Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 18:20   #31

Porsche Macan S in Mumbai

Spotted the newly launched Macan S this morning.

The SUV cum Sports Car is nothing like ive seen before. Easily overshadows its elder sibling, the Cayenne, in being the better looking amongst the two. The low stance coupled with those big (probably 21") rims looked spectacular !

Didnt get a chance to get a front pic as the driver was engaged in rather spirited driving !

Any more spottings of this import around the country ?
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Macan SUV launched in India @ Rs. 1 crore-image.jpg  

AnishKarande is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 22:02   #32
BHPian

Re: Porsche Macan S in Mumbai

I find this car so ugly,especially from behind.They are trying to compete with the X3, Q5 and Merc GLK's.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th January 2015 at 23:35. Reason: please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 22:59   #33

Re: Porsche Macan S in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity View Post
I find this car so ugly....especially from behind...They are trying to compete with the X3, Q5 and Merc GLK's..
As per my understanding, not only in India but elsewhere in the world, the Macan is placed way above, pricewise or otherwise, the x3, q5, or even the ML for that matter ! and personally i dont think Porsche considers the aforesaid as competition !
Old 6th June 2016, 18:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Porsche Macan SUV launched in India @ Rs. 1 crore

Porsche Macan gets a new 2.0-litre petrol engine

Porsche has launched an entry-level variant of its Macan luxury crossover. The new variant comes with a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine. Porsche India dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the new Macan 2.0-litre, with deliveries starting from November 2016.

Porsche has been following an ideology of extracting more power from smaller engines. We saw this recently in the new 718 Boxster, and now the new Macan too carries forward the same philosophy. As a result, the 2.0-litre petrol engine in the new entry-level Macan features direct injection, and is turbocharged to extract 252 BHP @ 5,000-6,800 rpm and a peak torque of 370 Nm @ 1,600-4,500 rpm. This engine is mated to a dual-clutch, 7-speed PDK (Porsche Doppel Kupplung) gearbox. According to Porsche, the aforementioned powertrain is capable of accelerating the Macan 2.0L from 0-100 kmph in just 6.7 seconds, before clocking a top speed of 229 kmph. Moreover, the new Macan weighs just 1,770 kg, and is thus the lightest SUV from Porsche.

On the outside, the new Porsche Macan SUV gets Bi-Xenon headlights and the overall design seems to be a silhouette of the 911. It also gets adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, 18-inch alloys, blacked-out brake callipers, tyre pressure monitoring system, and dual-zone climate control.

This new engine joins the existing Porsche Macan lineup, which consists of three other engine options: a 335 BHP V6 in the Macan S, a 254 BHP V6 in the Macan S Diesel, and the top-of-the-line 394 BHP 3.6-litre petrol engine in the Macan Turbo.

The new entry-level Porsche Macan 2.0L trim will compete against the Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG.

Porsche Macan SUV launched in India @ Rs. 1 crore-porschezoom.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 6th June 2016 at 18:13.
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 18:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
Why would I not buy a Mercedes S Class for 8 Lakhs more ? Just why ? Is there any hope for FTA's in India or should one just wait for the CKD Range Rover Evoque or the Merc GL with the Godawful small LCD Screen and dashboard, or the flawed BMW X5 !
I'm wondering why people are not considering the Jaguar F-Pace ?
Old 6th October 2016, 17:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Porsche recalls certain units of 2017MY Macan:

Quote:
Owners of certain units of the 2017 Porsche Macan should be aware that the automaker has issued a recall over a safety concern.

The safety campaign counts 243 units of the 2017MY SUVs and includes the Macan, made from July 30 to August 9, 2016, the Macan S, produced between July 30 and August 5, the Macan GTS, made from August 1 and August 5, and the Macan Turbo, assembled from August 3 to August 5.

"There is the possibility the front anti-roll bar of the affected vehicles were fitted with connecting links from a defective batch, on which the connecting link bushings can move out of the connecting link eyes", the NHTSA notes in the description of the defect. This can cause rattling noises and make the anti-roll bar to stop working during extreme maneuvers and, in extreme cases, the vehicles can oversteer, increasing the risk of a crash.

Discovered in August, the condition has been blamed on the component manufacturer, Germany's Vorwerk Drivetec GmbH, and after certain in-house testing, the recall campaign was decided upon in mid-September.
Source:carscoops

That's quite a serious safety concern.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks