Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 16:14   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quite awesome considering they have kept it well hidden under wraps across the world!! You should have pushed hard and gotten ahead of him and taken some front pics!!!!
Nevertheless, thanks a bunch!!
Old 12th September 2014, 17:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Can you tell us wether the car was an automatic or a manual ?
I could not see inside except a huge display console (seemed larger than current fortuner). However, driving style indicated a manual.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:06   #108
Senior - BHPian

From the looks of this picture, a black interior (finally) ,key less entry. This looks like top end as alloys and chrome garnish on door handles
The rear bumper and bonnet looks different from the ones on the outgoing models, or maybe they have hidden it well.
All said and done, price. And I think Toyota will have no plans to keep this cheap either.

Last edited by beejay : 12th September 2014 at 18:12.
Old 12th September 2014, 19:38   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The C-Pillar portion looks me very Land Cruiser'ish. Pretty looong car! Hope they have a good package when launched.
Long, wide, tall and boxy!

Converts that tall boy Santro to just a dwarf! Nice road presence and with a good looking front end- the car will once again stand miles ahead of the competition of compact utility vehicles.

It sure looks like Toyota wants to move the Innova further up the market, in terms of pricing as well- hopefully it will have features to justify the pricing this time around.
Old 12th September 2014, 20:49   #110
Senior - BHPian

^

Yes, its grown so much over the current generation.

Is Toyota' plan to sell both generations of the Innova side by side? Toyota may still be ruing the decision to pull out Qualis when the current Innova was launched. I hope I am wrong with that assumption here though. Else, this new generation will be out of reach for many in the market and will never realize its full potential.

Last edited by deetjohn : 12th September 2014 at 20:51. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 20:56   #111
BHPian

I apologize to mods for posting this comment without reading the entire thread.

Is there going to be any engine upgrade? Because Innova really needs this. If I'm not wrong then this is the most underpowered car in the segment. In front of Xuv it is really sluggish.
Old 12th September 2014, 21:45   #112
BHPian

I have been contemplating getting an Innova, Guess will wait for this.

also it looks like this was near my house, in Koramangala, Sony World Junction I guess, Right?
Old 13th September 2014, 07:34   #113
Senior - BHPian

They launched a limited edition with a new color - thats all folks
Old 13th September 2014, 11:46   #114
BHPian

Is is just me, or that rear taillights resemble the Mitsubishi Outlander's. If its true, its going to be a good looking car. Another good thing would be, that being the first edition, this car would be devoid of any chrome,(they obviously would be saving it for the upgrades) so that's some more good news.

The only thing I am worried about is the pricing. I believe it would be upwards of 15 lakh, seeing the current and horrendous pricing strategy that Toyota is employing.
Old 13th September 2014, 12:03   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
^

Yes, its grown so much over the current generation.

Is Toyota' plan to sell both generations of the Innova side by side? Toyota may still be ruing the decision to pull out Qualis when the current Innova was launched. I hope I am wrong with that assumption here though. Else, this new generation will be out of reach for many in the market and will never realize its full potential.
Yes you are right in saying that. Toyota will sell both the current Innova and the new one side by side, simply by giving a different name to the 2016 model MUV.

Why stop a nice selling current Innova which is bread butter and cake for TKM?
Old 13th September 2014, 19:59   #116
BHPian

Is it a confirmed news that Toyota is going to sell both the cars alongside. While it will be a good strategy for them to fill the gap between current Innova and Fortuner, I don't think the new car will sell to its full potential. They are definitely going to make it expensive without making it that much plush.

I just hope that will not be the case though. Just because one particular model is selling well does not mean that the company will have to continue with it. Say for example the Corolla itself or the I20.
Old 13th September 2014, 22:00   #117
BHPian

From the latest pics, it looks like Toyota is making a mini Sienna out of Innova. I am liking what I am seeing; for the Sienna is one hell of a spacious van. I always wished we had something similar here in India. So a bigger Innova is always better. Cheers !
Old 14th September 2014, 23:50   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Toyota may still be ruing the decision to pull out Qualis when the current Innova was launched.
I dont think so! Qualis sold in numbers - yes. But Innova had huge profit margins and still sold in big numbers - a combination no manufacturer will complain about - ever!

Can you imagine that the Innova was launched at 6.8L to 9.4L for the petrol and 7.4L to 10L for the diesel versions, sometime back in 2005? In 2014 - the same car with minimal changes sells 5000+ units a month, priced at 10.2L to 13.7L for the petrol and 10L to 15L for the diesel versions.

*ex-showroom prices.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 08:13   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I dont think so! Qualis sold in numbers - yes. But Innova had huge profit margins and still sold in big numbers - a combination no manufacturer will complain about - ever!
Toyota was able to do that because they had an effective monopoly with MUVs in the market all these years. Now, the competition is much more fierce.

Let's take the Diesel Innova. The price is now between 10L and 15L. Will the new generation have a premium of a lakh variant to variant over the current Innova?

And suddenly, we are looking at a market where Toyota doesn't have a Diesel MUV under 11L, and that is in ex. showroom. A BIG space where MSIL and Honda can make merry. This will happen unless, they undercut the current Innova with the new generation, which is almost impossible.

What I think is a mixed portfolio where the current Innova will be offered in the base variants to drive the volume and the new generation will be available in the mid to higher variants.

I hope I am wrong here though. I hate seeing two generations sell side by side. But, the Innova has appreciated so much over the years, that Toyota will find pricing the new generation very difficult. Who knows, maybe they will undercut the Innova with the new one. I will be pleasantly surprised if that's the case.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 09:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
...Who knows, maybe they will undercut the Innova with the new one. I will be pleasantly surprised if that's the case.
I think you can forget this after looking at the new corolla pricing...most likely it will your other theory - Innova Classic for the taxi/volume segment and all new innova priced higher up, thus scaling the price chart all the way from 9-10 lacs to 17-18 lacs.

I also read somewhere that the Innova will be launched in India first and then Indonesia - so there is a fair chance of the new Innova making it here in Q1/Q2 2015.

Last edited by reppy : 15th September 2014 at 09:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks