Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 10:23   #196
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

http://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/news...gines-revealed

Updates from the 36th International Vienna Motor Symposium

Looks like the new engines to power the trio of Innova, Fortuner and Hilux. A little downsized as is the trend these days, but comes with more power and a promise of higher efficiency. This report also talks about a six speed gearbox. I do hope we get a six speed one in the manual as well as in the automatic. And extra cog is desperately needed.

I would speculate the top spec to land at over 22 Lakhs OTR in most cities, especially if it comes with higher safety features like more airbags and ESP. Though going by Toyota's track record I will probably get the price point right, but not the wishlist of higher safety.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 11th May 2015 at 10:25.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 10:40   #197
Team-BHP Support

6 speed AT and MT is a welcome sight.

Hope they do bring the 160BHP intercooler VGT version in the Innova. They have downsized to 2.4L but got 16BHP extra power.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:42   #198
BHPian

Today, heard from a very reliable source at Toyota that they are shutting down the plant operations for a weeks time and this happens when a new vehicle is getting launched. It is also confirmed that New Innova 2016 will now go on production post this shut down(read Revamp to accommodate the new vehicle). As per the source, the vehicle should be launched in the next 4-5months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and looking forward to book one the moment it is launched.
joelchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 07:46   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Today, heard from a very reliable source at Toyota that they are shutting down the plant operations for a weeks time and this happens when a new vehicle is getting launched. It is also confirmed that New Innova 2016 will now go on production post this shut down(read Revamp to accommodate the new vehicle). As per the source, the vehicle should be launched in the next 4-5months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and looking forward to book one the moment it is launched.

I was expecting this. Going by the Hilux Revo launch in Thailand we can assume Toyota launching having the global launch in India itself as it sells a decent amount in India. I was expecting a launch by Diwali which matches your 4-5 months period.

You are not alone to book immediately I have postponed 2 people's buying decision as they were about to buy the current Innova.

If Toyota launches a 6-speed auto 140-150bhp Diesel Innova we have a winner!

However I wonder why did the spy shots stop all of a sudden!
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 12:29   #200
BHPian

Going by the trend, looks like this one will easily cross 25 lakhs on road.
Old 4th June 2015, 20:15   #201
BHPian

This month's Autocar issue reports that the new Innova will have more space on the inside as compared to the current version especially in the third row and the luggage area which will help them target large families. It also mentions what was probably known all along that all this will come with an increase in price. There is a special feature on the engines but cant recollect reading anything on transmission options.

I have also told my dealer to blindly do a booking in my name if the new Innova is launched with an automatic. Even though my current car is not even a year old I will change it the first day there is an automatic available.
Old 4th June 2015, 20:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
It also mentions what was probably known all along that all this will come with an increase in price.
That's it. Autocar reports are generally reliable and this just confirms that the Innova is going to go out of reach of many prospective customers. Knowing Toyota, I wouldn't be surprised if the top-end variant of this new Innova nudges close to INR 22 Lakhs on-road.

P.S: I just couldn't stop thinking about the Innova's launch prices in India. From there, it has been one whirlwind rise to the top, pun intended.
Old 4th June 2015, 21:20   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
This month's Autocar issue reports that the new Innova will have more space on the inside as compared to the current version especially in the third row and the luggage area which will help them target large families. It also mentions what was probably known all along that all this will come with an increase in price. There is a special feature on the engines but cant recollect reading anything on transmission options.

I have also told my dealer to blindly do a booking in my name if the new Innova is launched with an automatic. Even though my current car is not even a year old I will change it the first day there is an automatic available.
Was watching the Autocar show last Thursday when Hormazd Sorabjee mentioned about Toyota's plans for the upcoming Innova in scoop section. He was quite confident that TKM is equipping the Innova with 2.4 L 2GD FTV-VN engine with both 6 speed manual and 6 speed automatic transmission.

Only thing he was not sure was about this engine was it's torque and power figures. Will Toyota detune this engine compared to it's current tune on the Hilux (150bhp, 400NM) is something we will come to know in a couple of months when Toyota will reveal Innova probably in Indonesia.

I personally think that Innova desperately needs this engine in it's similar tune as Hilux because of it's bigger size. I think people would pay 20-22 lakhs for a new top end Innova with upmarket interiors, 5-7 air bags, ABS, ABD, BA, VSC and an automatic.

Regards.
Old 5th June 2015, 15:03   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That's it. Autocar reports are generally reliable and this just confirms that the Innova is going to go out of reach of many prospective customers. Knowing Toyota, I wouldn't be surprised if the top-end variant of this new Innova nudges close to INR 22 Lakhs on-road.

P.S: I just couldn't stop thinking about the Innova's launch prices in India. From there, it has been one whirlwind rise to the top, pun intended.
If the new Innova is priced at 22 Lakhs OTR, just wondering if it will still be a profitable option for cabbies.
Old 5th June 2015, 15:20   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
If the new Innova is priced at 22 Lakhs OTR, just wondering if it will still be a profitable option for cabbies.
there are talks that the current gen Innova would be still sold at 15 lacs OTR for the cabbie folks. 3-row-AC / Power steering is the only thing they will ever need.
Old 6th June 2015, 19:52   #206
Senior - BHPian

Seriously, every new version of the Innova since the first facelift model makes me love the outgoing version more. This all new version seems to make the wheels look smaller, and the styling and appeal seems to be going the typical Toyota way - straight off a cliff.
Old 6th June 2015, 20:25   #207
Senior - BHPian

So this is confirmed to be the replacement to the existing and not a stripped one to compete with the Lodgy?

AT (even if its 4 or 5 speed) will be welcome as this is probably be the only segment without an AT option.
Old 6th June 2015, 22:44   #208
Senior - BHPian

So it is all history repeating itself.

They pulled the plug on the qualis only to make more money through Innova.

It is astonishing that for a decade, this people mover reigned supreme only to be contested by it's own sibling; and shame on other automobile makers that they couldn't even come with a worthy competitor.
Old 6th June 2015, 23:15   #209
Senior - BHPian

A Toyota that looks like it was designed by Mahindra.

The Hexa looks positively ravishing compared to this.
Old 7th June 2015, 07:30   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Seriously, every new version of the Innova since the first facelift model makes me love the outgoing version more.
You stole those words out of my mouth! When I saw the current Innova being unveiled as a facelift over the previous model, I was like "Argh, why did they have to do that?" And now, it is exactly those thoughts all over again.

At a time when Mahindra is polishing the rough edges in its designs and Tata is coming up with real good-looking vehicles, Toyota had to go back to the drawing boards and do the exact opposite. But why?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks