Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 14:22   #91
BHPian

Re: Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I am impressed with the pricing of the GT Models, definitely worth the wait. Hope the pricing in Mumbai is the same or less than ex-Delhi
The GT's pricing remains the same as before. Since the new GT TDi, with the 1.5 engine, falls within the small car price bracket, it should have dropped the price by at least 50K.
blacksport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 14:22   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
#NewPolo prices:
1.2 MPI - 4.99 to 6.07L
1.5 TDI - 6.27 to 7.37L
Cross Polo - 7.90L
GT TDI - 7.99L
GT TSI - 7.99L
I see a lot of escalation in prices from its previous launch price. I understand the inflation and its effects, but if VW is quoting these as "introductory prices", then they are not so exciting.

Case in point, Polo when launched in 2010 commanded a starting price of 4.34 lacs for Petrol and 5.32lacs for diesel.

The price for petrol base variant has increased by 66k, but feature wise the only addition is airbags. VW had earlier increased the prices during model refresh 2 years ago as well while not adding features.

But the bigger change is in the price of diesel variant - from 5.34 to 6.27, an increase of nearly a lac. Agreed engine is bigger but it is eligible for the same excise benefits. So why such a jump?

Also as someone pointed out, a jump of 1.27 lacs between base petrol and diesel is unjustified. It is not that there was a huge bias towards diesel Polo in the market, which would justify skimming the margins. The diesel engine better be significantly better than competition if it has to stand any chance.

Last edited by vivekz : 15th July 2014 at 14:22. Reason: Spell check
vivekz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 14:24   #93
BHPian

Does it come with 60:40 rear seat split? It would be helpful for someone like me who wants to upgrade/downgrade from Amaze and want to utilise the boot space in a better way.
Old 15th July 2014, 14:27   #94
BHPian

A reduction of just 5k for the GT versions is just
Overall, the new POLO looks like a new package and now with the increased horsepower and better brakes/suspension, should try to compete with the segment leader Swift and try to garner at least some of the sales off it.

The only thing that I think I miss from my old GT is the double barrel headlights and the supposedly good braking power.

Hope VW also listens to the customers regarding the average A.S.S
Old 15th July 2014, 14:28   #95
BHPian

VW's probable strategy is that sales of the 4 cylinder TDI will increase substantially as the earlier 3 pot TDI did not find much favour with the masses. The ACI first drive shows that the 1.5 TDI is a good engine. Will take a test drive after the initial euphoria subsides
Old 15th July 2014, 14:58   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
... from 5.34 to 6.27, an increase of nearly a lac. Agreed engine is bigger but it is eligible for the same excise benefits. So why such a jump?...
In carwale if I check, the current price of pre-facelift polo tdi 1.2L is 6.05L

So an increase of 22k looks justified to me considering this will finally be a proper 4-pot engine with much better power/torque.

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th July 2014 at 14:59.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:10   #97
BHPian

At VW Delhi West to attend the launch event. Will begin soon.
Old 15th July 2014, 16:00   #98
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen has launched the Polo facelift in India at prices starting from Rs. 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Summary of changes: 2014 VW Polo-new-polo-launch-picture.jpg
Aditya is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 17:06   #99
BHPian

The big disappointment IMO would be in TDi comes sans DSG. VW could use the benefit of excise duties to roll out 1.5 TDi + DSG at the same price of the outgoing polo GT Tdi. This will be a game changer for the consumers and VW as well as there will NO competition in this segment.

The facelift has been subtle with small functional changes yet welcome. Good going VW.

This goes to show that VW also can repeatedly amend changes to their models / car that have been on the roads for decades. And these changes also apply for India which shows these guys are indeed taking seriously business in this country.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 18:15   #100
BHPian

Firstly, it is really good to see VW coming up with so many changes with the models. This shows (even with limited vehicle choice) they are ready to adapt and change. Yes, the cars are slightly overpriced at times and seem less value for money but they never compromise on quality. Even the paint work seems top notch. So thumbs up to VW for constant updates

Some points regarding latest face-lift :

1. The exterior and the interior changes are minimal but important. Thankfully, the chrome is not overdone. The steering wheel is a welcome change and looks classy and different. All black interiors with right ergonomics is spot on.

2. Now we have a proper 4 cylinder diesel unit with decent output. Some reviews suggest that NVH has also improved. Also, the 90 ps unit with 230 nm should have a flat linear curve which is great for city. I believe it comes with a VGT. Doesn't that make GT Tdi redundant because a simple remap can surpass the output of a GT. VW will have to bring serious changes to GT for it to be called a 'value proposition'

3. Some reviews suggest that the handling is slightly soft than before. It gives great ride quality but disappoints on corners. I hope they don't fiddle with handling too much. Reduced GC can be a slight disadvantage.

Looking at the prices, Comfortline could be pitted directly against Swift Zdi. I am looking for a diesel hatchback, so can't wait for a test drive. All said and done it is a useful face-lift but I seriously hope that the Comfortline variant is not too expensive as Swift Zdi certainly has some serious advantages.

But my heart says Polo
Zigor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 18:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Just went through the Polo eBrochure uploaded on the VW India portal. Here are my observations on the 2014 Polo (TDI - Highline) compared to GT TDI: 1. Spare wheel is a 14" Steel Rim on the 2014 Polo, while its a 15" Estrada on GT.
Surprising - I got a steel spare with my Polo GT and most others too AFAIK. Which batch of Polo GT's is yours from ?
Old 15th July 2014, 18:59   #102
BHPian

Wonder how good / effective the Voice Command will be, since it will be the first VW Model in India with this feature?
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 19:40   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Surprising - I got a steel spare with my Polo GT and most others too AFAIK. Which batch of Polo GT's is yours from ?
Woah a steel spare wheel?! When did you get yours? Owners who took their delivery during 2013 have alloy spare wheels imported from Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Wonder how good / effective the Voice Command will be, since it will be the first VW Model in India with this feature?
Actually, there is a workaround using VCDS to enable voice commands in the current models. Prithwi, I believe has enabled it. I have a different HU.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 19:45   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post

The facelift has been subtle with small functional changes yet welcome. Good going VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
Yes, the cars are slightly overpriced at times and seem less value for money but they never compromise on quality. Even the paint work seems top notch. So thumbs up to VW for constant updates

1. The exterior and the interior changes are minimal but important. The steering wheel is a welcome change and looks classy and different.

2. Now we have a proper 4 cylinder diesel unit with decent output. Some reviews suggest that NVH has also improved.

But my heart says Polo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
At VW Delhi West to attend the launch event. Will begin soon.

Returned just a while ago.

The launch event was delayed because of the late arrival of the VW corporate guy (I don't recall his name or position). However, the event was good as the entire showroom was decorated, full of excited people and drinks and snacks were being served.

I was the 1st one to test drive the diesel one and I really liked the drive and the added power as compared to the old diesel, NVH levels have reduced but can't really comment on that for sure. The On-Road Price of Highline TDI has been quoted as 8.40 lacs, which is fine I suppose although I was earlier told that the price will be nearly identical to the outgoing one 8.22 lacs.

Totally agree with the above quoted BHPians.

And yes, my heart had also said Polo.
Old 15th July 2014, 19:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post

I believe it comes with a VGT. Doesn't that make GT Tdi redundant because a simple remap can surpass the output of a GT. VW will have to bring serious changes to GT for it to be called a 'value proposition'
From what I understand Zigor, the 1.5 TDI does come with VGT. Now then, if you read through the ACI report, this takes over 13 seconds to a ton while the GT TDI does it at around 10+ seconds.

Technology is a constant evolution and just because there are newer workarounds, older ideas cannot be dumped.

How about we put a remapped GT TDI against remapped 1.5 TDI. Ah ha, do I see a thread coming up soon on TBHP ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

JishD your post actually made me run to my GT parked in my basement and have a second look!!

Mine is April 2014 (23' April to be precise) manufactured. I have all 5 15" Estrada Alloys in my GT.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 15th July 2014 at 19:51.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks