Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 11:49   #1051
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Folks really need your suggestions :

I have booked TUV 300 T8 Black to be delivered on 18th Oct. Today Ford has announced Ecosport refesh with a lot of features in the Trend+ and Titanium variant, Now i am really confused.

Please help me decide
I am not sure why you are getting confused.
Though media project TUV300 as a competition to Ecosport, both cars are at the end of the spectrum.
TUV300 is a properly built SUV, with body on frame design. You can compare it to the likes of Bolero, Scorpio, Sumo, Safari, though TUV300 has better equipment than all of these and is a sub 4m car to keep the prices low. This is suitable for people who want to drive a real SUV. This is sure a tough vehicle, but it will not attract any attention on the road, due to its standard boxy nature.
Ecosport, on the other hand, is a high raised car, with monocoque construction. It is a big hatchback, with dimensions & Ground clearance similar to a small SUV. Ecosport definitely has a higher level of equipment because it main customers are urban office goers. One who buys Ecosport can definitely show it off among his colleagues when it is new and get some wows.
Since you have booked the TUV300, I suspect you like the straight lines in the design. Getting wows among your peers is not one of your top concerns. If so, you would have booked the Ecosport already. Honestly, the Ecosport currently on sale, and the facelift does not have a lot of difference to speak of.
So, no need to get confused, take delivery of your TUV300 and enjoy the long drives!
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:09   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar
Folks really need your suggestions :

I have booked TUV 300 T8 Black to be delivered on 18th Oct. Today Ford has announced Ecosport refesh with a lot of features in the Trend+ and Titanium variant, Now i am really confused.

Please help me decide
Ecosport is similar to a hatchback that's raised high. It is refined etc, but it is sill like a hatch. If you want something more rugged, then you are right with TUV
Old 7th October 2015, 15:03   #1053
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Spotted the Molten Orange shade at VVC Motors, Kondapur-Hyderabad showroom today while on my way to office.

The shade is the same as in XUV500. Looks good on TUV300 and wears it well.

I asked the advisor to call me if they receive any Blue/Black TUV300 for deliveries and if anyone orders the Green. Black might be the best color on this machine.

Pardon the picture quality.

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_131713.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_131726.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_131831.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_131842.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_131845.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_131859.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-img_20151007_132432.jpg

I had seen one TUV300 (white) on road couple of days ago near driven by a young owner.
mrbaddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:49   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
I also had these apprehensions, but upon checking in Delhi market i found that the solution to Recline and adding under-thigh support is an expense of only 5k. You can even install bucket seats for around 10k.
Great to know! If you I may know, what is the solution?

Team BHP: Really need the review. As the song has it: Intaah ho gayi intazaar ki; ayi na khabar 'TUV' ki!

Thank you (for putting up with the limerick).
Old 7th October 2015, 19:52   #1055

There are many people bashing the straight lines on TUV300. Well today I have seen the car first time on road. It was a short glimpse of TUV300 with XUV 500 behind it. Well photographs didn't do justice to the car. IMO this car has mature looks with something different to offer in this fluidic world. My two cents- one must see it in person before striking it out.
Old 7th October 2015, 20:22   #1056
BHPian

Note that the rear number plate is unscrewed from one end. Someone should have noticed. Quality always becomes a concern when you see something like this--not just of the vehicle, but the dealership people, and ASS.
Old 7th October 2015, 20:57   #1057
BHPian

SA called me today and informed me that the prices are going to increase by 15K next week. Seems introductory pricing is over
Old 8th October 2015, 09:43   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
SA called me today and informed me that the prices are going to increase by 15K next week. Seems introductory pricing is over
Prices of all M&M vehicles have been increased by 15k. This is not specific to TUV, I guess introductory pricing of TUV is still ON, and anytime it could change!!
Old 8th October 2015, 10:45   #1059
BHPian

By replacing the fixed hinges with adjustable hinges you can get the reclining function for the back seat.

Last edited by nishant kar : 8th October 2015 at 10:46. Reason: Wrong Quote
nishant kar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:52   #1060
BHPian

Test Drove the T8 AMT yesterday.

It was a very short & slow drive, due to peak office hours. The car looks better in flesh than pics suggest. Though the front do looks a bit too flashy, and a more mature design would have helped. Fit & Finish is on par with Scorpio & Xuv, except those ill fitting headlights. The showroom had Tuv, Xuv & Scorpio all parked in a row, and I can surely say the TUV looks more butch & tough than the other two, helped by that massively high bonnet. IMO, the TUV's bonnet looks as high as a Fortuner.

I was very careful while getting inside the car due to those curved front doors. Door closed with a satisfying thunk, much better than the new Scorpio which feels very tinny & hollow in comparison. The interior look & feel is unlike any Mahindra Car and appears to be much better quality than even the XUV. But, the steering wheel without leather even on the T8 appears very plasticky. Front Seats are comfortable & more spacious than the Scorpio, but the Seat Height felt low, and the outside visibility isnt as good. The integrated armrests are very welcome. Getting in the rear is very easy, and the first thing that hit me was the space offered. It definitely doesnt feel like a 4m car, and would be great if Mahindra gives an option of removing the last pair of seats, and a slider mechanism like a Scorpio. The back rest does feel a bit upright, but not uncomfortable, and nothing a slight aftermarket modification can't solve. Also missed the presence of an centre armrest. Coming to the last pair of seats, they are meant only for kids, and should be used only for short city drives. If I decide to buy this car, these seats will be the first one to be kicked out of the car.

Now comes the drive, the engine never ever felt like a 3Cylinder engine. The NVH impressed, especially after all those conflicting reviews here. Definitely feels much more refined than a Rapid/Vento. There were no unwanted vibrations anywhere. The startup shake is quite alright for a ladder frame chassis. We were 3 persons in the car, and the pickup was good & appeared lag free. Tried both the Auto & Manual modes of the AMT gearbox, and the short 3-4kms drive was stress free in the peak hour traffic. Given the height & width of the vehicle, it never feels like a small car & takes as much effort as a Scorpio. The Steering felt unusually heavy, infact heavier than my 8yr Old Scorpio.

Could not get a chance to check the brakes due to heavy traffic, though the Suspension felt better than my Scorpio. I have narrowed down my choice to this & the new updated Ecosport. As of now, I am tilting more towards ES. Rest will decide only after a detailed TBHP review.
ScorpMan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:02   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Presenting the TUV300 Crazy Colour Edition. IMO it looks quite cool Comments?

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv-crazy-color.jpg

P.S. This is just a photoshopped image done by an amateur
S2!!! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:05   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Still better looking than the nail polish pink Estilo!

Jokes apart, they really should have included the Rocky Beige colour that was available in the previous gen Scorpio - would have looked good on the TUV 300.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 8th October 2015 at 15:06.
Old 8th October 2015, 15:16   #1063
BHPian

The frontal elements are just not gelling with each other. The grill design is a poor attempt at wannabe cherokee.
The squarish fog lamps are looking out of place. I like brute but not brute and ugly. Just my opinion. Dashboard looks good however.
human_wheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:54   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Attachment 1424714

P.S. This is just a photoshopped image done by an amateur
This is very impressive! But is not for every once taste. To me, yes it is, definitely stands out in the mad crowd!
Old 10th October 2015, 20:14   #1065
BHPian

Took delivery of the black TUV300 T8 yesterday from Zulaikha Motors, Chennai.
Initial experience -
1. Found the clutch to be slightly harder and more springy and the gear more rubbery than the vehicle I test drove earlier. Hope these will bite in to be more comfortable as time and miles go past, as today I felt that the clutch was getting lighter and the gear more manageable.
2. With the seat pushed forward to my driving position found it difficult to access the fuel lid opening lever below the drivers seat. Either you push the seat backwards or open the door to gain better access to the lever. The fuel cap is not attached to the body, so chances of the fuel station attender forgetting to replace the cap after fueling exists. (I lost my Maruti 800 fuel cap way back in 1998).
3. Drive-ability, due to the good torque, in traffic is excellent, except for the slightly hard clutch, and managed to take a tight 'U' turn from almost standstill in 3 rd gear without feeling the engine getting strained.
4. Cornering lights worked great, and is quite bright.

Will try and get an ownership report out soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-dsc_1681.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-dsc_1676.jpg  

CAPTAIN REX is offline   (29) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks