Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 12:30   #661
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Undercut by 25-30%. Where did you get that idea from? How does one make that possible - input prices for all are the same (steel/ bought out items/ plastics). So are we expecting that Indian companies to do charity?
That comes the amount of MONEY our Desi companies spend on R&D & COST Cutting vs other brands - please go and sit in any Mahindra vehicle ( though I haven't TUV ) & then to FORD or HYUNDAI you will realise difference . Of-course the gap is reducing with our local manufacturer's improving and at same time MNC's taking off some of things over Imports .

I am not sure if FORD or TOYOTA uses same steel as Mahindra / TATA does , I have seen one of my cousins scorpio here in Delhi and one of our own TATA Vista - less than 6 Years old with major rust on body panels - against NOTHING on my 12 Year old Corolla .
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:34   #662
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikart View Post
360 degree views are on the website. It looks way better than i thought it would.
Yes looks rather neat. There was a mention of some custom green colour during the presentation. Not shown in the website. It was supposed to be displayed at the launch venue. Any clue anyone?

The accessories brochure has some cool and some weird options!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
So, no 4WD? This isn't good news for something claimed to be a tank.
Funnily no one at the launch asked this question too!

Last edited by mallumowgli : 10th September 2015 at 12:49. Reason: Added detail
Old 10th September 2015, 12:43   #663
BHPian

WOW !!! I am loving it now. Please view the accessories list here. LINK
Waiting eagerly for the Team BHP review.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:44   #664
BHPian

The TUV300 is using a 1.3L mHawk engine, putting out 84bhp, not a 1.5L as thought earlier by many. I still feel, this should have been called TUV100 ( with the jump seats being optional), the Bolero sized version being the real TUV300 (new Bolero) with a 1.5L to 1.8L mHawk producing around 105bhp, and the next generation Scorpio being called TUV500 with an upgraded/ retuned 2.2mHawk that will see the power jump to 140bhp. The XUV variants could take over on-road performance, while TUV focuses on off-road. The pricing is pretty good, although, it may drop down a touch alil later. Im a bit disappointed the rated ARAI, was hoping around 20+ at the bare minimum.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:45   #665
Senior - BHPian

brilliant pricing and feature list. ABS on all but the base is also good(they should extend it to base model too IMHO). T8 is brilliantly specced and appears great VFM.

the unknown here is the performance of the engine (specs look a bit underwhelming) and the ride and handling.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:45   #666
Team-BHP Support

So, no 4WD? This isn't good news for something claimed to be a tank.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:46   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikart View Post
360 degree views are on the website. It looks way better than i thought it would.
http://www.mahindratuv300.com/#degreecolor
Yeah, it does look nice. Sure it won't win any beauty pageants but would offend none. Much much better than Quanto. This is how the quanto should have been looking from day 1.

Some personalization options like black body cladding and over-head lights would give this little car far more appeal. If this has Quanto-ish space in the second row, I will do great as a 5 seater(for someone who doesnt need 3rd row).

Edit : Just saw this link shared by Arindam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
WOW !!! I am loving it now. Please view the accessories list here. LINK
Waiting eagerly for the Team BHP review.

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th September 2015 at 12:50.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:50   #668
BHPian

1) Has the ground clearance been announced?
2) Strangely, the base variant has no WHITE colour. White and Silver are the 2 most popular and you need to pay a premium(upgrade) for the white!
3) At what rpm is the torque being generated? Too low, and soon a variant would be a used in the commercial segment. The segment differentiation vanishes then.

Avoiding the versions with all the electronic bells and whistles, might be a good idea till they are finished "beta" testing the first sold lot ?

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 10th September 2015 at 12:55.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:56   #669
BHPian

Anybody noticed the weight of the TUV300? 84bhp for 2225kgs seems too puny IMHO. The AMT ones get 81bhp. Hopefully they manage this through gearing appropriately.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:57   #670
Senior - BHPian

The website is live now!

The good thing is that Airbags are provided as an option right from the T4 base variant (T4+). Even ABS is standard across all variants except the base T4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
2) Strangely, the base variant has no WHITE colour. White and Silver are the 2 most popular and you need to pay a premium(upgrade) for the white!
3) At what rpm is the torque being generated? Too low, and soon a variant would be a used in the commercial segment. The segment differentiation vanishes then.

Avoiding the versions with all the electronic bells and whistles, might be a good idea till they are finished "beta" testing the first sold lot ?
GC = 191 mm

Torque is generated at 1500 rpm.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th September 2015 at 13:01.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:59   #671
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has come up with the right set of features with right pricing IMO. Should wait and see on the performance of their new engine and see how it performs. They should see decent sales on a monthly basis with festive season nearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Ground clearance is at 191mm
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:00   #672
BANNED

Finally got full picture of the interiors. Looks good to me. Only sore point is power window buttons are in the middle. Why Mahindra, why?
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv.png  

aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:08   #673
BHPian

Report says 18+ ARAI figures.. That is indeed wonderful. Now the only thing missing is 4WD or an AWD. That can pull a lot of prospective ecosport guys to Mahindra showrooms.
Eagerly waiting for a review.. or at least a first drive report ..just to know how the 80 bhp motor performs.
Old 10th September 2015, 13:09   #674
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising, though I wonder if it will cannibalize bolero sales.

Any news about following ?

1. Rear seats have AC vents ?
2. Rear seats, can 3 adults sit comfortably?
3. Since the AMT is inhouse, whats the warranty for the AMT box?
4. Interior pics of the whole car, cannot see 360 view of interiors on the site.
5. USB player ?
6. Spare tyre at boot, alloy on T8 ?

The boot space at 400 liters seems comparable to hatches.
Old 10th September 2015, 13:10   #675
Senior - BHPian

I take back my words after seeing the official 360 deg pic... It looks great to me now. I guess the scoop pics angle or something was causing illusion to my eyes on the lines and proportions.

Good effort by M&M. if this car can add to the 10K sales of Bolero..they will be so happy. But i guess the only car that suffers because of this is Bolero itself
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks