Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 13:51   #91
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

The U301 looks promising. I have a feeling that this will be the best looking Mahindra car after the XUV500. The car might not get the AMT as the Canto will be getting it. I hope the chassis is based on the new Scorpio's modular chassis. The new chassis got great reviews from the auto experts.
Old 19th June 2015, 16:37   #92
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Have they squeezed the SUV to make it fit under 4 meter length? Looks so from the side photos. But what will be the benefit of doing that since Bolero usually have 2+ litter capacity engines!
Old 19th June 2015, 20:40   #93
BHPian

I know the thread says next gen Bolero, but what is the probability that this is an entirely different car altogether?

Perhaps a small SUV to compete with the likes of the Ecosport, Duster etc.?

From what I see in the spy shots, the side profile in particular seems too small to be a Bolero. Besides, the Scorpio has always been the more flashier one of the two with the Bolero's USP being reliability and fuss free ownership. So when the new gen Scorpio itself looked very similar in the exterior, I really doubt the changes made to the Bolero will be that big.

And also, off topic, but can anyone tell me how I can edit my posts. I made a few typos in my previous posts that I want to correct but can't find the edit option anywhere.
SS8939 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 22:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
lol cantdo. Mahindra design teams needs to be totally revamped. They need to learn class from the europeans and not crass..
Well, I have been to their design studio and I can tell you that their design team is awesome. The sketches that they have put up on the office walls are mind blowing. The studio, its functioning and the design team are world-class!

But I wonder what happens when they design the actual car! I mean, there is something that is proving to be a hurdle. It's really a pity that the sexy deigns on their sketch-boards and walls don't end up in production.

Coming back to this car, I hope they really come out with something sober. Making the car stand out just for the heck of it by adding unnecessary lines and curves and whiskers won't work.
RavSam is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 22:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

I guess with all the sightings of Baby Bolero and Mama Bolero, I think we will have a small family of Bolero vehicles very soon.

1. Papa Bolero (current Pickup)
2. Mama Bolero (current/new gen Bolero) (TUV 500)
3. Baby Bolero (delivery expected soon) (TUV 300)

Is there any specific reason why Bolero was tested outside India in Germany?
Parm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 07:24   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

There is hardly any over-hang at front or back. The Off-roaders will love this feature - if this comes in 4x4 ..
(And Mahindra & it's sales persons will be shouting from the roof top about the honey-comb grille )
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 02:04   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
The studio, its functioning and the design team are world-class!
Good to now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Making the car stand out just for the heck of it by adding unnecessary lines and curves and whiskers won't work.
Exactly my point. Okay, take inspiration from a cheeta to design the XUV is perfectly fine. But then someone says the Cheeta needs to growl, another idiot says the cheeta's tail needs to be curved. Then the fangs need to come out. BTW time these bozo's are done, the cheeta looks like like a wildebeast...
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 14:37   #98

I have been following developments of the U301 closely for a while now. I believe M&M will not replace the Bolero with it because of the following reasons:

1) Although smaller in size the U301 will be pricier than the Bolero,
2) Will be more powerful than the Bolero,
3) The top variant of the U301 will be very close to the lowest variant pf the Scorpio (not to mention the overlapping the Quanto and S101 variants) in terms of pricing and feature list.

Bolero will not be discontinued as it would create a void. Why discontinue something when it is more than profitable. With all this in perspective I believe the Bolero will continue.

The U301 might very well be christened as the TUV300 with this bigger sibling TUV500 following it shortly.

I definitely believe that the TUV500 will be longer than 4.3m given the fact that TUV300 (U301) is 4m and the existing Bolero is 4.107m.

It just would not make any sense the TUV500 any less than the 4.3m mark.

All said I am very excited about this vehicle U301 with my only qualm being the chopped off at the rear. I believe a beefy aftermarket bumper can fix this very easily.
vedapudi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 13:22   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

The Mahindra S101 and U301 have been spied near Nashik by the CarDekho team. According to the source, both cars look production-ready and are probably going through their final phase of testing.

Mahindra is reportedly preparing it's first-ever petrol engine, a 3-cylinder in-house 1.2L unit, to debut in the S101.

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-mahindra1.jpg

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-mahindra2.jpg

Quote:
In terms of design, the U301 looks upmarket compared to the Bolero but retains the classic boxy proportions. It also features Mahindra’s new grille similar to that on the XUV5OO and Scorpio with a honeycomb mesh. The test mule seems to ride on 15-inch radials on 5-spoke twin slat alloys.

The S101, on the other hand, ditches the cliched Mahindra face and features a sleeker grille along with rounded proportions. The spy shots also reveal that the S101 features a Beat-like rear door handle. And it appears that the vehicle is riding on 14-inch radials on steel rims.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 20:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Mahindra S101 and U301 have been spied near Nashik by the CarDekho team.......
Is this the extended wheelbase version? Or the angle of the image giving that impression
lal79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 12:20   #101
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am a big fan of the Bolero from my childhood days. I still remember traveling around 1200+ Kms in my Uncle's (Dad's Friend) Mahindra Armada for a trip to Odisha. Though it might sound funny but I enjoyed the Diesel jerk in the cabin whenever the engine was cranked.

Current situation: Whenever I say Bolero is a good vehicle and we can have one in our family, everyone agrees but only thing which they remind me is on the passenger comfort compared to a sedan. All my justification goes for a toss. I have great hopes for the upcoming U301 that it would be having a better interior and comfort level with the original sturdy characteristics of the Bolero. I know nothing satisfies a perspective buyer like me but it’s always worth a wish. Who knows may be the man behind Mahindra’s new Bolero may be reading this.

Team , Do we have any tentative Launch Dates/Month for the U301?
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 14:52   #102
BHPian

The official name of the U301 will be Mahindra Supro

Source: http://motoroctane.com/news/15353-ma...u301-exclusive
sachinayak is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 15:39   #103
BHPian

As per the article, the production starts in July and launch is near August/September. I think this is highly unlikely as few of my sources say that Quanto facelift will be launched in Aug/Sept time frame while U301 is somewhere due in December/January. Let’s see how this unfolds. Irrespectively, by looking at Supro, it will sell quite a lot (if AMT is launched initially as well).
Old 9th July 2015, 18:51   #104
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a camouflaged Mahindra Supro (U301) along with a S101 last sunday at Malshej Ghat.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-dsc_0971.jpg  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 12:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

If Bolero is 4.107 mts in length, it can be brought under 4 metres with some effort, yet regain the looks. As Mahindra have 1.5 l diesel engine, this version of Bolero can be slotted as compact UV.

But, why would Mahindra tinker with its best seller?

Mahindra seems to have lost it when it comes to christening their vehicles after Bolero and Scorpio. Its UV range carried names like Armada, Commander, Major, Marshal, Invader (Bolero ).

The slide started with XUV 500, followed by Quanto and now the reported Supro.

After Greek and Spanish words, perhaps it is about time they look within the land for inspiration.

Last edited by simplyself : 10th July 2015 at 12:38.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks