Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 18:07   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota preparing to launch Etios Cross Special Edition- Etios Cross Dynamique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsingh13 View Post
... It just looks ugly. For eg. The cladding on etios cross, the i20 active's weird wanna be big boy looks etc...
Trust me, the Etios Cross looks better than the regular Liva! The cladding take away the bland design and brings in some good design elements and makes the car look better. I personally am a BIG fan of the Etios Cross "looks" after seeing a couple of those in Bangalore, in person.

However, the interiors are still not up to the mark and spartan! If I have to pick one from the Etios line up, it'll be the Cross, eyes closed; followed by the TRD version.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:28   #77
BHPian

Re: Toyota preparing to launch Etios Cross Special Edition- Etios Cross Dynamique

Pity the changes are only cosmetic. Doubt it would generate any profits for Toyota. Its already the least selling hatchback in the market after the Verito Vibe.
Making it a crossover would hardly bump any sales. Adding plastic claddings and increasing the ground clearance will just make it uglier.
Instead they can focus more on revamping the currently sold Liva. A decent facelift, a competent engine and some aggressive marketing could do some wonders to this tiny Toyota.

P.S-Never understood why these hatchback crossovers are made in the first place. What purpose do they serve?
Old 11th February 2016, 09:47   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
However, the interiors are still not up to the mark and spartan! If I have to pick one from the Etios line up, it'll be the Cross, eyes closed; followed by the TRD version.
The TRD Sportivo was discontinued sometime last year. So for a 1.5L petrol Liva, the only option is the Cross.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 00:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_GT View Post
Pity the changes are only cosmetic. Doubt it would generate any profits for Toyota. Its already the least selling hatchback in the market after the Verito Vibe.
Making it a crossover would hardly bump any sales. Adding plastic claddings and increasing the ground clearance will just make it uglier.
Instead they can focus more on revamping the currently sold Liva. A decent facelift, a competent engine and some aggressive marketing could do some wonders to this tiny Toyota.

P.S-Never understood why these hatchback crossovers are made in the first place. What purpose do they serve?
Hmm. Why as an user should I ever be bothered about profit of the manufacturer? Or the sales? Shouldn't I be bothered about what we are getting? We are not the salesman here, we are the consumers, aren't we?

I use the tiny Toyota, the spartan Liva. The first generation, denounced by all. 3 and half years, 52K km. Runs like what it was when I bought it. Not even a single rattle in its body. The plastic dashboard, cheap, as they said, looks as it was when it was new. This is my first Toyota and slowly I've come to terms with this, why this brand sells the most in the world. Well, I had to give up my obsession with looks and plastics though!

Last edited by subratasenn : 12th February 2016 at 00:41.
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks