Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2015, 19:28   #271
BHPian

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Unlike the DUSTER AWD which has independent rear suspension, S-Cross AWD has torsion beam rear

If Suzuki thinks it doesnt matter to people, well it does to me atleast!

Last edited by aerohit : 28th April 2015 at 19:29.
Old 28th April 2015, 21:51   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is news on Suzuki's ACross Petrol variant. The export version gets the 1.6 DDIS, not yet clear on the Indian specs of diesel variant apart from the 1.3 DDIS

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-marutisuzukiacrossscrosssideviewwhitecolor.jpg

Quote:
Maruti's SX4 S-Cross will be launched with a 1.6-litre petrol engine, the same engine that powered the SX4 sedan too. The 1.6-litre engine has been revived and it gets even enhanced variable variable timing. This will have better power and fuel efficiency too.
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-cdsmea_veaeo2zx.jpg

http://motoroctane.com/news/12871-ma...-petrol-engine

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th April 2015 at 21:55.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 22:00   #273
Senior - BHPian

Wheels look puny and disproportionately small. Seems to be a vx version
Old 30th April 2015, 15:51   #274
Senior - BHPian

Glad to see that we will get the 1.6 multijet even if only in top-end trim. Even happier though, to see the M16a unit being revived. It represents Suzuki's true raw power delivery characteristics unlike the modern K series units. Strong reliable motor that
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 17:10   #275
BHPian

Now this out here looks too good to be true. I hope the 1.6 badge model is not a petrol version because that might have a power output similar to the phased out SX4. Plus a petrol engine means disappointing torque figures. If they launch this with the 1.3 DDiS, it'll turn out to be a big let down.

If it really does come out with the 1600CC diesel engine churning out 120 bhp or so with 300Nm+ torque figures - competitors better watch out then!! Buy the racedynamics box and you will have a highway cruncher beast!
Old 1st May 2015, 20:19   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti continues to import the 1.6 MJD for the Indian ACross. Data shows over 1000+ engines imported. Seems on track for a June/July launch. ( ~ 400 engines on 28th April)

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-20150501_201000.jpg

Source:Zauba
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 21:53   #277
BHPian

Nice share, I'll upload the rest starting from Dec'14 - April'15 which come to an exact 1500 units.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-zauba-1.png  

tjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 22:28   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Irony is that MSIL has got hold of this engine and used it much before the actual makers of the engine Fiat did. Either they are too lethargic about their stint in India, or they are content enough with the engine sales they are getting. Now its all left to MSIL to localise this engine and add them to their upper segments. Just like how the 1.3L MJD did wonders for a company which never had a good diesel stable, this engine will do wonders for the company since a powerful diesel engine was what lacking in the Maruti stable.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 22:46   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Irony is that MSIL has got hold of this engine and used it much before the actual makers of the engine Fiat did. Either they are too lethargic about their stint in India.....
Do not forget Fiat has got more than a cordial relation with Suzuki at the top management level. Looking at the bigger picture consolidation of manufacturers could happen in demanded segments. An Asian strategy between the two is possible.
Also the 1.5MJD engine ( under development)will be shared with Suzuki.

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st May 2015 at 23:03.
Old 2nd May 2015, 00:47   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Irony is that MSIL has got hold of this engine and used it much before the actual makers of the engine Fiat did. Either they are too lethargic about their stint in India, or they are content enough with the engine sales they are getting.
I'd say it is a mix of both. But, say they did get their hands on the 1.6. Where would they plonk it? They have the Punto, the Avventura and the Linea (only). Neither of them sell in decent numbers to warrant such huge investment. Maruti on the other hand has a plethora of products to fiddle around with. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad-hatter 1.6 diesel Swift hooning around Manesar.

Cars I wish the 1.6 makes way into: Ciaz, Swift, Ertiga and maybe the YRA (surprise us, Maruti!)

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:27   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do not forget Fiat has got more than a cordial relation with Suzuki at the top management level. Looking at the bigger picture consolidation of manufacturers could happen in demanded segments. An Asian strategy between the two is possible.
Also the 1.5MJD engine ( under development)will be shared with Suzuki.
I do agree that the management level relations are good. But ignoring ones own brand while helping another is disastrous right? Okay I am actually happy that I could buy the Across now because of the engine but speaking in view of Fiat in India, they could have got the engine on their linea and tried to better its performance. They can't make a top seller out of it, but I guess people who are turned off by the sluggishness can get a respite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I'd say it is a mix of both. But, say they did get their hands on the 1.6. Where would they plonk it? They have the Punto, the Avventura and the Linea (only). Neither of them sell in decent numbers to warrant such huge investment. Maruti on the other hand has a plethora of products to fiddle around with. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mad-hatter 1.6 diesel Swift hooning around Manesar.

Cars I wish the 1.6 makes way into: Ciaz, Swift, Ertiga and maybe the YRA (surprise us, Maruti!)

Cheers!
Cartman
They could either put it in the Linea and the Avventura contraption. The Linea classic can continue with the 1.3L engine.

Yes going by the numbers, it is like a write off case in India, but I don't think its difficult for Fiat to import its own engines. Moreover, it's not like even MSIL is sure of numbers going by the expected price tag. But they're willing to come out of the same old engines and offer something better, even if it's a risk.

I would definitely love to see a swift sport with the 1.6. Even the ertiga is a good candidate to get an engine upgrade. Fiat on the other hand should shut shop here.
Old 2nd May 2015, 12:46   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
But, say they did get their hands on the 1.6. Where would they plonk it? They have the Punto, the Avventura and the Linea (only).

Cheers!
Cartman
Quote:
I do agree that the management level relations are good. But ignoring ones own brand while helping another is disastrous right?
Fiat is cooking up its own big attempt at luring the market. I guess this time they are upping the desirability factor instead of going for numbers which I think is a good route for the brand to take. The Punto is being launched with a 135bhp T-Jet motor; now that's what I call a hot hatch and I hear that the Linea will soon be pulled from the market and Fiat will be entering the D1 segment with the Viaggio this will certainly employ bigger engines. So no need to worry about Fiat's plans folks
Old 2nd May 2015, 22:23   #283
BHPian

Is the 1.6 litre M-series petrol engine manufactured in India? If it is an import, any data on being import volumes of that? It would be a shame if MSIL goes with the 1.4L K-series on this one as well.
Old 2nd May 2015, 23:15   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Is the 1.6 litre M-series petrol engine manufactured in India? If it is an import, any data on being import volumes of that? It would be a shame if MSIL goes with the 1.4L K-series on this one as well.
It has been used to power the petrol SX4 so far.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 23:16   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
It was always produced here, but with varying amounts of localization. Initial batches of SX4 had a lot of imported engine components, which slowly started getting localised. I guess at the end of its life cycle, it was completely localised(Source - Service manual and parts catalogue). I guess if at all the M16 is returning to life, then it will be completely localised. I guess the MJD will follow suit, which indirectly means that the price premium for the 1.6L MJD engine wont be too much. They can bear some losses initially and localise gradually.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd May 2015 at 23:19.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks