Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 21:16   #106
BHPian

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I can't see a touch screen AVN either. Could this in fact be a lower variant with alloys?
It indeed looks like a lower variant of the car and imo they look more like wheel covers than alloys and it seems unlikely that they will launch the S-cross without the features which it is giving in other cars.

When is the expected launch date.
Old 5th November 2014, 22:07   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
imo they look more like wheel covers than alloys
Check the wheel nuts. If it was a wheel cover, we wouldn't have seen them.

Also, the car is missing rear wiper as well. Clearly, they've just fitted the top spec alloy into a lower variant to confuse others.
Old 5th November 2014, 23:52   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Check the wheel nuts. If it was a wheel cover, we wouldn't have seen them.

Also, the car is missing rear wiper as well. Clearly, they've just fitted the top spec alloy into a lower variant to confuse others.
Look at the pic given below, all of the wheel covers given have protruding nuts. Just the visible presence of wheel nuts does not signify that the wheel has to be alloy. But then that is my opinion and you have every right to differ.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-wheel-covers.jpg  

Old 6th November 2014, 08:41   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Look at the pic given below, all of the wheel covers given have protruding nuts. Just the visible presence of wheel nuts does not signify that the wheel has to be alloy. But then that is my opinion and you have every right to differ.
I'm speaking about the pattern in Maruti OEM wheel covers in all present models, not other OEMs or aftermarket ones.

I know that Hyundai Accent or other vehicles might have wheel covers with visible wheel nuts.
Old 6th November 2014, 13:28   #110
BHPian

Looks like wheel covers to me. Maruti may have gone out of their way to give wheel covers like the Hyundais or the Hondas.

Hope they give the same alloys as in this australian version:

Source: http://www.suzuki.com.au/s-cross/
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-untitled.jpg  

saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 13:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryshah1991 View Post
Maruti was able to tune the Multijet engines better than Fiat. Now they are partnering Peugeot.
Maruti are really good at developing engines and now they should their own, it may be quite helpful. they could use across the whole Maruti stable.
It's not that Fiat has tuned the multijet worse than Maruti, it's just a different level of tuning. Maruti's multijet is better below 80 and Fiat's multijet is better above 90. Also Fiat has a heavier chassis than Maruti so below 80 performance will dip further. This is what I feel from on road experience.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 13:50   #112
Team-BHP Support

^You certainly didn't post that image to highlight the alloys yeah?

Btw those are indeed alloys. Here's another image from Carnewschina.com which shows the same rims as that spotted on the scoop shot on Aditya's post:

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukiscrosschinal2.jpg

The brake calipers can be clearly seen through the front wheel.

Btw if MSIL is going by the global S-Cross, it will be a 16" alloy. No steel rims + caps = Suzuki Global - S Cross 360 ' viewer
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 16:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

I am expecting prices of SX4 cross will start from 7.99 L -8.49 L ex showroom Delhi. Seeing at the car, i guess its a fair pricing even if it has larger engine. Maruti has priced Ciaz at 6.99 for base variant. SX4 Cross will have more or less same features which Ciaz has. So they will charge around 1 Lac premium for the larger engine. That will be fair pricing.

If Maruti price it higher, it will not work in the market for sure. This car don't have anything special in it to attract customers. Lets hope that Maruti will price it aggressively
Old 6th November 2014, 17:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

MUL has to position S-Cross as a premium Crossover and hence can't price it lower. In my view S-Cross will come with all bells and whistles (2-6 airbags, ABS-EBD, ESC, Keyless start, Panoramic Sunroof etc.) and the pricing will be from 8.99 to 13.99 L(or even 14.99 for a 4WD).
Old 6th November 2014, 17:33   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If Maruti price it higher, it will not work in the market for sure. This car don't have anything special in it to attract customers. Lets hope that Maruti will price it aggressively
In Europe, the car is priced almost on par with the Skoda Yeti, and have garnered good reviews. Even the base variant comes with 6 airbags, ABS+EBD, ESP, TPMS, Hill-hold etc. Compared to the likes of the Ciaz, the S-Cross is indeed a special car IMO. I hope they don't dilute the Indian version too much for sake of aggressive pricing.
Old 6th November 2014, 18:02   #116
BHPian

From the dashboard pics, it appears that the dashboard top comes with a shiny material and that is going to create lot of unwanted reflection
Old 7th November 2014, 10:34   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In Europe, the car is priced almost on par with the Skoda Yeti, and have garnered good reviews. Even the base variant comes with 6 airbags, ABS+EBD, ESP, TPMS, Hill-hold etc. Compared to the likes of the Ciaz, the S-Cross is indeed a special car IMO. I hope they don't dilute the Indian version too much for sake of aggressive pricing.
I don't think Maruti will put all such things in India in base model. Expect base variant to be priced attractively to gain market share, rightly so. If they price it north to 10 Lacs, then they will be in trouble for sure. Indian versions are always different than Europeans, mind that. Its not only Maruti but its same for all manufacturers. I am not saying i agree to that but its a fact & we have to accept it
Old 7th November 2014, 10:38   #118
BANNED

I hope they give us automatic transmission + paddle shifters.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:04   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I don't think Maruti will put all such things in India in base model. Expect base variant to be priced attractively to gain market share, rightly so. If they price it north to 10 Lacs, then they will be in trouble for sure. Indian versions are always different than Europeans, mind that. Its not only Maruti but its same for all manufacturers. I am not saying i agree to that but its a fact & we have to accept it
Well, they are the one who has the luxury (and capability) to bring a change in the Indian car scene, without worrying too much about market share. I am not saying that the car should be identical as what is being offered in Europe. But at least they can try to raised the bar while setting the minimum standards for India. I hope the current Swift/GO saga give them some food for thought.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:27   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
I hope they give us automatic transmission + paddle shifters.
Don't get the hopes too high. I'm just hoping they won't go the AMT route for this one. Paddle shifter is a space-age technology to Maruti

We can realistically expect the 4-speed AT from Ciaz.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks