Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 13:06   #841
BHPian

Re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

I ll take the fully loaded 1.3 any day (barring I have bad experience at the TD) over the Ecosport or even a Duster / Terrano. Duster and Terrano have poor ergonomics and Ecosport do not have the space required in a 10L+ car for me and my family. In gear timings of the 1.3 90 bhp are impressive (TDed the Ciaz) and it will work for me as a ecosport alternative. They ve given 13.3 s 0-100 timings.

Looks are subjective, to me the Ecosport looks like a 1990s sports shoe or a steam iron-box. And the s cross looks like a python on antidepressants.

PS - I got a call from the ford dealer. They are giving 30k service / mainatence free for 2 yrs if i book d ecosport before the launch of creta / scross. The guys at ford (one man (ecosport) army)sure are a bit worried.
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 13:17   #842
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
According to the list given in pg38, it seems to be an HID projector.
More on washers

The above link helps understand the need for it. Maybe S-Cross uses the Xenons that don't need one or Maruti just didn't give it because the regulations didn't say so
Thanks for the link SchumiFan. Learnt a new thing today!

All this while, I was under the impression that any xenon projectors would need washers. Doesn’t look like it going by the explanation given in the link. As for the Indian S Cross lacking these washers, I suppose our ancient CMVR rules don’t mandate these and Maruti rightfully removed them.
Old 8th July 2015, 14:56   #843
BHPian

Maruti opens S Cross bookings. Detailed press release attached.

Press Release
Maruti Suzuki opens booking for its premium crossover S-CROSS
New Delhi, July 08, 2015: Car market leader Maruti Suzuki announced that it has started accepting prelaunch
bookings for S-CROSS, India’s first premium crossover.
S-CROSS combines the power and performance of an SUV with the comfort and premiumness of a
sedan. Two engine options are available: DDiS 200 and DDiS 320. It is built on a brand new platform
and engine and comes packed with features including cruise control, rain-sensing auto wiper, all wheel
disc brakes, auto dimming IRVM, HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlamps with auto light-on function
and Smartplay infotainment system with reverse parking camera.
S-CROSS, expected to be launched in early August, will be sold and delivered at the network of NEXA
showrooms. NEXA is the new premium automotive experience by Maruti Suzuki and 30 NEXA
showrooms will begin operations in the next few weeks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AA3BF4FB_D9C4_435A_9C24_FCABFA4B5DF1_142937.pdf (38.4 KB, 514 views)
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 15:09   #844
BHPian

Update on the Nexa outlet in Pune.

The Nexa outlet operated by MyCar will be opening in Wakdewadi, Shivajinagar.

Just spoke to a Nexa Executive, he also informed on some attractive exchange benefits on my Ritz.

Car launch last week of July, will be available for display post launch in Pune. I am doing a round of Wakdewadi today, people commuting from Wakdewadi, can someone please look out for the outlet and share the exact location.

The clock is ticking!

Re-posting my query, with the lower localization content (67% for the 320 DDiS), would it be relatively expensive to maintain?

Last edited by Ritzvxi : 8th July 2015 at 15:12.
Ritzvxi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 16:26   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
In gear timings of the 1.3 90 bhp are impressive (TDed the Ciaz) and it will work for me as a ecosport alternative. They ve given 13.3 s 0-100 timings.
Looks are subjective, to me the Ecosport looks like a 1990s sports shoe or a steam iron-box. And the s cross looks like a python on antidepressants.
PS - I got a call from the ford dealer. They are giving 30k service / mainatence free for 2 yrs if i book d ecosport before the launch of creta / scross. The guys at ford (one man (ecosport) army)sure are a bit worried.
Considering that 95% of my usage amounts to sedate city driving, I'm banking on the 1.3s iDTECish low RPM performance. Lets see what the TBHP review uncovers.
ROFL for the looks comment. Although I like the Ecosport, the sports shoe/steam box looks are definitely easy to relate to
I also learnt from a local Ford dealer that they are offering 20k worth accessories with the Ecosport, but did not mention of any timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Just spoke to a Nexa Executive, he also informed on some attractive exchange benefits on my Ritz.
Now this is NEWS! Not just because I'm planning to barter my decade old, super-solid Esteem VXi, but because this signals MSIL going on the defensive already. I hope they don't play tyrant with the pricing.
Old 8th July 2015, 18:15   #846
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or does the car have very strong resemblance to Etios Cross??
Old 8th July 2015, 20:41   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
It does resemble, but etios has that cheap overdone-crossover kind of look. The claddings on the etios cross are overdone and too plasticky. Scross looks like an iphone with one of those large otter bumper cases.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 23:41   #848
Senior - BHPian

Called the Nexa toll free number and had a long wait. Operator finally came on just as I was about to disconnect, parroted the same lines, reconfirmed my details and said someone would call me back to take my booking. Many hours have elapsed and no call yet. No red colour also. Very disappointed. Think I have to look elsewhere.
Old 8th July 2015, 23:47   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
It does resemble, but etios has that cheap overdone-crossover kind of look. The claddings on the etios cross are overdone and too plasticky. Scross looks like an iphone with one of those large otter bumper cases.
Well! the Etios Cross does looks glaringly plasticky and is at best a wannabe X-over.

IMO, the S-Cross bares a close resemblance to VW Golf.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:52   #850
BHPian

BOOKED the S Cross 1.6 Alpha Silver
Will change it to 1.3 Alpha if its priced very high.

Sai Service is the Nexa dealer in Kochi. They came promptly to the place I work and took the booking. Told him that I will cancel the booking if Creta is well priced and is appealing to me. They are ready to deliver the 1.3 by mid August and 1.6 by last week of August.

According to him the top end 1.6 might go upto 14+ Lacs OTR as per internal sources and the sales reps/ service personnel in a training now at Maruti facility have been informed that the 1.6 full options is squarely aimed at Duster AWD and XUV customers.

Fingers crossed till the pricing arrives.
Seems like I ll have to settle for the 1.3 Alpha

Last edited by sandygordon : 9th July 2015 at 13:02. Reason: spell
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 14:10   #851
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

When comparing the engine options that will be available on the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Vs the Hyundai Creta, I think the Creta has the edge since it offers both Petrol and Diesel variants whereas S-Cross is only launching with Diesel variants.
Spoke to one of the local Maruti sales executives and he seems confident that the S-Cross will take on the Duster
Old 9th July 2015, 14:16   #852
BHPian

Today I got call from Nexa Executive in Dwarka,Sector 9. Few things: They are claiming to be first Nexa Showroom in India, S Cross will be in display from 12th July and according to them, the price of Alpha 1.6 will be around 13.5.
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 14:36   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross seems to be heading for display at strategic malls this week end?

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-dsc_1037e.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-dsc_1038e.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-dsc_1040e.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-dsc_1041e.jpg
The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-dsc_1039e.jpg

Source:Automotive India
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 14:49   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross seems to be heading for display at strategic malls this week end?
For a brand new vehicle, which is rarely seen outside of select circles, no one, not one person, is turning around to look at the car in those pics. Story of S-Cross, and the reason it will lick Creta's heels for rest of its production cycle (which i expect to be as much as Ritz's).
Old 9th July 2015, 14:54   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
For a brand new vehicle, which is rarely seen outside of select circles, no one, not one person, is turning around to look at the car in those pics.
May or may not be, but in the pic I hardly see anyone and you can't expect guys while driving to turn around at check it.
In all its reviews it was also stated that the S Cross is no looker, but it has other points which could tick for prospective customers.
I guess the market is more matured now and you cannot sell a car on looks alone.

The success of S Cross now purely rests on its pricing strategy!

S Cross is not the end of Maruti's CUV/SUV strategy, coming up shortly will be the Vitara Brezza, between the S Cross and Vitara their Compact segment strategy will work.

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th July 2015 at 15:03.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks