Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:54   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

The derriere looks similar to Hyundai creta. The front end seems to be borrowed from ertiga. Looks dull compared the the creta.
Old 23rd June 2015, 19:30   #527
Team-BHP Support

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Exclusive images of the Indian-specced Suzuki S-Cross, courtesy Motor Trend:
Its actually a decent looking car, but that ugly chrome grille really managed to spoil the looks. I hope they don't come up with some tacky faux wood finish inside in the name of premium feel.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:50   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have a feeling this could be the 1.3L MJD variant. Maybe to differentiate this model against the bigger 1.6L MJD variant, MSIL must have skipped out on DRL's and Projectors amongst other features even in the top spec Z+ trim.
Looks like it reads ZXi - which is the petrol variant. Is S-Cross expecting 2 engines for the petrol version also?? May be there is a ZXi (O) version with the projectors - I am just guessing wildly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
What's the black little dot on the boot lid?
Probably the request sensor to open the boot?
Old 23rd June 2015, 21:08   #529
Senior - BHPian

Somehow resembles the erstwhile Chevrolet forester in size and profile, although that was in a different segment altogether.

1.6MJD, but is Maruti going to give this car the build quality that such an engine deserves? Let's face it, with power you need better build quality a la VW/ Skoda to really enjoy the car to the fullest. Light weight quality materials with a super powerful engine means a very unsettling ride at high speeds.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd June 2015 at 21:52. Reason: Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 21:33   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
1.6MJD, but is Maruti going to give this car the build quality that such an engine deserves? Let's face it, with power you need better build quality a la VW/ Skoda to really enjoy the car to the fullest. Light weight quality materials with a super powerful engine means a very unsettling ride at high speeds.
How settled is a VW/Skoda at high speeds?
Better build quality I agree, but I am not sure if there is any car that you can have a settled ride in India at those speeds, be it a German car or any other. Or maybe I havent experienced those speeds, which I will never in our country.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd June 2015 at 21:52. Reason: Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 22:46   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Why don't you try first instead of asking in doubt? Far more settled than any locally made maruti car.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 22:50   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Why don't you try first instead of asking in doubt? Far more settled than any locally made maruti car.
I have tried, just that there was some edit by the mods which removed the kind of speeds posted by motorworks. I havent taken a car to that speeds, forget being German or Local. If you have overlooked that then of course, you cannot understand the context of my post. High speeds referred to something else here which is deleted.

Last edited by audioholic : 23rd June 2015 at 23:02.
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:07   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried, just that there was some edit by the mods which removed the kind of speeds posted by motorworks. I havent taken a car to that speeds, forget being German or Local. If you have overlooked that then of course, you cannot understand the context of my post. High speeds referred to something else here which is deleted.
We'll, I haven't overlooked anything that isn't available to read (due to moderation or xyz). But since you mentioned that you haven't taken the car to that/those unmentionable speeds, local or German or any other, then you obviously don't know how settled a ride in them at those speeds are.

I've done it (I can't mention those speeds here as well), on my humble 1.4 Fabia. Nothing in a similar price bracket (heck, let me say even a segment above, from most other manufacturers) even comes close.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th June 2015 at 08:36. Reason: u > you.
Old 24th June 2015, 07:25   #534
Senior - BHPian

I like what I see except for those garish chrome bits on the grille and fog lamps.

Explosive Diesel engine, Fun to drive, black interiors, rough road ability, space, easy ingress/egress and fuss free ownership. I think S-Cross can do for crossovers what Swift did for premium hatchbacks.

Explode the segment and being the leader i.e.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 08:48   #535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Explosive Diesel engine, Fun to drive, black interiors, rough road ability, space, easy ingress/egress and fuss free ownership. I think S-Cross can do for crossovers what Swift did for premium hatchbacks.
Capabilities are there, but I am a bit doubtful about doing a Swift in the hatchback segment. For many buyers that SUV look maybe important, and that's really missing on this car. It's really an iteration/next generation model of the SX4 in a hatchback/crossover form. If it's not watered down much from the international variant, I would prefer this (with a grille update) over the Ecosport or Creta.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 10:51   #536
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This crossover with awd, lowered stance and few cosmetic upgrades like 3 slat grille will make it a hot fast super hatch.
That's my idea of s-cross.
An awd(quattro) super hatch. Wow.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:16   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Better build quality I agree, but I am not sure if there is any car that you can have a settled ride in India at those speeds, be it a German car or any other. Or maybe I havent experienced those speeds, which I will never in our country.
Well the Fiat Punto of course ! You can try it for sure to experience those speeds with rock solid stability and ride.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 17:30   #538
Senior - BHPian

Amazing how passionate we're about cars. 36 pages prior to launch, and some of the posts are getting into a debate on how stable the car might be at unmentionable speeds. Ha ha ha, guys, chill, let the car come, I'm sure there'll be plenty of speed junkies who will tell us what unimaginable speeds they attained or failed to attain.

Really do not see any point in debating those aspects at this point in time.

I for one, like the comparatively plain jane looks. Hope Maruti Suzuki does not compromise on safety features this time round. They should at the very least have them as optional in case the customer is willing to pay for them. I will be very cross with the S cross if it fails in the safety front.

Registered on the S Cross page, but yet to receive any updates from Maruti. Also did go to my regular Maruti dealer, Sai Service, and tried booking a car. They turned me away saying that bookings have not yet commenced. They do not yet have any information on pricing etc. although they did mention that it will be sold via the Nexa dealership, one of which will be opened by them too. So waiting impatiently....
Lalvaz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 20:40   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The derriere looks similar to Hyundai creta. The front end seems to be borrowed from ertiga. Looks dull compared the the creta.
Most of the Marutis look dull compared to their counterpart from Hyundai but they drive better.
Old 25th June 2015, 07:57   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Capabilities are there, but I am a bit doubtful about doing a Swift in the hatchback segment. For many buyers that SUV look maybe important, and that's really missing on this car. It's really an iteration/next generation model of the SX4 in a hatchback/crossover form.
Yes, true that no one will mistake the S-Cross for a SUV, its got crossover written all over it. The interesting thing though is not many liked the way Swift looked when it debuted in our country in 2005.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks