Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 08:59   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)

So finally here is what we can expect.

1.3DDIS - all variants
1.6 MJD- Top variant

Petrol
1.4K series as in Ciaz 0r 1.6petrol(M16A) - all variants

But in most likely we will get the 1.4K as this engine will be turbo charged ( boosterjet engine - 135 hp?) and releasing in China in Q3 this year and later planned for India in 2016.

Edit - source

Last edited by n_aditya : 29th June 2015 at 09:40. Reason: source added
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 10:41   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
1.3DDIS - all variants
1.6 MJD- Top variant

Petrol
1.4K series as in Ciaz 0r 1.6petrol(M16A) - all variants
Hey volkman10, is this information from reliable sources? I'm guessing that the price difference between the top end diesels would be in the order of 1-1.25 lakhs, a premium MS can comfortably levy for a considerable difference in driving pleasure.
Old 25th June 2015, 11:41   #543
BHPian

Quote:

1.3DDIS - all variants
1.6 MJD- Top variant
Would you happen to know the tentative pricing of these? Ciaz ZDi is around 10.25 in Mumbai. So going by the fact that 1.6 should command some premium because of higher engine input cost, is 11.2 a safe figure? Or your sources indicate that it can be even higher ?
Old 25th June 2015, 12:33   #544
BHPian

Actually I am eagerly considering this one along with Creta and Jazz to replace my swift. Anyone has any clue on its AMT version?
Old 25th June 2015, 14:12   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjo View Post
Actually I am eagerly considering this one along with Creta and Jazz to replace my swift. Anyone has any clue on its AMT version?
I doubt Maruti will equip a premium offering like the S-Cross with an AMT! Since they do not have a DSG, my guess is it will be a CVT, since all their slush-boxes are 4-speed!
Old 25th June 2015, 17:52   #546
BHPian

Hi guys

Have received news from my source at Maruti that the S-cross would be sold only through the NEXA dealerships. Currently only two dealers have been given NEXA dealerships in Ahmedabad. The sales reps at the current dealerships haven't been given or called for training for the S-Cross. No news on whether the ciaz would also be shifted to NEXA but the source was sure that the S-cross won't make it to the existing Maruti suzuki dealerships. He also said that current dealerships are not accepting bookings for the S-cross due to this reason. Also NEXA will not be merged with the existing showroom as someone had suggested on this thread instead it will be an all new showroom.

The dealerships that have been given NEXA's are one of the oldest MSIL dealerships in Ahmedabad.

Last edited by rockporiom : 25th June 2015 at 17:53.
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 02:24   #547
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

This whole Nexa dealership thing sounds alright but I really hope they don't selectively train service personnel as well. Would be really annoying if service centers found the S-Cross tough to diagnose and service
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 11:33   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

The Suzuki S-Cross has gone through the ASEAN NCAP crash test, and has returned with a 5-star rating in AOP (Adult Occupation Protection) and a 4-star rating in COP (Child Occupant Protection).

It should be noted that the car that was crash tested was made at Suzuki’s Hungarian plant, and was equipped with 7 airbags, ABS and ESC as standard.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-suzukiscrossaseanncapcrashtest1024x576.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2015 at 10:25. Reason: Edited as requested.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 13:09   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Suzuki S-Cross has gone through the ASEAN NCAP crash test, and has returned with a 5-star rating in AOP (Adult Occupation Protection) and a 4-star rating in COP (Child Occupant Protection).

It should be noted that the car that was crash tested was made at Suzuki’s Hungarian plant, and was equipped with dual front airbags, ABS and ESC as standard.
Thanks for sharing it with us RavenAvi. Just to point out, the S-Cross that was tested had 7 airbags (Refer the screen-grab below). I'm sure Maruti-Suzuki isn't considering equipping even the flagship variant of the Indian S-Cross with 7 airbags.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-2015-suzuki-scross-asean-ncap-test.jpg
arvi86 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 17:32   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It should be noted that the car that was crash tested was made at Suzuki’s Hungarian plant, and was equipped with dual front airbags, ABS and ESC as standard.
IMHO its the crash test performance of the Indian built cars which should matter to us.

I am still not confident enough on Maruti's safety parameters after seeing terrible crash test failures of few of their cars built in India and then knowing views of Maruti chief Mr. Bhargava on the safety aspects.

Major concerns is crash worthiness of the car's structure.
Number of Airbags, presence of ABS, ESC or any other SRS features are secondary thing.

Maruti is said to be known for transparency, where is the transparency? Maruti is the largest car seller here but we don't know anything about crash worthiness of most of their cars. Afterall this is question-mark on safety of 50% car buyers in India. Even crash worthiness of Indian Ciaz is still an unknown territory which is supposed be a premium Maruti car along with the S-Cross.

Hope this time they get serious and do not compromise on safety aspects of the cars. Hope the above crash test result applies on the Indian S-Cross also.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 26th June 2015 at 17:34.
tbppjpr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 18:34   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
IMHO its the crash test performance of the Indian built cars which should matter to us.

I am still not confident enough on Maruti's safety parameters after seeing terrible crash test failures of few of their cars built in India and then knowing views of Maruti chief Mr. Bhargava on the safety aspects.

Major concerns is crash worthiness of the car's structure.
Number of Airbags, presence of ABS, ESC or any other SRS features are secondary thing.

Maruti is said to be known for transparency, where is the transparency? Maruti is the largest car seller here but we don't know anything about crash worthiness of most of their cars. Afterall this is question-mark on safety of 50% car buyers in India. Even crash worthiness of Indian Ciaz is still an unknown territory which is supposed be a premium Maruti car along with the S-Cross.

Hope this time they get serious and do not compromise on safety aspects of the cars. Hope the above crash test result applies on the Indian S-Cross also.
Exactly, why would they test a Hungarian manufactured car as a part of the ASEAN NCAP crash test? Let Maruti Suzuki test the locally manufactured cars and publish the test report on its website. I really do not care about the 5 star rating to a foreign car, when I know that the Indian manufactured variant would not have the same build quality, and safety features.

Come on Maruti Suzuki, If you really want to tap the premium segment with Nexa, make safe cars. Do not compromise on the safety features for your premium segment.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 18:49   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

More details on the ASEAN NCAP test of S Cross,

The crash test are using a Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 liter CVT Malaysia spec who are assembled in Hungary, and make it as the first Europe assembled car who runs the ASEAN NCAP.

The Maruti S-Cross. (Details released: Page 38)-capture.jpg

The S-Cross also went through the side impact test with UN R95 standard, and the result it passed the side impact test. With ESC fitted, and ISOFIX Top tether, it helps Suzuki S-Cross to get a good AOP and COP scores.

At the second place behind the Suzuki S-Cross, are Honda CR-V with AOP score of 15.46.

http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-s-cros...-result/16495/

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th June 2015 at 18:50.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 10:11   #553
BHPian

Quote:
More details on the ASEAN NCAP test of S Cross,

The crash test are using a Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 liter CVT Malaysia spec who are assembled in Hungary, and make it as the first Europe assembled car who runs the ASEAN NCAP.
Hello, putting the test results of a Hungary assembled car might be misleading. We really want to know the results of Indian assembled S-Cross please. We knew what was the result of the Indian assembled Swift. It got a zero rating. I kindly request that if you do have the inside information on Indian assembled S-Cross then please do share the same. I just hope that Suzuki have not compromised on the structural integrity of the S-Cross. I am not so hopeful though!
Old 27th June 2015, 11:50   #554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Hello, putting the test results of a Hungary assembled car might be misleading.
I agree! It's relevant for ASEAN or Malaysia, as the car is indeed sourced from Hungary. The Indian S-Cross could be very different from the Euro-spec model.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th June 2015 at 08:13. Reason: Typo corrected
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:33   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What is he source of this info?

Quote:
For starters, it will get two diesel engine options - the 1.3-litre Multijet diesel with 90 bhp and a fully imported 120 bhp, 1.6-litre Multijet engine. This is, again, not the 1.6-litre Peugeot engine as was reported elsewhere. Suzuki Powertrain India currently doesn't have the means to manufacture the latter and Maruti will import the engine until such time that volumes and demand make local manufacture imperative. A 1.4-litre, 94 bhp petrol motor from the Ciaz/Ertiga may also find its way into the S-Cross.
Quote:
It's not known at this point whether Maruti will offer both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive variants, but it'll be safe to assume that it might.
http://www.motoringworld.net/cars/ne...dy-july-launch

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th June 2015 at 22:35.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks