Old 15th June 2015, 12:12   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/06/car...facelift-2016/

Storme AT with 6 speed gearbox coming.
The wait for christmas begins.
Saw a Storme AT and an ARIA AT being tested near Delphi premises, Sriperumbudur, Chennai. Testers were extremely reluctant to talk. Virtually pleaded with me not to take any pictures, hence respecting them, i did not click. Anyways outside, the test mules were identical to the stock, present day vehicles. Interiors only had the AT shifter & lever console. No "flappy paddles" . Seems final calibration tests for AT is on, viz; shift points, kick-down's et al. Also emissions fine tuning. Since the vehicles were with Delphi, it seems a given that they would be the vendors for the fuel injection equipment.
arjab is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 15:07   #932
BHPian

Just off the phone! The TD vehicle is available in Pandit Auto, Law College road in Pune. The SA guy says the TD vehicle "was" the display vehicle. And the TD is limited to 2-3 km only. Bummer! Yet I am going to TD it this week sometime!

Last edited by xistinchaos : 15th June 2015 at 15:25. Reason: typo
xistinchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 17:46   #933
Senior - BHPian

Pandit Auto Law college road gave me an Urban Bronze coloured vehicle for test drive, last sunday 7th June itself. but it was a very short drive only upto the circle where SB Road meets Law College road. A week before that they showed me the first vehicle being delivered , but no TD, not even starting the engine as it was a customers vehicle.

Rahul
Old 16th June 2015, 16:34   #934
BHPian

Went to check out GenX Nano, and came across the new Storme. The interior build quality (all-black) looked good and well put up than before. It certainly made a feel-good impression right away. I think the updated Strome needed a touch-screen infotainment system with navigation, the way we see in Mercedes nowadays. It doesn't need to be a pop-out one though. The simplistic dash looked good, but need a bit more flair. In my opinion, the car looks best in flesh and pictures don't do justice at all.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:45   #935
BHPian

Update or No Update, How do you fix the showroom guys?
My Colleague was looking to buy a car for his brother, he went to Concorde Pune, Saw the Storme, the old version and liked it. Now the sales guy explained the features of VX but quoted the price of EX.
He liked the deal and thought of getting 1 for himself as well.
Well, he goes to Concorde with the cheque Book to book 2 Stormes and is told that the Sales guy is new and has given all incorrect information.
God help TATA
Old 18th June 2015, 12:49   #936
BHPian

I got a call from Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore. The rep was saying Tata is going to give TD vehicles only after a month or so. Hence he was checking if can go ahead with purchase without TD.
When i said about having TD vehicles in other States/Cities, he said at-least for Bangalore there is no TD vehicle Tata is going to give.

If anyone know on any centers where they are giving TD vehicles in Bangalore do update.
Old 18th June 2015, 13:16   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
The suspension is by far the best in the business beating even the Toyota Fortuner, hands down.
Err...the Fortuner is no yardstick for suspension. It is a pogo-stick and has been worse than that of the Safari forever, therefore this isn't a revelation on the Storme. Must've be smoking something more than leaves, jay.
Steeroid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 17:39   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Err...the Fortuner is no yardstick for suspension. It is a pogo-stick and has been worse than that of the Safari forever, therefore this isn't a revelation on the Storme. Must've be smoking something more than leaves, jay.
My suspension comment for the Fortuner meant that inspite of being a 30+ lakh vehicle the suspension is very crappy. It surely isnt a yardstick for comfort.
Old 18th June 2015, 22:53   #939
BHPian

Mod Note: Our 2015 Safari Storme Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Saw a Storme AT and an ARIA AT being tested near Delphi premises, Sriperumbudur, Chennai. Testers were extremely reluctant to talk. Virtually pleaded with me not to take any pictures, hence respecting them, i did not click. Anyways outside, the test mules were identical to the stock, present day vehicles. Interiors only had the AT shifter & lever console. No "flappy paddles" . Seems final calibration tests for AT is on, viz; shift points, kick-down's et al. Also emissions fine tuning. Since the vehicles were with Delphi, it seems a given that they would be the vendors for the fuel injection equipment.
Any idea on a release date for those?

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2015 at 18:14. Reason: Linking to 2015 update :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks