Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 12:33   #856
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Congrats Family Guy! I just booked my Storme on Saturday. And the same Astern Black as yours! So I am drooling at your pics just that extra bit. Wish you miles and miles of safe and enjoyable driving!
KrishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:43   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I am forgetting the name but some veteran bhpian had done the same DIY work (black lettering) when it was launched and it was looking fantastic. It goes amazingly well with both silver and black storme. On a side note, I wish they would have come up with a jet black colour tone like what they had in dicor.
That was Lukeskywalker, and his DIY can be seen here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3536823

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:54   #858
BHPian

So Who wants the new Flip Key of the Storme? :-) Somehow I have been able to track the key with Minda Dealers outside of Tata and is quoting Rs 2500. The lead is authentic since I called Minda to buy it from them and they seems to deal with only their Wholesale Stockists and routed the call to this Hyderabad Dealer. Looks like I am going to order one :-)
Attaching pic of the key I had clicker earlier
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_5742.jpg  

Old 8th June 2015, 13:08   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
OK, so I managed to get my Storme home yesterday! Familyguy
Congratulations. Hope you are the first one to buy the face-lifted Storme in this forum. All the very best. Keep us posted with more pictures of the interior. Enjoy your drives and drive safe.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:13   #860
BHPian

Posted a short write up summing up my impressions from my ~2weeks of ownership on this other thread.

Sharing here as I think the readership on the subject of the Storme refresh is currently split in two -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3725615
xbox360 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:18   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rajismine : Somehow I have been able to track the key with Minda Dealers outside of Tata and is quoting Rs 2500.
is it 2.5k from your source ? How much is it at TASS ?
Old 8th June 2015, 16:00   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
That was Lukeskywalker, and his DIY can be seen here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3536823

Cheers,
Vikram
Oh my bad, he did a silver lettering on a black strip . but both ways, its looking much better than the silver on silver version on earlier storme

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 8th June 2015 at 16:02.
Old 8th June 2015, 17:06   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
is it 2.5k from your source ? How much is it at TASS ?
No Clue.They don't have it yet, but should be similar when source is same
Old 9th June 2015, 12:16   #864
BHPian

Hello Guys, I'm in a big dilemma these days. The Safari is one of my dream cars and wanting to own one right from the day it was launched. For various reasons I could not buy one. But now the urge to buy one is so much that I cant resist anymore.

Financially I can afford one with the invention of EMI's, but the question, is should I buy a second car. I love my Civic and am not interested to part with it.

In spite of Civic being a great car, I cannot take it on long drives as im bound to encounter bad stretches. Last time when we travelled to Munnar, it really struggled on bad roads. But it is a pleasure to drive on butter smooth surfaces. And also my family has outgrown the boot space on offer as our trips got longer and with the addition of a cute little princess sometime back.

My heart says go for it, my mind says yes half the time and is blank the rest. what should I do? Have anybody faced such situation? If then what would you do?

If I go for it, with a bit of stretch I can afford a EX and by stretching further I can go for the 4x4. Im not into off roading, but for the vehicle of its size and weight I feel you need LSD to come out of the inexistent slush covered village roads. Is it really needed or can it be managed with a regular 4x2.

Need suggestion on this front as well.
Old 9th June 2015, 14:26   #865
BHPian

Familyguy and xbox360 - Congratulations on your aquisitions. Looking forward to picts and detailed reviews. And then, of course, the TBHP official review!

I am looking to book my beast in the coming month and your initial reports will help me a lot!
Old 9th June 2015, 15:05   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
Familyguy and xbox360

I am looking to book my beast in the coming month and your initial reports will help me a lot!
Am unable to PM you. My review as posted earlier in this thread is shared here --
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3725615
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 16:08   #867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post

If I go for it, with a bit of stretch I can afford a EX and by stretching further I can go for the 4x4. Im not into off roading, but for the vehicle of its size and weight I feel you need LSD to come out of the inexistent slush covered village roads. Is it really needed or can it be managed with a regular 4x2.

Need suggestion on this front as well.
Go ahead and but the 4X4 if you can. Like you, I don't have any plans to off-road, but got a 4WD for peace of mind and while driving to various destinations, over uncertain roads & traffic conditions, a 4X4 will come in handy. You can take that trail road or go inside forest premises [with permission of course] Get out of tricky situations without worrying.

Please go through these two threads.

This, if you wish to know what to opt for

And this, if you have decided to buy a 4X4 [ A good thread to know about a 4X4]
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 17:38   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Go ahead and but the 4X4 if you can. Like you, I don't have any plans to off-road, but got a 4WD for peace of mind and while driving to various destinations, over uncertain roads & traffic conditions, a 4X4 will come in handy. You can take that trail road or go inside forest premises [with permission of course] Get out of tricky situations without worrying.

Thanks Sheel.

Did go thru the links and learnt a lot but still confused.

But your suggestion is tilting me in favour of going ahead with the purchase.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2015 at 17:42. Reason: Formatted post
Old 9th June 2015, 19:25   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
the question, is should I buy a second car. I love my Civic and am not interested to part with it.
Nobody knows your finances better than you do. If you had a hatch or a small city car I'd say go for the Storme, but you have another large (by IND standards) vehicle so I doubt the practicality of retaining both.

You will end up with 2 five-seaters, one of which can do dual duty regardless of road condition and the other which can only be enjoyed on really good roads. Think of the % of really good roads that we have - considering that the NHs are a majority of these and the Safari enjoys gobbling up miles on them is there an advantage of hanging onto the Civic?

One could say ditch the Honda, but then you will also be ditching Jap reliability. Or forget the Storm, and continue to suffer on bad roads.

An option could be a Storme and a nice Japanese hatch for city use. Or the Civic and a Creta/Terrano.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th June 2015 at 19:29.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 22:35   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Nobody knows your finances better than you do. If you had a hatch or a small city car I'd say go for the Storme, but you have another large (by IND standards) vehicle so I doubt the practicality of retaining both.

Thanks Steeroid. Your logic is perfect. We do not want to sell CiviC unless I get an offer I cannot refuse .

However Safari is an emotional decision and cannot get it out of my head. I do not prefer a Hyundai / Renault nissan / Maruti. So the other options are ruled out. An SUV below 20 Lakhs has to be a Safari. Im not even considering XUV for a test drive. Will have to decide in the next couple of weeks. Lets see how it goes.

Last edited by ampere : 9th June 2015 at 22:37. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted post; formatted post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks