Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 13:19   #781
BHPian

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I will definitely keep it in mind. Though the possibilities of getting myself a storme are thinning down as my dad also quoted ' the car may be damn good but what about the after sales'. Anyways, will be a part of storme family here on team bhp for sure and one day, will be presenting my own tata suv ownership report, thats a promise!
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 14:52   #782
BHPian

Re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
P.S. The new Storme's steering seems to be an exact copy of the XUV steering.
I dont think so. Its the new Tata family steering from the Zest and the Bolt.

Also I have sat and driven both Storme and XUV. The cockpit view is an extremely subjective issue. I personally find XUV's sea of buttons and controls and excessive attempts to stylize every corner of the car extremely OTT. But of course, there are lots of people who like them - to each his own.
KrishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 15:30   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
I dont think so. Its the new Tata family steering from the Zest and the Bolt.
Was just a visual impression. The U shaped silver bottom yoke probably.

Quote:
Also I have sat and driven both Storme and XUV. The cockpit view is an extremely subjective issue. I personally find XUV's sea of buttons and controls and excessive attempts to stylize every corner of the car extremely OTT. But of course, there are lots of people who like them - to each his own.
I agree. And I wasn't speaking about a view of the cockpit and the buttons and controls inside the vehicle but the view outside, dead ahead. The XUV and the Aria feel similar in seating and bonnet/sky view. The Storme is totally different.
Old 29th May 2015, 16:14   #784
BHPian

@ebonho, absolutely doc, that was the first thing which actually pulled my heart strings. The moment I sat on the driver's seat, the view and feel is nothing less than 'majestic'. I never felt the same driving any other suv ever. In fact, storme despite being bulkier than xuv or scorpio, felt much more in control once u start manoeuvring it even in the narrow lanes.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 18:15   #785
BHPian

Three more Safari Storme variants to come – SCOOP

Tata Motors will make the Safari Storme as its flagship model until it launches the new SUV, which will be built on the Land Rover platform. The Safari Storme has received an upgrade as it now has a more powerful engine with 148bhp and 320Nm. The Safari Storme will come in three variants, one will be a performance packed variant, which is the 400Nm and 163bhp. This will have better handling and shall be a lot sportier too. It might even feature a six-speed box too, as the one that we had spotted earlier on.

The second one will be an automatic (six-speed ZF transmission). This will have the same 148bhp of power and 320Nm of torque with the same VARiCOR engine. The third option will be a luxurious one. This will have a Harman music system with touchscreen, satellite navigation and reverse parking camera. Our sources confirm that Tata Motors has been working on these three variants since 2013, six months after the company had launched the Safari Storme. To make the car more luxurious, powerful and even convenient. For these reasons, Tata Motors will be introducing more variants on the Safari Storme.

At the moment, the Safari Storme has just got a revision and the company is taking steps with precaution. The Safari Storme variants will start coming in late 2015. Even Mahindra is gearing to get the Scorpio automatic. So, soon we have multiple automatic options in seven-seater SUVs.

Source - http://motoroctane.com/news/13806-th...-to-come-scoop

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2015 at 18:25. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Nilay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 18:50   #786
BHPian

While coming back home visited Pandit Auto Pimpri for a glimpse of the Face lift Storme but there wasnt any for display and on inquiring the SA said they havent received a single Storme and might reach them on the 3rd of June.

Mean while I asked for the price to which the SA replied same as earlier Storme so EX is for 13.01 Lacs on road Pimpri Chinchwad.
Old 31st May 2015, 19:07   #787
BHPian

@Xbox360, please don't make us wait so much bro. We are really waiting for your initial ownership report. If that's going to take time, would love to see the pictures for the time being.
Old 31st May 2015, 19:29   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Three more Safari Storme variants to come – SCOOP
in three variants, one will be a performance packed variant, which is the 400Nm and 163bhp. This will have better handling and shall be a lot sportier too. .......
The second one will be an automatic ........ The third option will be a luxurious one.

Source - http://motoroctane.com/news/13806-th...-to-come-scoop
Good, though it's getting horribly late.

But, my doubt is, Why the three variants, when ideally it should be the three combined into one. Its an automatic so more power and torque is welcome, Better handling Storme is also welcome, as is a 'luxurious' version. Just combine them and grade them as LX,EX and VX.

Though, i would love a barebone LX 4X4 with the 400nm motor
Old 1st June 2015, 16:17   #789
BHPian

Will someone with links to Tata Motors please update us on why there has been no official launch, website upgrade or test drive vehicles provided to showrooms?
I so wanted to do a TD before booking the vehicle.
Old 1st June 2015, 16:48   #790

Quote:
Will someone with links to Tata Motors please update us on why there has been no official launch, website upgrade or test drive vehicles provided to showrooms?
I so wanted to do a TD before booking the vehicle.
If you are in Gurgaon, then there is good news for you. The display car has arrived. No test drives available yet. Hopefully they will have a car by Saturday.
Old 1st June 2015, 18:45   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
The display car has arrived. No test drives available yet. Hopefully they will have a car by Saturday.
Hi. The display car has been available with Concorde in South Delhi for some time now. But they dont have the TD vehicles available. Btw, which dealer in Gurgaon is this? Is it ABS?
Old 1st June 2015, 18:49   #792

Quote:
Hi. The display car has been available with Concorde in South Delhi for some time now. But they dont have the TD vehicles available. Btw, which dealer in Gurgaon is this? Is it ABS?
Hi,

I was contacted by Aristo Motors in Gurgaon regarding display car availability.

Regards,
Old 1st June 2015, 19:24   #793
Senior - BHPian

Web page is finally up. Let's see when the launch will be.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 21:20   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Web page is finally up. Let's see when the launch will be.
http://safari.tatamotors.com/ Here is the link
KrishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 23:13   #795
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the LX variant gets to keep the 16" wheels. ABS and Rear Discs are gone along with the third row seats, though!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks