Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2015, 13:42   #691
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Hope they have retained ABS with LX. Sadly no 4x4 for LX or EX.
How would the 10bhp help or rather when will it help?
Old 8th May 2015, 13:48   #692
BHPian

Another review that I came across. Not something that we do not know already

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2015-tat...d-test-review/
Old 8th May 2015, 15:10   #693
BHPian

I am a big fan of Safari and I hate to see such minuscule half hearted changes. Its a waste of efforts from Tata. When will they thing beyond. Horizon next is just on paper. Engineers/designers don't seem to have the vision. What they have offered now should have been offered in the launch of Storme couple of years back. Looks like no place for putting a double din aftermarket infotainment. And why can't they offer it as factory fit? Even new Scorpio has it proper 6" (15 CM) touchscreen infotainment system. I would say lethargic attitude. And then there was news of front facing seats on offer. But actually no such option.
Old 8th May 2015, 15:58   #694
Senior - BHPian

The all black interiors is a good plus but it was reported that the same is not on offer in the Lx ? Thats strage because in the current Storme, its only the Lx that has the max amount of black in the interiors and it gets beiger as you move up the variants. This seems to have reversed in the current version.

Also with the music system now integrated nicely, I am curious to know how the Lx without the music system would look ?
Old 9th May 2015, 10:31   #695
BHPian

Hi guys

Just spoke to the SE at Concorde Motors, Delhi. The new Storme is on display but no test drives offered yet! He was as frustrated and clueless about the launch as we all are! But he seemed pretty sure that the delivery will start this month only.
Old 9th May 2015, 10:32   #696
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India have published their first drive report and it echoes the sentiments expressed in this thread - too little too late.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-394904,0.aspx
Old 10th May 2015, 15:15   #697
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to the SA in Bangalore. He is sure the new Storme will be launched in the next week. Tata is offering a 30k discount on the refreshed model. The old Storme is not available in any showroom. And cannot be ordered either as there is no production. Discounts offered are 50k + 45k exchange bonus. The refresh will be lower priced than the current one though. So let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 10th May 2015, 15:27   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hope they have retained ABS with LX. Sadly no 4x4 for LX or EX.
How would the 10bhp help or rather when will it help?
The new Lx does not have ABS, and they have even removed the rear disc brakes and plonked in a drum. That and 15" wheels totally make this unattractive.

An Lx option with basic safety features like ABS/airbags, and a 255/70 R16 wheels (with a deep wheel well) and 4x4 would have been the ideal (real?) SUV that they claim this to be. They could also provide flexibility to buyers to fit in aftermarket music system and such stuff.

The BHP bump does not help much, but an upward hike in the torque figures (400 nm) would have.

Last edited by Kairalee : 10th May 2015 at 15:37.
Kairalee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 21:10   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Hi guys

Just spoke to the SE at Concorde Motors, Delhi. The new Storme is on display but no test drives offered yet! He was as frustrated and clueless about the launch as we all are! But he seemed pretty sure that the delivery will start this month only.

I spoke to Concorde as well, the display vehicle has arrived, but the new test drive vehicle along with pricing should be available by the end of this week.
Old 10th May 2015, 21:46   #700
BHPian

I went to Concorde today to have a look. Let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed at all! The central console looks much better than in the pictures. The Harman system is great and the black theme looks awesome! I even liked the seat fabric! Now if only I could get a test drive! They said its going to launch between 15th and 20th. I'm very very tempted to book!
Familyguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 23:58   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
...Tata is offering a 30k discount on the refreshed model. The old Storme is not available in any showroom....Discounts offered are 50k + 45k exchange bonus...
Which version are you talking about? The refresh that's gonna come will have 30K discount?? What's the other 95K discount you are talking about - the current Storme??
Old 10th May 2015, 23:59   #702
Senior - BHPian

Its a pity that our beloved Bawa Ji came to TATA only after the Storme came into production and he was brought in afterwards as a desperate effort to improve upon the SUVs (Mainly Storme, Sumo and Xenon) in the TATA stable.

Glad to know that he is working on something other than the above mentioned three SUVs.
Old 11th May 2015, 01:54   #703
Senior - BHPian

@swiftnfurious: yes that was what I was told. The ex showroom price is not announced, but discount is already announced.
And yes 95k for current version, for which stocks don't exist.
Old 11th May 2015, 15:19   #704
BHPian

I'm not really following this thread, but had a brief look at the Safari and clicked a few pictures at a showroom in Delhi.

An important point that the sales rep mentioned was that the doors now close with a light push, as compared to slamming them in earlier versions - I tried shutting the doors with a light hand and it did close properly, which gave a premium feel. The rep was mentioning that know-how from Land Rover / Jaguar will slowly creep into future Tata vehicles. Quality and damping of switches and knobs was good but not premium as such.

Another point I noted was that you can switch on the instrument panel lights (including air-con & music system) by flicking the European style headlight knob to park light position - all this without the key in the ignition. This demo vehicle was a non 4WD version, and the space on the right of the Aux / USB ports was blank, as can be seen in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150510_153306416.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150510_153414616.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150510_153424210.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150510_154159373.jpg  

jessie007 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 20:58   #705
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Parm - kya yaar! This calls for and . Thanks!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Hello Behram ji,

I am an owner of Tata Aria Pride 4x4 since Oct 11, having done over 1.1 Lakh kms so far. I have driven to Himachal, Coorg, Gir Forest apart from countless trips to Pune, Nashik and Goa over the past 3 years.

I have had my share of issues with the Aria but it has never let me down and am quite happy about the safety and comfort it offers.

I just booked a Nano AMT for my daughter and was in the Concorde Prabhadevi showroom this morning where I saw the updated Storme. I have always had a soft corner for True Blue SUV and am inclined to book the Storme and trade in my Aria. I need your advise on this as I am trading safety features and ride comfort for True go anywhere capability.

I also read in the Autocar India test drive report on the Storme that the "Marching" sound in the driveline has been addressed in the updated Storme. This crept in my Aria after they replaced the DMF with Single Mass Flywheel. It quite irritates me and would appreciate a clarification from an authority such as you if this has indeed been addressed for good, without any possibility of recurrence in future due to driveline wear n tear

Further the available torque in the updated Storme as per Tata Motors brochure ranges between 1700-2700 rpm while in the update Aria2014 model, the same is in a wider band from 1400-3000 rpm. Can you clarify if it would be similar to the updated Aria?

Finally is the Axle ratio in the Storme at 4.1:1 or 3.73:1 as in the Aria.

Thanking you in advance for your early reply.

Cheers,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks