Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 14:42   #601
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
So here it comes: 2015 Tata Safari Facelift Starts At Rs. 9.99 Lakhs for the entry level LX variant (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Hilarious..
So now we know that it is a "9 Lacs" vehicle, or is it? No no, the 99 K is nothing, it is still a "9 Lacs" vehicle. That 99 k is just a hallucination.

I mean, grow up TML. This trick has expired a long time back. Consumers cannot be fooled so easily these days. It could have simply be written as 10 Lacs, but no, then who would get to play the mind games? Who will feel elated at conning the customers through that elusive "9.99 Lacs"??
Old 21st April 2015, 14:46   #602
BHPian

Quote:
So here it comes: 2015 Tata Safari Facelift Starts At Rs. 9.99 Lakhs for the entry level LX variant (ex-showroom, Delhi).
BTW, looks like only LX will retain Black + Beige interiors and rest all are completely black
The Headlamps are now Projector with PES Ring. Any clue what this ring is? is it Angel eye like BMW? I doubt though
Hi,

where did you get the prices from. Want to check for EX looking at the feature comparison of LX and EX, EX is far better.
Old 21st April 2015, 14:52   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Hi,

where did you get the prices from. Want to check for EX looking at the feature comparison of LX and EX, EX is far better.
While you are at it please list the price for the VX and VX 4X4 as well.
Old 21st April 2015, 14:59   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirdayitantrik View Post
Hilarious..
So now we know that it is a "9 Lacs" vehicle, or is it? No no, the 99 K is nothing, it is still a "9 Lacs" vehicle. That 99 k is just a hallucination.

I mean, grow up TML. This trick has expired a long time back. Consumers cannot be fooled so easily these days. It could have simply be written as 10 Lacs, but no, then who would get to play the mind games? Who will feel elated at conning the customers through that elusive "9.99 Lacs"??
FYI - Some states have higher taxes for vehicles greater than 10L.
aditya101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 15:19   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
FYI - Some states have higher taxes for vehicles greater than 10L.
True. But I am talking about something else. The companies do their math well in advance. All kind of prices are calculated beforehand, be it any state of India This is no big deal.
What I actually meant was that the cost break-up/pricing is done in such a way that the ex-show room prices are reflected in the above manner which at least to me, appears to be clever. Now we know that markets work on capitalistic ideologies. They have the liberty to price their products accordingly. I am basically trying to highlight the marketing strategies that the companies deploy, some of which are out rightly cliche and hawkish.
Old 21st April 2015, 15:19   #606
BHPian

What is a "Self adjusting clutch". And how is it better than the clutch that Storme had earlier?

Also, is this a unique feature to Storme or do M&M, Renault etc vehicles also have this feature?
Old 21st April 2015, 15:53   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
What is a "Self adjusting clutch". And how is it better than the clutch that Storme had earlier?

Also, is this a unique feature to Storme or do M&M, Renault etc vehicles also have this feature?
have a look at this, and you may see that while this may immensely benefit by making clutch light, considering the technical knowhow of mechanics at TASS, one might end up with some complaints

Last edited by rajismine : 21st April 2015 at 15:56.
rajismine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 18:57   #608
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, looks like only LX will retain Black + Beige interiors and rest all are completely black
The Headl
amps are now Projector with PES Ring. Any clue what this ring is? is it Angel eye like BMW? I doubt though
Considering currently LX ex showroom Pune is 10.83 Lacs and EX ex showroom Pune is 11.62 Lacs , so then the it would be safe to assume the new EX would be priced around 10.6-10.7 lacs ex showroom Pune which translates roughly to around 12.3-12.4 lacs on road Pune. (Prices taken from carwale.com)

IMO the EX will be the best seller amongst all the variants and with features added over the current EX,its certainly a steal over the funky (as personally i think its over styled) Scorpio any day.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:01   #609
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Headl
amps are now Projector with PES Ring. Any clue what this ring is? is it Angel eye like BMW? I doubt though
When strome was launched around 2-3 years back, LX was priced 9.95. It has All discs, 16" wheels, ABS, Side and back steps, alpine Bluetooth audio, all power windows, heated electrical OVRMs. Gradually TATA removed one by one feature but price remained same.
When i bought ARIA i was in dilemma with regard to Strome LX because of ABS, audio and side foot steps. But Finally it was ARIA due to second and third row AC
So TATA is on a suicide mission if the pricing is correct.

Last edited by rkg : 21st April 2015 at 19:06.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 19:01   #610
Senior - BHPian

@rosaf: The Storme will definitely shed some price. This was always in the rumours. Looks like a lot of new features are added. Let's wait for the definitive pricing. If Lx starts at ₹7 lakhs, Ex at ₹9 L and Vx at ₹12 L, wouldn't it be just too great. I'm not sure Tata will kill the Safari by starting at ₹9.99L. After all, the Hexa is expected at ₹11-14 L. Remember that Safari was at ₹5.5 L not too long ago.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 19:02   #611
BHPian

Not again.
They have goofed up on the pricing. No 4x4 at lower model levels. All the best tata.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:15   #612

I still don't get what a 4x4 motor has got to do with a luxury trim.
In my opinion even if the 4x4 was given as an option with the stripped down lx it would have been a good value proposition.

In this day of age, its easy for companies to involve with user groups and forums like these and feel the pulse of the customer to get a product/service right and Tata seem to have badly missed this opportunity to win back its customers.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:19   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Considering currently LX ex showroom Pune is 10.83 Lacs and EX ex showroom Pune is 11.62 Lacs , so then the it would be safe to assume the new EX would be priced around 10.6-10.7 lacs ex showroom Pune which translates roughly to around 12.3-12.4 lacs on road Pune. (Prices taken from carwale.com)

IMO the EX will be the best seller amongst all the variants and with features added over the current EX,its certainly a steal over the funky (as personally i think its over styled) Scorpio any day.

I would guess that now the price differential between the LX and EX would be more than before on account of the reduction in features that we have seen on the LX in this iteration. Hence my guess is that the EX will probably remain at somewhere around its current pricing.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:27   #614
BHPian

Here is tge banner in showrooms
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-image.jpg  

rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 02:00   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Here is tge banner in showrooms
If TML would love to know what we think (as per the banner), just paste the link of this thread and ask them to visit. Easiest CB survey they could hope for.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks