Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 19:58   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
There won't be any Storme launch on January 15. This is confirmed by my old pals in TML. Another point is, sales guys should have got training/information about the vehicle by this time. Sales team doesn't have much clues even before the 10 days of speculated launch means something is not right.
Can you please ask your sales mangaer about additional features/major updates that are going to come in the facelift? Just to test the waters. Please do update if you get any credible news.
I have been told by the sales manager that he will share details of features per variant by end of this week.I will share them as soon as I have them.
S5157 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 13:00   #317
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Just spoke to Dhingra Motors Gurgaon, they've confirmed that the new version is expected by January end.

Lets hope it actually happens.
Old 7th January 2015, 14:55   #318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I have been told by the sales manager that he will share details of features per variant by end of this week.I will share them as soon as I have them.

If they are adding airbags, I am going for it. Will put my Ciaz booking on hold. Hope to hear some good news from you buddy.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 21:56   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Just spoke to Dhingra Motors Gurgaon, they've confirmed that the new version is expected by January end.

Lets hope it actually happens.
Spoke to someone in Aristo Motors Gurgaon yesterday and he said with conviction that its expected only after Bolt by the end of first quarter. So many contradictions. Prospective buyers like me have started running outta patience I am sure. What the heck is TATA upto ?
Old 8th January 2015, 00:00   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
its expected only after Bolt by the end of first quarter. So many contradictions.
After BOLT, it could be the facelifted Aria. STROME, could be after that.
Old 8th January 2015, 10:19   #321
Senior - BHPian

Any new sightings of the Storme in test runs?

Even the spotting of Storme in army colours for the Indian Army has gone down.

I think not many test mules are there of the refreshed Storme on the road, otherwise there would be more spy photos floating on the web.

Did some one mentioned about the sighting of the Storme test mule in upper Himalayas?

Anyway, lets keep the eyes open and click some new spy photos.
Old 8th January 2015, 12:54   #322
BHPian

Give me a rattle free storme with dual airbags in mid variant now and i don't care about the integrated touch-screens, front seating option or hike in power etc etc. Its going to be in my stable the same day.
Old 8th January 2015, 17:42   #323
BHPian

I spotted a Storme test mule near Birla Hospital today morning with the new redesigned grill,could not see the dash though as i was on my bike passing by,but strangely it had jump seat set up in the last compartment unlike the third front facing row being discussed here.
Old 8th January 2015, 18:56   #324
BHPian

Spoke to some key folks working on the refreshed Storme. They told me that they had attempted to fit the 3rd row front facing seats in the current vehicle but this looked like it would require a change in the dye itself and hence this is pretty much out of the list of things being targeted.

The launch date according to them was March or April. Hence I skeptical of the Jan news going around on this thread.
Old 8th January 2015, 19:51   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
They told me that they had attempted to fit the 3rd row front facing seats in the current vehicle but this looked like it would require a change in the dye itself and hence this is pretty much out of the list of things being targeted..
If there is a will there is a way. Mahindra has done it and Tata can if they have the ______

See attached pic of the Safari with front facing third row they displayed at the prevous Geneva auto expo.

Basically, with Tata Safari it is the chicken or the egg situation. Tata ignored the Safari for so long that they all but killed it, so given the low volumes, vendors will not be able to give competitive prices and tata cannot spend lots on developing new features as the recovery period will be too long.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-tatasafari3rdrow.jpg  

Last edited by 4x4addict : 8th January 2015 at 19:53.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 21:28   #326
BHPian

Forgive me for saying so - but I think Tata should kill the Safari / Storme. The product is too long in the tooth and any amount of updates will not give it a sales boost.

IMHO, what Tata really need to do is do a 'VW Golf' on the Safari - retain the name, the signature elements of the style, but essentially create a new vehicle and update it every 4-5 years. That's the only way they'll be able to leverage the brand and style that folks love. Flogging a 15+year old design with cosmetic updates (sorry, no one can see the Aria chassis underneath) is not going to help

PS: There are very few vehicles in the world where the signature style has remained the same over decades - Golf, 911 are two vehicles that come to mind
Old 9th January 2015, 10:11   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Spoke to some key folks working on the refreshed Storme. They told me that they had attempted to fit the 3rd row front facing seats in the current vehicle but this looked like it would require a change in the dye itself and hence this is pretty much out of the list of things being targeted.

The launch date according to them was March or April. Hence I skeptical of the Jan news going around on this thread.
This news is a major disappointment for me. I have been waiting for storme with front facing back row seats for almost six months now.

I called up the concorde sales team again yesterday but they mentioned that they haven't recieved any update on this change and they still says new model has front facing backrow.
Old 9th January 2015, 10:19   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
This news is a major disappointment for me. I have been waiting for storme with front facing back row seats for almost six months now.

I called up the concorde sales team again yesterday but they mentioned that they haven't recieved any update on this change and they still says new model has front facing backrow.
Yep I haven't had the heart to break this to either the people waiting for the launch or even the sales staff as without this the vehicle is nothing but a minor refresh.

Anyway there is still a little time to go, I hope they find a way out to make this happen.
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 11:57   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Forgive me for saying so - but I think Tata should kill the Safari / Storme. The product is too long in the tooth and any amount of updates will not give it a sales boost.
I disagree. There is a huge void for a good SUV in the 16 Lakhs OTR range. Tata is 80% there with the Safari. With little effort, they can do really increase the sales of the Safari, but with half baked effort they cannot do this.
Old 9th January 2015, 12:07   #330
BANNED

How I wish that Tata would have taken some design cues from JLR, for the new Safari ! I am sure the all new Safari would look 98% alike to the debut model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks