Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 22:48   #271
BHPian

Nothing surprising. Before finalising XUV AWD I asked the tata folks about Aria and kept following up for close to a week. None of the dealers were even bothered to call back or arrange a test drive.

Where as as soon as I enquired about XUV got call from all the three dealers and I have finalised and expecting delivery by 25th since it is AWD.

Last edited by sridharp77 : 16th November 2014 at 22:49.
sridharp77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 10:26   #272
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Just visited the Concorde showroom yesterday. Wanted to check out the Aria and Storme. Its a nice showroom, so as soon as I enter I scan for the Aria. And surprise surprise! There is no Aria. There is a Storme VX 4x2 there, but no Aria. Then I first have a conversation with the sales guy on the Aria. (Please refer to this thread on the other concern I had on this discussion). To be fair to the sales person, he explains everything pretty well. Even admitted that the pricing had been a disaster which sunk an otherwise excellent vehicle. Now the new Aria is way better and a value proposition to consider. But when I asked why there is no Aria on display, he said that they needed the space to put in additional chairs and tables as today was a Sunday and they expected a larger crowd for the Storme and the Zest. . I must say I appreciate his honesty.

Coming to the Storme. It looked magnificient as usual. But this is what got my goat. The OTR for the EX was Rs. 13.02 lacs. Additionally offered Rs. 25k discount + Rs. 7k corporate discount + Rs. 20k buyback bonus. Hence the actual OTR will come close to Rs. 12.5 lacs or lower, which is quite lucrative. But the EX has no airbags. It really put me off. Why is safety compromised for price? At least an options pack could have been provided. So now the EX is very much out of the race. This means if it has to be a Storme then it is minimum a VX 4x2. Felt sad!
Old 17th November 2014, 10:39   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Just visited the Concorde showroom yesterday. Wanted to check out the Aria and Storme. Its a nice showroom, so as soon as I enter I scan for the Aria. And surprise surprise! There is no Aria. There is a Storme VX 4x2 there, but no Aria. Then I first have a conversation with the sales guy on the Aria. (Please refer to this thread on the other concern I had on this discussion). To be fair to the sales person, he explains everything pretty well. Even admitted that the pricing had been a disaster which sunk an otherwise excellent vehicle. Now the new Aria is way better and a value proposition to consider. But when I asked why there is no Aria on display, he said that they needed the space to put in additional chairs and tables as today was a Sunday and they expected a larger crowd for the Storme and the Zest. . I must say I appreciate his honesty.

Coming to the Storme. It looked magnificient as usual. But this is what got my goat. The OTR for the EX was Rs. 13.02 lacs. Additionally offered Rs. 25k discount + Rs. 7k corporate discount + Rs. 20k buyback bonus. Hence the actual OTR will come close to Rs. 12.5 lacs or lower, which is quite lucrative. But the EX has no airbags. It really put me off. Why is safety compromised for price? At least an options pack could have been provided. So now the EX is very much out of the race. This means if it has to be a Storme then it is minimum a VX 4x2. Felt sad!
Whatever he may have told you - the ARIA has been missing from the showroom for quite some time now.

Additionally at my last visit to CML 1 month ago - the General Manager himself, was not aware that the ARIA comes with 150PS engine and Storme since launch has had the 140 VARICor engine.

1. No sir - ARIA still has 140PS engine.
2. Storme comes with DICOR. Very recently we changed the engine to VARICor sir.

He was adamant on these 2 lines & I felt real pity for the brand.
Given that I stand by the very same brand forever, I sent their own broucher PDFs to him on email on which he replied "Yes sir the ARIA comes with 140 PS engine".

If you do buy a Tata car - I'll recommend Pandit Auto over CML.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:10   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Whatever he may have told you - the ARIA has been missing from the showroom for quite some time now.

Additionally at my last visit to CML 1 month ago - the General Manager himself, was not aware that the ARIA comes with 150PS engine and Storme since launch has had the 140 VARICor engine.
If you do buy a Tata car - I'll recommend Pandit Auto over CML.
Actually you are right. The sales guy did tell me that I will never get to the see the Aria Pleasure or the Pride. He can get the Pure for a test drive but not the other two models. Apparently they are only made to order.

To be honest I like the Aria the most. The specs are awesone, the space is awesome and everything about the car seems premium. But all such incidents put me off. While I do intend to keep whatever I buy now for the next seven to eight years, I certainly don't want to end up with something which forces me frequent trips to the service center. Nor do I want to own a car which no one wants to buy. While I am okay to take a higher depreciation loss over others, I cannot afford people not buying it at all.

Totally confused now. Should I go for the Aria? Or put that same money in the XUV 5OO?
Old 17th November 2014, 11:20   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To be honest I like the Aria the most. The specs are awesone, the space is awesome and everything about the car seems premium. But all such incidents put me off. While I do intend to keep whatever I buy now for the next seven to eight years, I certainly don't want to end up with something which forces me frequent trips to the service center. Nor do I want to own a car which no one wants to buy. While I am okay to take a higher depreciation loss over others, I cannot afford people not buying it at all.

Totally confused now. Should I go for the Aria? Or put that same money in the XUV 5OO?
The ARIA is a wonderful vehicle. It is very reliable too. At the very least - it won't give you any more troubles than the XUV. I'd say it is the better of the two & just like you, I like it too.

If you are going for the "Pleasure" surely go for the Aria over the XUV primarily because you like it! And it is a rock solid heavy built body on frame. Like the XUV, it has ABS and dual front airbags along with ICE and a good feature package overall.

If you are looking at the "Pure LX" - I'd say don't go for it. Its simply too bare-bones and lacks ABS and Airbags. Its probably aimed at the fleet operators.

What is your height? If you are anything above 6' - take a long test drive first. I'm 6'3" and haven't found a comfortable driving position in the Aria yet.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 11:38   #276
BHPian

I am 5'10" so no such issues I guess. At this stage it is the Pleasure 4x2 in consideration. But if I can make it then I will go for the Pride 4x4. It will need some convincing at the home ministry but if I do get the requisite approvals after presenting a strong case then I am hoping I will choose between the Aria Pride 4x4, the Storme VX 4x4 and the XUV W8 AWD.

Reliability is extremely important for me. Planning long highway drives and hence cannot afford the car to be stranded on the road under any circumstances. A little rattle here and there is not much of a concern.
Old 17th November 2014, 12:37   #277
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am 5'10" so no such issues I guess. At this stage it is the Pleasure 4x2 in consideration. But if I can make it then I will go for the Pride 4x4. It will need some convincing at the home ministry but if I do get the requisite approvals after presenting a strong case then I am hoping I will choose between the Aria Pride 4x4, the Storme VX 4x4 and the XUV W8 AWD.

Reliability is extremely important for me. Planning long highway drives and hence cannot afford the car to be stranded on the road under any circumstances. A little rattle here and there is not much of a concern.
I have bought a Pure LX in May 2014. So far it has clocked 14K. With one trip to Bangalore-Hyderabad and bangalore-Leh-bangalore.
It has not stranded me any where on the road.
Bangalore-Leh-Bangalore is 26 days 8750KM.
Use it for daily commute to office (27Km/day)
Avergare milage
city: 10.5
Highway: 15.6 max and min 11 kmpl
It is due for third free service at 15K

For XUV service intervals are little confusing to remember. Like service at 15K and oil change at 20K.
rkg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 13:34   #278
BHPian

Just read the brochure in detail and it says that Aria comes with a 3 years / 1.5 lac km warranty. The next line says "Insist in 1 year / 50,000 kms". What does this statement mean? See picture for details.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-1416211322790.jpg  

ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 13:36   #279
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just read the brochure in detail and it says that Aria comes with a 3 years / 1.5 lac km warranty. The next line says "Insist in 1 year / 50,000 kms". What does this statement mean? See picture for details.
Warranty is 3 yr/one lakh KM.
Extended warranty is one yr/50K

But engine and all its components are under 3 yr/1.5 lakh Km warranty as per manual.
if they have changed now, i do not know
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 09:47   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Warranty is 3 yr/one lakh KM.
Extended warranty is one yr/50K

But engine and all its components are under 3 yr/1.5 lakh Km warranty as per manual.
if they have changed now, i do not know
You are right. Rechecked on this.
  • The engine comes with a warranty of 3 years / 1,50,000 kms
  • The vehicle comes with a warranty of 3 years / 1,00,000 kms
Both can be extended by 1 year / 50,000 kms through extended warranty of appx Rs 7k.
ptushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 08:52   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually you are right. The sales guy did tell me that I will never get to the see the Aria Pleasure or the Pride. He can get the Pure for a test drive but not the other two models. Apparently they are only made to order.

I like the XUV and had suggested it to few too. I too wanted to buy if I could or when I was ready but I wont do it or suggest it again. It still had issues wrt to electronics etc. Fuel pump going kaput in a week isnt what I would like apart from visit to dealer every other week or two.

But the a.s.s. is good as in they take care of your car well. This keep owners happy but do you have the time and patience for the rest of the issues it has?
Old 28th November 2014, 09:30   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
...but do you have the time and patience for the rest of the issues it has?
That is what is worrying me. Now here is my predicament:
- XUV - Great looks and has everything you need and more - But seems to be full of niggles.
- Storme - Great looks, great drive, very little niggles but is too bare bones on gadgets front. Plus the side seats, not good.
- Aria - Great drive, has all gadgets one can think off, no niggles but no one is buying it. Even though the pricing is now at par with the XUV (WHY?)
- The rest - Too expensive!

Help!
Old 28th November 2014, 14:56   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Use it for daily commute to office (27Km/day)
How is it to drive Aria (in terms of pottering around with a vehicle of that size) for daily commute?

Quote:
Now here is my predicament
Do you need a proper 7 seater with luggage carrying capacity? If you do, then Aria is the only option (works out few lakhs cheaper than its direct competitor Innova). XUV is a 5 + (without much luggage) 2 seater and Storme is a strict 5 seater (not a fan of side seats, more so without any restraints).

Going for higher variants of Aria entails waiting time and it will require time and effort.

If you like the Aria and willing to wait for it (assuming you are going for Pleasure or Pride), you should go for it.

Last edited by narayans80 : 28th November 2014 at 15:00.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:11   #284
BHPian

Quote:
- Aria - Great drive, has all gadgets one can think off, no niggles but no one is buying it. Even though the pricing is now at par with the XUV (WHY?)
- The rest - Too expensive!

Help!
I can understand that you liked Aria of all the vehicles and if based in Pune you should not have any worries on the TASS front too. I would suggest if you want to enjoy the vehicle to its maximum go for Pride 4x4 at 16 odd on road as the new 150ps engine has the power now to give a serious work out to the 4x4 drive train. As a bonus the pride model is Euro Ncap rated vehicle which is so loaded with equipment that you will not need any accessories to install.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:48   #285
BHPian

Not sure if ARIA is niggle free. I have heard many in this forum itself complaining about major issues.

Is it that there are so few owners that we do not hear much about it..or is it that TML has really improved the vehicle on all counts?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks