Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 15:21   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Just came back from ECity RTO (Ironically its in bannerghata road, Vijaya bank colony).

Purpose - To pay tax of TN22 (Chennai) WagonR VXI June-2012 model (Exshwrm 4.03Lacs back then)

NOTE - VOLUNTARY WALK-IN, (No caught by RTO stuff)

Docs needed - CAR/BIKE RC Photocopy, Original Invoice, Insurance copy, "FORM14 of KA.RTO"

Goto ROOM-6, AUDIT OFFICER

Wait in line (1 case takes 5-7minutes)

Produce all 3 documents, answer few basic questions like where you work, how long the car is in bangalore, (we lied its a week old but in reality is here since day of purchase)

A Casio calculator does the work (Penalty is at sole-discretion of the officer). Previous case DL Alto guy spoke like a delhi'te (Seen Virat kohli?) and promptly landed a 7000Rs penalty for a 5 year DL car.

We ended up at 50,300Rs (some 90% tax and a 10% cess on tax amount, 46+4.6 approx) (100Rs Penalty for a eye wash)

Need to PAY USING A NATIONALIZED BANK DD ONLY (No cash, cheque, Private bank DD)

All the calculations were in green ink on the FORM14 with todays date, he said it will hold good for a week, so PAY ASAP

EDIT--- after reading some prev posts...

1) We did not show any address proof, company id card.
2) No originals carried
3) NOC was asked, but we said we will go back in a year or two, hence only paying tax.

Last edited by svsantosh : 24th July 2014 at 15:23.
svsantosh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 15:21   #887
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I need advice and repeating my question.

I have a 2008 TN Civic which did 38k. I calculated LTT to be 1.3L. Questions

1) Can I pay LTT in KA and not change the registration forever.. i.e. retain the TN number
2) Can I claim refund in KA if I decide to move out of KA after couple of years ?
3) Is it worth paying 1.3L or better to sell the car, and buy another one.

Need urgent help
I don't think you will have to change your registration number. That is a separate process altogether.

I don't think a refund will be given. Even if you are entitled to one, please don't expect anything immediately.

Well the car is 6 yrs old but it doesn't have any mileage on the speedo. If you have moved to Bangalore and will remain here maybe its worth considering. However, don't expect any major resale value for the civic unless you find someone who is looking particularly for a car like yours.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:26   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
3) NOC was asked, but we said we will go back in a year or two, hence only paying tax.
Thank you for the post.

Have a doubt. If you don't change your number, how will you get your refund when you go back?
Old 24th July 2014, 15:27   #889
Senior - BHPian

How on earth did i miss this thread.? I was aghast to see few comments supporting the RTO crack down.

What will these supporters of RTO do in-case they are transferred/take up a new job in Hyderabad,Delhi etc.? I have stayed in Delhi for 4 years and in Mumbai for roughly a year and no-one flagged me down because i was driving a AP registered vehicle.

It is very easy to laugh at someones plight but these supporters should also understand that sometime they may also be on the other side of the fence.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 15:28   #890
BHPian

Been following this thread intermittently, so may have been posted here before.

http://www.change.org/petitions/hon-...tered-vehicles

Please support this.

Last edited by Roomy : 24th July 2014 at 15:37.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:35   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Thank you for the post.

Have a doubt. If you don't change your number, how will you get your refund when you go back?
Simple, you dont..! Price of driving a non-KA car in KA
Old 24th July 2014, 16:02   #892
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
You could do it. But note that the NOC expires after a while, though I don't know the exact period.
NOC is valid for 1 year.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:08   #893
BHPian

Quote:
All the calculations were in green ink on the FORM14 with todays date, he said it will hold good for a week, so PAY ASAP

PAY ASAP... within a week. But had you been there for a refund it wont come even in a lifetime. And most probably would have been done in red ink. .

So the price of the car has gone up by another 50k. And if by chance the person shifts to Chennai or Pune.. pay another 40-50k and so on. So in general can a percentage all these taxes be considered in the price when selling the car in the future???

I had heard long back of some adventurous person who decided to travel across India in his car and stay in each state for a short period of time to experience everything Indian. If its true and with such LTT rules, he would be owning a vehicle with tax more than the price.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:08   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) We did not show any address proof, company id card.
2) No originals carried
The above docs will be required when you submit the form & payment, only NOC can be submitted later if you don't have it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I was aghast to see few comments supporting the RTO crack down.
No one supports RTO, they just stated what the Karnataka RTO rules are, which may be unfair but that is the way it is.

Last edited by finneyp : 24th July 2014 at 16:23.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:20   #895

Please don't generalise a Delhi'ite. Delhi is a metropolitan city with people from all regions/states/cities/villages of India, probably to a greater extent as Bangalore (But that's not the point here). Being a Delhite myself, I object to your classification and would ask you to refrain from such regional bias in your posts.

Thanks for the post btw, I was planning to pay mine next week.

Quote:
........ (Penalty is at sole-discretion of the officer). Previous case DL Alto guy spoke like a delhi'te (Seen Virat kohli?) and promptly landed a 7000Rs penalty for a 5 year DL car..
Magemegento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:25   #896
BHPian

Are cars the only kind of vehicles being seized or aren't two wheelers spared either?
Old 24th July 2014, 16:38   #897
Team-BHP Support

o
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I had previously supported the RTO drive, Now with blackpearl's case and the above mentioned case, I feel these guys are taking this too far. Hope better sense prevails on them. They should show diligence in identifying genuine visitors and violators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Don't loose hope, some ray of light is coming shortly..
I have good news, got my documents back today from the RTO. It was all due to using the wrong term for my travel to Bangalore. It may seem weird but I had used the term deputation instead of business travel and hence the company was facing trouble issuing the letter. Things were clarified today and HR was able to issue the letter saying that I will be here from 30th June to 26th July 2014. I met the RTO officer and he signed the release of my documents after showing lot of concern that I should not be travelling such long distances in a 7 year old car. It took less than an hour for the entire process. Just came back from the RTO.

Thanks a lot to everybody for the support and especially asdon who went out of his way to provide a solution.

Quote:
Just came back from ECity RTO (Ironically its in bannerghata road, Vijaya bank colony).
We must have been there at the same time. Too bad that we did not meet.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th July 2014 at 16:43.
BlackPearl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:40   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD
It is very easy to laugh at someones plight but these supporters should also understand that sometime they may also be on the other side of the fence.
It is the law of the state, i.e Karnataka which the RTOs are enforcing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magemegento
Please don't generalise a Delhi'ite.
I guess the original poster only tried to identify a person by the way he spoke. That person may have spoken with the Delhi accent. Like in many places speaking the local language of the place you stay may reduce your hassles or get a more sympathetic ear from the officials. A relatives of mine who was in Mumbai used to say speaking to a police man in Marathi brought in much more better response than speaking to him in Hindi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh
Are cars the only kind of vehicles being seized or aren't two wheelers spared either?
Current focus is on cars, but two wheelers may also not be far behind.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:55   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have good news, got my documents back today from the RTO.
Glad your troubles are over. I was planning a drive to the South during the Pujas with a stop over at B'lore at my sister's place, but after reading about your travails I was having serious doubts.

Quote:
I met the RTO officer and he signed the release of my documents after showing lot of concern that I should not be travelling such long distances in a 7 year old car.
BTW, isn't your Bolero a 2012 model? I remember reading about it on a thread after you bought it - especially the interesting part about the aircon install.

P.S. Had a doubt, so looked up your profile - you must have traveled in the Esteem

Last edited by Babuda : 24th July 2014 at 17:05. Reason: Adding content
Old 24th July 2014, 16:57   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It is the law of the state, i.e Karnataka which the RTOs are enforcing.
Few of us have chosen to stand up against these money making laws, you will soon get to know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
No one supports RTO, they just stated what the Karnataka RTO rules are, which may be unfair but that is the way it is.
There are people who do.T-Bhp currently does not have the option of tagging them.

Are we living in Union of states or different countries.There should be a federal structure governing us.

When Post/Railway/Income Tax/Customs & Central Excise/Airport Authority/National Highways and many more organisations are under central govt, why not Transport.?

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks