Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:42   #811
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Being an IT guy will be roaming near tech parks to look for houses and plan to visit malls as well.

Any advice?
I would suggest not to bring the vehicle for small visit. If you read the various posts, the experiences with the RTO are mixed. Finally it boils down to the person you are dealing with and his state of mind. While some may give in to logical explanation others may go just by impressions. And finally remember, they are all working towards a target. A new car means a prize catch!
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:45   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post

I bought a car with a non KA registration in 2010. I was given to understand that the duty the time permitted to pay the KA road tax was 3 months and not 11. 11 months was the time permitted to get a new KA registration number. I paid the KA road tax immediately and it took me more then a year to get the new number plate as there was a issue with the NOC from the other state.
Actually speaking there is/was no time limit for reregistration. Time limit was for NOC from original RTO of 1 year so of you fail to reregister and show them proof they won't refund LTT and you need to take a fresh NOC.

One person close to our family was RTO in MP and that's how I could get NOC there but seeing him I know first hand how institutionalaized corruption is in RTOs.
I think it should be more or less same in all states.

Just to give you an idea RTO is a class 3 post in MP this person several times managed to get not promoted and transferred out.

Promotion is considered a kind of punishment. Just to placate feelings of supporters of KA government policy may be corruption don't exist in Bangalore RTO I am not too sure but I had real bad experiences in past.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:57   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I think I'll be the one to stand up for my state's traffic cops. I have had experience with traffic cops of TN, Hyderabad & MH and I can honestly say that Bangalore cops are truly miles ahead in being respectful
May I respectfully reiterate to you that RTO and traffic police are two different things . During checks they may look and feel the same to ordinary folks but their objectives are different.
For example RTO never bother about PUC certificate or crossing white line because that is not his primary job.

And yes any unjust tax burdon out of the way from rest of the nation is like Zaziya tax.

Just ask yourself why exactly we should pay 1 lakh above Delhi on every car ? For my last 2 cars purchased in Bangalore I payed more then 1 lakh above Del or PY.

Just because I was robbed by elected government should I support further robbery of fellow citizens by way of reducing time limit ?

I do feel that I payed 2+ lakh zaziya and no argument from anyone can change my feeling.

Last edited by amitk26 : 22nd July 2014 at 16:58.
amitk26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:24   #814
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
October I will be visiting Bangalore to check out houses and other stuffs. I will be staying in my friend's place and hence will not be having any hotel bookings. Being an IT guy will be roaming near tech parks to look for houses and plan to visit malls as well.

Any advice?
Do not bring your car when you visit here in October, they will not listen your explanation. If you get caught you will have to run behind them to prove that you are a visitor and you do not have company support to prove it. You will not be able to enjoy your shopping or search for houses.

Once your relocation plan is confirmed you can get NOC and pay tax here.
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:42   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I paid the KA road tax immediately and it took me more then a year to get the new number plate as there was a issue with the NOC from the other state.
In KA, the RTO authorities are not too particular about change of number plate as long as you have paid road tax.

Quote:
Ok then, I am in for a hard time I guess. I am moving to Bangalore this October and plan to be there for atleast 3 years. My car is just 3.5 months old, with 5 year loan tenure and there is no question of selling it off. There is no doubt that I will pay my LTT within a month, but before October I will be visiting Bangalore to check out houses and other stuffs. I will be staying in my friend's place and hence will not be having any hotel bookings .

Being an IT guy will be roaming near tech parks to look for houses and plan to visit malls as well.

Any advice?
That being the case go around malls and other places in your friend's car assuming his car has KA registration.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd July 2014 at 05:16. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button when positng within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:44   #816
BHPian

Suresh. There are rental options available in Bangalore. That will suffice for short trips.
Old 22nd July 2014, 23:23   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Suresh. There are rental options available in Bangalore. That will suffice for short trips.
Or there is Uber. UberX, I find, works out to be cheaper than even autos. :-)
Old 23rd July 2014, 05:15   #818
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
In KA, the RTO authorities are not too particular about change of number plate as long as you have paid road tax.
Quite clearly, the focus is on the money part, and not the welfare of the individual. Even the primary reason specified for this drive is that the "expected" revenue has not been generated. Sounds a lot like how managers talk during appraisals!
benbsb29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:30   #819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Got a bizzare but logical response from RTO E-city on Blackpearl case, simply he asked me "Tell me if the company he is working for is not able to provide any document showing that he is on a short term/ less than 30 days assignment, how can my officers trust him?"

I had no answer..
Thanks a ton asdon for following this up, it means a lot to me. This is the same response the RTO officer gave me yesterday. They had nothing against me to prove that I am here for more than a month, on the contrary I had all the proofs starting from guest house parking sticker (dated in 01/07/2014), toll receipts, PUC, company emails. The one thing that I did not have was a letter from the company and he stuck on to that. He said that if the company policy is not to give short term deputation letter, then his policy is to seize my documents and force me to pay LTT. I am not sure what case can be registered against me for withholding my documents as I have not done anything illegal. They are just using plain force.
BlackPearl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:44   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Thanks a ton asdon for following this up, it means a lot to me. This is the same response the RTO officer gave me yesterday. They had nothing against me to prove that I am here for more than a month, on the contrary I had all the proofs starting from guest house parking sticker (dated in 01/07/2014), toll receipts, PUC, company emails. The one thing that I did not have was a letter from the company and he stuck on to that. He said that if the company policy is not to give short term deputation letter, then his policy is to seize my documents and force me to pay LTT. I am not sure what case can be registered against me for withholding my documents as I have not done anything illegal. They are just using plain force.
Why your office is so hell bend on not providing the document? May I know which company you work for?

For the RTO thing, I can go along with you with few more BHPians, to speak with RTO. And if you are sure of going back by stated date, will see what max can be done.
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:54   #821
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why your office is so hell bend on not providing the document? May I know which company you work for?

For the RTO thing, I can go along with you with few more BHPians, to speak with RTO. And if you are sure of going back by stated date, will see what max can be done.
The company is saying that as per the policy they can give me employment letter but cannot give a letter mentioning the dates of my stay here. I work for TCS.
I have a booking in Goa hotel (Club Mahindra) from 27th to 30th if that is a proof that I am leaving Bangalore on 26th. I have a travel request raised in our company portal which shows that I am going back on 26th with my own arranged vehicle. Apart from this I do not have any proof. Thanks again for the intention to help me out of this soup but I am sure these proofs will not convince the RTO officer.
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:00   #822
BHPian

There is an online petition for allowing to pay the road tax annually in karnataka..... For those who are in support and have not signed, pls do so

http://www.change.org/en-IN/petition...s-in-karnataka

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:15   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
but cannot give a letter mentioning the dates of my stay here. I work for TCS.
Don't loose hope, some ray of light is coming shortly..
asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:37   #824
BANNED

Quote:
Don't loose hope, some ray of light is coming shortly..
Are you hearing any news on govt plan to update the rule to more no-KA friendly ? or is it just a hope
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:40   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
There is an online petition for allowing to pay the road tax annually in karnataka..... For those who are in support and have not signed, pls do so
Perhaps we need to check how far such petitions have helped in solving problems. For example in the sad case of a school girl getting molested in a school in Bangalore, more than the online petition mass protests made the difference.

The RTO would have their own concerns on how people would pay the road tax annually. One challenge would be, just before the time period gets over a person crosses over to another state, get the toll receipts and comes back. I am very apprehensive of the honesty of people in general. The RTO would find it tough to prove their case, and all non-KA vehicles would have a field day in evading KA road taxes. I don't believe that all would just pay up the tax online.

My suggestion would be to continue with the drive, seize the vehicles or documents. Allow the tax payment to be made online. A print out from this system can be used to get the vehicle/documents back.

Last edited by sachinpk : 23rd July 2014 at 09:43. Reason: Minor corrections
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks