Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 08:49   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

This came in today's Bangalore Mirror:

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/articleshow/38221205.cms

This completely lets off the hook a lot of people. I hope they (the KA transport dept) takes a positive view of this whole mess.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 10:11   #542
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

This completely lets off the hook a lot of people. I hope they (the KA transport dept) takes a positive view of this whole mess.
Life time tax should be abolished across the country. That is the only feasible solution to this. But people should also get new license and pay tax when they move across the country to make it easy to track. I had to do this in the U.S few times. We have too many IDs in this country and people never have to do this.

The person mentioned in the article is staying here for 3 years and still has AP registered jeep and has not paid the tax ? Also, the guideline for vehicles more than 2 years old to not pay road tax is not right. Do they become lighter or fly instead of using roads in the new state?
Old 12th July 2014, 15:22   #543
BHPian

Got this in my facebook timeline.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

It's a shame authorities are targeting people like this.
Old 12th July 2014, 15:57   #544
Senior - BHPian

Looks like someone had enough of the RTO. I wonder if we're missing something which happened prior to the clip being filmed that might have provoked this lady to try and mow down a RTO official!

Last edited by shashank.nk : 12th July 2014 at 16:08.
Old 12th July 2014, 16:26   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Got this in my facebook timeline.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

It's a shame authorities are targeting people like this.
Shame on authorities?? IMHO the official is just doing his duty and is polite towards the lady but, she is so rude. Actually she should be punished for her act. Shame on her, Rude woman!!!

Regards.
KING DYSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 16:37   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Shame on authorities?? IMHO the official is just doing his duty and is polite towards the lady but, she is so rude. Actually she should be punished for her act. Shame on her, Rude woman!!!

Regards.
I am not in favor for that lady. She should be punished if she obstruct the duty of the government servant. And i can see the police man talking to the lady in polite way.
But from last few months BTP/RTO people are very aggressive on punishing the outstation vehicles in name of this modified law. Sometimes even i saw, instead of managing the heavy traffic at some particular points they are interested in only stopping these vehicle. One big example is silkboard signal.
I was just referring the same in my previous message.
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 17:50   #547
BHPian

Quote:
I am not in favor for that lady. She should be punished if she obstruct the duty of the government servant. And i can see the police man talking to the lady in polite way.
But from last few months BTP/RTO people are very aggressive on punishing the outstation vehicles in name of this modified law. Sometimes even i saw, instead of managing the heavy traffic at some particular points they are interested in only stopping these vehicle. One big example is silkboard signal.
I was just referring the same in my previous message.
If she does not like the law, she should write to her MLA/MP and ask them to amend it. But as long as the law is there it is her duty to obey it, however unjust it is.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 18:25   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But from last few months BTP/RTO people are very aggressive on punishing the outstation vehicles in name of this modified law.
I don't think BTP is assisting RTO. All i have seen are 2/3 khakhi clad chaps(not Police) assisting the RTO to stop the vehicle.
Old 13th July 2014, 07:20   #549
BHPian

By any chance the law is amended to pay the tax within one week of arriving Bangalore?
Old 13th July 2014, 11:22   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This completely lets off the hook a lot of people.
This is the right way to confront the authorities. Good to see a BHPian on the Bangalore Mirror, showing the proper way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Looks like someone had enough of the RTO. I wonder if we're missing something which happened prior to the clip being filmed that might have provoked this lady to try and mow down a RTO official!
There is no justification or excuse for her behaviour. From the video clip it is very clear she was being aggressive and trying to browbeat the RTO inspector. Considering the presence of TV camera, the officials would be at their best behaviour. But the woman thought she can throw a hissy-fit and get away with it. But since it is all on TV and youtube, this won't be a "He said, she said" situation. Her lawyer will mostly ask her to get over it.

Yes, we have a lousy LTT rule in KA. But you fightback by having facts on your side, like Waseem does in the Bangalore Mirror article.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th July 2014 at 11:24.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 13:12   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

There is no justification or excuse for her behaviour. From the video clip it is very clear she was being aggressive and trying to browbeat the RTO inspector. Considering the presence of TV camera, the officials would be at their best behaviour. But the woman thought she can throw a hissy-fit and get away with it. But since it is all on TV and Youtube, this won't be a "He said, she said" situation. Her lawyer will mostly ask her to get over it.

Yes, we have a lousy LTT rule in KA. But you fightback by having facts on your side, like Waseem does in the Bangalore Mirror article.
Agreed that the way lady behaved was totally wrong and unacceptable. Trying to mow down law makers and confronting them is certainly a bad idea, even if you are standing against an unjust law.

However at the same time, i have some symphathy for her. The non-KA people are mostly middle class service based people, working hard to earn a living here and trying hard to adjust to a new environment. They have their own personal and professional issues to take care of, and on top of that when rules like these make them feel harassed and fearful of taking there vehicles out on road, the frustrations do build up.

We are all human beings afterall.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 14:14   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The non-KA people are mostly middle class service based people, working hard to earn a living here and trying hard to adjust to a new environment. They have their own personal and professional issues to take care of, and on top of that when rules like these make them feel harassed and fearful of taking there vehicles out on road, the frustrations do build up.
Why only non-KA people? Even KA people with non-KA vehicles are harassed in the same way. In our Jeeping community, non-KA vehicles are common. Even I bought a 15 year old TN jeep and coughed up LLT for such an old vehicle to escape the harassment. This woman simply refused to show any documents and claimed RTO had not rights to stop or inspect the vehicle papers.
Old 13th July 2014, 14:32   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
However at the same time, i have some symphathy for her. The non-KA people are mostly middle class service based people, working hard to earn a living here and trying hard to adjust to a new environment.
A report in Bangalore Mirror (separate from the one whose link I posted sometime back) says that a lady driving an MP-registered car was claiming to be politically connected in Madhya Pradesh; and that the RTO officials who dared to stop her will soon get to know her reach.
Old 13th July 2014, 15:20   #554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I wonder if we're missing something which happened prior to the clip being filmed that might have provoked this lady to try and mow down a RTO official!
I can guarantee you nothing has happened prior to this clip. That lady is simply aggressive by nature.
And whatever may be the case, she has no business to mow down (or threatening to) anybody.

I've stayed in Bangalore for full 23 years. From no checking to full checking on the road.
Years ago police stopped my WB registered Ambassador (by that time my Karnataka tax was already paid)
and told me to change the number plate otherwise I would have to face many more checking like this.

Last year December end, I got stopped at Koramangala/Ring road famous junction at 11.30 in the night.
I told them that I'm driving down from Mumbai.
They were suspicious but after seeing my registration plate (and the papers of course) their tone changed.
They told me "Sorry to stop you Sir. You must be very tired. Have a good sleep".

I've seen more than 3 hours of video footage for an anti drunken driving film for Bangalore.
I've seen in detail how Bangalore cops behave.
From this video clip I gather once again and this is my firm belief is that traffic cops in Bangalore are extremely well behaved compare to any other cities.

They're just doing their duty as instructed.
Rudra Sen is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 15:25   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why only non-KA people? Even KA people with non-KA vehicles are harassed in the same way. In our Jeeping community, non-KA vehicles are common. Even I bought a 15 year old TN jeep and coughed up LLT for such an old vehicle to escape the harassment. This woman simply refused to show any documents and claimed RTO had not rights to stop or inspect the vehicle papers.

I agree with you that this girl/lady didn't behave properly. And She trying to rundown a cop didn't go to well.
But what about the rule that says that cops can not stop any vehicle unless they have commented an offence? And only then are they allowed to check for documents and other papers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks