Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 10:28   #181
BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

At 9.30 they are at Wipro Gate Sarjapur office and a long queue of outstation cars stopped. Another six days to go for financial year ending, you can expect them all over the places :(
Old 25th March 2014, 10:30   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post

Ouch.

Guess it would make sense to sell the vehicle in KA itself then. Did you claim a refund from your home state?
The wise thing to do would be to change to KA registration and sell here. Even if you could legally claim back to LTT paid, the red tape would ensure that you would never get it back.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:31   #183

I'm expecting the delivery of my ecosport in kerala next month. I'm planning to use it here in bangalore. Is it possible to bring the car to bangalore without paying LTT in kerala and pay it in bangalore. I booked the car in kerala because the booking period was way lesser there.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:50   #184
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware 'Out of State' cars: RTO (Bangalore) taxation amendment from 28th Feb, 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmravindran View Post
I'm expecting the delivery of my ecosport in kerala next month. I'm planning to use it here in bangalore. Is it possible to bring the car to bangalore without paying LTT in kerala and pay it in bangalore. I booked the car in kerala because the booking period was way lesser there.
Might as well buy the car here with KA registration
Old 25th March 2014, 11:22   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you can do it, just don't register the car there. Get it to Karnataka and register it there. I have done the same with a RE Classic for my friend as the waiting period in Kerala was only one fourth of what you'll be told in Bangalore. You need to get some papers from the RTO which the agency can surely arrange, i have forgotten what the exact documents were.

Regards
Old 25th March 2014, 11:29   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can technically, but IIRC KA has an entry tax to the tune of ~10% if you buy the vehicle from another state, in addition to the road tax ! So it will not make sense at all.
Old 25th March 2014, 11:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Ouch.

Guess it would make sense to sell the vehicle in KA itself then. Did you claim a refund from your home state?
I have never taken NOC from home state.i was caught in Bangalore 2 times with 2 different cars by 2 different zone RTO.Car was seized and made to pay Tax.

i used both the cars for couple months and sold it at home state.Tried hard for refund from KA RTO but realised later that its pay and forget theory !.

Brought KA cars.Better use KA name plate in KA.

Its more safe to use local cars on local roads.one can understand what it means if uer using a KL and TN cars in Bangalore.

Sell your other state cars in its respective home state instead of bringing it to Bangalore.End of the day loss incurred will be same minus the mental tension.

Last edited by Rajith : 25th March 2014 at 11:43.
Old 25th March 2014, 11:43   #188
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Technically it is possible that you do a Temp. registration in Kerala and do the final registration in Karnataka. However you have to keep in mind that you have to prove to the RTO this is a bonafide transaction (Eq. not a stolen car). If your vehicle was registered in Kerala, you would have got an NOC. Since this is a Temp. registration, where there in no NOC, you will have to get a certificate from your local Police station that you are the genuine owner of the car. Might be a good idea to check if you can also get a NOC for Kerala (I am not sure if this is possible)

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 12:19   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
You can technically, but IIRC KA has an entry tax to the tune of ~10% if you buy the vehicle from another state, in addition to the road tax ! So it will not make sense at all.
No entry tax reqd, after VAT came into place.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:09   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
At 9.30 they are at Wipro Gate Sarjapur office and a long queue of outstation cars stopped. Another six days to go for financial year ending, you can expect them all over the places :(
I did see a lot of cops today on old Airport road. They were also present near Total Mall on ORR near Samsung , EMC2 and owing to their sudden appearance the commuters suddenly following rules there was a huge line of vehicles in all directions. They were mostly on the lookout for dark films , no-helmets and errant water tankers and cabbies.
Old 25th March 2014, 13:17   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I did see a lot of cops today on old Airport road. They were also present near Total Mall on ORR near Samsung , EMC2 and owing to their sudden appearance the commuters suddenly following rules there was a huge line of vehicles in all directions. They were mostly on the lookout for dark films , no-helmets and errant water tankers and cabbies.
Cops were present on hebbal- airport road at many places as early as 7AM. In addition to other-state vehicles, I could see all types of violations being fined.

I believe the situation will continue this way till March 31st.
Old 25th March 2014, 13:52   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Cops were present on hebbal- airport road at many places as early as 7AM. In addition to other-state vehicles, I could see all types of violations being fined.

I believe the situation will continue this way till March 31st.
Wish they could enforce road discipline while they are out there!

On another note, read that from today cops are cracking down on mobile usage (including bluetooth and hands free). Perhaps that could be the reason for a heavy presence.

One can read more at -
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../32616655.cms?
Old 25th March 2014, 14:10   #193
BHPian

Need to visit my sister who lives in Bellandur,ORR. Is it advisable to come via my car. These things are scaring me. There are no tickets on the Rail. I am not ready to pay 80-90k for a 2-3 day visit.

And also I need to make a trip to Shirdi by Car, how is the situation in rest of Karnataka?

Last edited by Archish : 25th March 2014 at 14:11.
Old 25th March 2014, 14:11   #194
Senior - BHPian

Two of my gym mates got fined early morning at 6:15 because they were not wearing helmets.

Looks like the police are in high gear. Hopefully they will continue doing this. I would have liked if they would penalize BBMP for every road cut and pot hole too
Old 25th March 2014, 14:13   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Need to visit my sister who lives in Bellandur,ORR. Is it advisable to come via my car. These things are scaring me. There are no tickets on the Rail. I am not ready to pay 80-90k for a 2-3 day visit.

And also I need to make a trip to Shirdi by Car, how is the situation in rest of Karnataka?
I see no cause for concern. Keep your vehicle documents like RC book, insurance , LTT in TN, PUC, driving license in place. If you intend to come by GQ, preserve the toll receipts. You are coming to stay for 2-3 days. So even if the cops catch you, show the documents and the toll receipts to the RTO guy and tell him that you will be leaving bangalore in about 3 days time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks