Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 17:38   #61
BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Not sure if I missed this somewhere but does anyone have reliable information on launch date in India? Thanks
All websites and magazines keep saying 2017 but what ive heard yesterday is that it may come in 2018 only. Which is a bummer. The CKD kits for the CRV come from Thailand so being limited supply they will have to launch it in 2017 or temporarily discontinue it from India if they dont launch it in 2017.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 21:39   #62
BHPian

The new Honda CR-V pictures look really nice. This CR-V top end diesel could cost close to INR 40L on the road, my guess.

Any further updates when will this new CR-V, 7 seater will be launched in India? Honda has really delayed launches of 'good' international products (e.g. new CR-V, HR-V [Vizel] etc.) in India for very long.
Old 25th April 2017, 14:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
The new Honda CR-V pictures look really nice. This CR-V top end diesel could cost close to INR 40L on the road, my guess.

Any further updates when will this new CR-V, 7 seater will be launched in India? Honda has really delayed launches of 'good' international products (e.g. new CR-V, HR-V [Vizel] etc.) in India for very long.
Recently somebody told me thats its coming in 2018 end. Thats a huge bummer it just goes to show that theyre in a huge deep slumber stage and need to be woken up.
Old 25th April 2017, 20:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This is the India-bound 2017 Honda CR-V 7-seater version, powered by a 1.6L turbo-charged diesel engine.
That said, an interesting point to note is that this would be perhaps the first diesel Honda mated to an automatic transmission in Indian market. Thanks.
Old 16th June 2017, 21:17   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Old (2015) vs new (2017), courtesy Paul Tan's Blog.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 15:31   #66
BHPian

Would you go for the Skoda Kodiaq now or rather wait for the Honda CR-V Diesel? Any thoughts?
Old 27th September 2017, 18:24   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Would you go for the Skoda Kodiaq now or rather wait for the Honda CR-V Diesel? Any thoughts?
I am sure the Kodiaq will have the VW handling genes, but for peace of mind I would go with new Honda CR-V Diesel anyday.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 18:35   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Old (2015) vs new (2017), courtesy Paul Tan's Blog.
Wow - hard to find the differences & harder to decide which looks better! The rear certainly looks like an inflated WR-V!! Good work in keeping the small pseudo SUV's styling in like with the larger brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Kodiaq or Tiguan any day for the same price. If the CR-V is going to cost anything over 35L OTR, makes no sense to go east rather than west. Especially with diesel engines!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:02   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Kodiaq or Tiguan any day for the same price. If the CR-V is going to cost anything over 35L OTR, makes no sense to go east rather than west. Especially with diesel engines!
The CR-V has two aces up it's sleeve this time -
1. ~160bhp vs Tiguan's 140
2. 7 seats vs Tiguan's 5

That said, Honda must wait to see how the market reacts to the Kodiaq and price it accordingly.

Hyundai Tucson : 21-28 lakhs
VW Tiguan : 31-35 lakhs

Toyota Fortuner : 29-35 lakhs
Ford Endeavour : 28-38 lakhs

A pricing of 25 - 32 lakhs will slot it neatly in between the Tucson and Tiguan, and undercutting the Fortuner/Endeavour.

Honda must not get overconfident and try to take the Fortuner and Endeavour head on in terms of pricing. The former cars are well established players whereas the CR-V has been missing in action for a while now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the CR-V is a potential blockbuster if they play their cards right.

Why they are dragging their feet, I don't know.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 27th September 2017 at 20:04.
Aaron:) is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:31   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

The big question mark is quality. Quality of both the overall product and the engine in particular. Honda's extreme and shameless cost cutting has eroded a lot of it's brand equity. The company's image today is a shadow of what it was 10 years ago. They'll have to dial back the clock and come up with a product that is properly engineered, made from quality components and build to exacting standards. This is something they do not seem capable of doing today.

The 1.5 iDTEC, let's face it, sucks. My diesel City is closing in on the 80k km mark and there is no doubt about it, this is the worst engine I have ever owned. The 6 speed MT is pretty bad too. They must fix the motor nice and proper, otherwise it will be slaughtered by the 2.0s from Jeep, Hyundai and VW/Skoda. The Germans are anyway just a simple remap way from 175bhp. The premium customer demands a genuinely premium product. One that claims to be so but actually is a cut-price compromise will just not work.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 27th September 2017 at 20:52.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 18:55   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I honestly feel Honda should stop playing with the idea of trying to make CR-V a success. Somehow with the image that they have created of themselves over last 5 years, nobody is going to shell out 30+ L for a car when similar money can get a German or American one.

Like Hyundai learnt and accepted that their SantaFe will not find buyers, Honda should; with the CR-V. The brand in India simply does not command the premium yet.
Old 28th September 2017, 19:26   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post

Honda must not get overconfident and try to take the Fortuner and Endeavour head on in terms of pricing. The former cars are well established players whereas the CR-V has been missing in action for a while now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the CR-V is a potential blockbuster if they play their cards right.

Why they are dragging their feet, I don't know.
I have a strong feeling, they will take on the Fortuner and Endeavour, head on.
And logically, why not? It has the horse power, 7 seats, features etc.

What it lacks though is, Off road ability & Street Cred/Presence, which the Big Ford and Fortuner have in spades. This will be the primary reason, why it will never be as successful as the above two.

Edit: Didn't realize that CR-V is going to use the 1.6 Diesel. If that is really the case, then it will face a really tough time ahead.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 28th September 2017 at 19:39.
Old 28th September 2017, 19:48   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The premium customer demands a genuinely premium product..
The CR-V has always been that. Never did Honda show any signs of cost cutting in it. Yes, it lacked few features but that's got to do with what variant the car was imported from Thailand.

This time, I expect it to be feature packed. While some Radar Based Functions won't be there for obvious reasons. It will also be assembled. Let's wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I honestly feel Honda should stop playing with the idea of trying to make CR-V a success. Somehow with the image that they have created of themselves over last 5 years, nobody is going to shell out 30+ L for a car when similar money can get a German or American one.

Like Hyundai learnt and accepted that their SantaFe will not find buyers, Honda should; with the CR-V. The brand in India simply does not command the premium yet.
Partly agree with you, Honda will not be aiming at X1 or GLA or Q3 because they know that at that price they don't have chance no matter how good the car may be.

What they may do however is position it in such a way that it does everything what that type of consumer needs and at a good price. That should help it. If Honda doesn't do that, I won't be worried. Honda will be blaming themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I have a strong feeling, they will take on the Fortuner and Endeavour, head on.
And logically, why not? It has the horse power, 7 seats, features etc.

What it lacks though is, Off road ability & Street Cred/Presence, which the Big Ford and Fortuner have in spades. This will be the primary reason, why it will never be as successful as the above two.
Endeavour & Fortuner ? My friend, those are completely different cars. What they do cannot be done by CR-V and vice versa.

Even though it has horses & features, the end user will be of 2 types

1. Tarmac Purpose
2. Limited Off Road & Tarmac

1 is where the CR-V does really well
2 is where Endeavour & Fortuner are best at.

If one is cornering like a cheetah, he'll definitely be in CR-V. While if someone is climbing like Bear, the 2 Ladder on Frame SUV's will be the one in action.

If someone isn't bothered about offroading, but wants a Premium Looking, Spacious and Polished car without compromising on FE, he'll definitely look at CR-V. Though this won't happen if Honda prices it above the 2 Pure Off- roaders.

I meant to say that CR-V has chance and will appeal to Soft users. Hence I see it being a success only if Honda play their cards right.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 28th September 2017 at 20:02. Reason: Of = If
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 20:02   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Endeavour & Fortuner ? My friend, those are completely different cars. What they do cannot be done by CR-V and vice versa.

Even though it has horses & features, the end user will be of 2 types

1. Tarmac Purpose
2. Limited Off Road & Tarmac

1 is where the CR-V does really well
2 is where Endeavour & Fortuner are best at.

If one is cornering like a cheetah, he'll definitely be in CR-V. While if someone is climbing like Bear, the 2 Ladder on Frame SUV's will be the one in action.

If someone isn't bothered about offroading, but wants a Premium Looking, Spacious and Polished car without compromising on FE, he'll definitely look at CR-V. Though this won't happen if Honda prices it above the 2 Pure Off- roaders.

I meant to say that CR-V has chance of priced well and will appeal to Soft users. Hence I see it being a success only if Honda play their cards right.
Very good points, my friend.
However, many buyers are simply not aware/don't care, which is good for which terrain etc.
Probably, that is a reason, why the SantaFe failed as well.

Lastly, many buyers will surely have reservations, in putting down big money for a 1.6 liter diesel.
Old 30th October 2017, 08:20   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda CR-V gets top rating in ANCAP crash test.

The tested model of Honda CR-V was introduced in Australia and New Zealand in July 2017. This ANCAP safety rating is based on crash tests conducted by ANCAP and ASEAN NCAP and applies to all CR-V variants (2WD and 4WD; 5 seat and 7 seat models).

Dual frontal, side chest and side head-protecting (curtain) airbags are
standard. Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) and lane support
systems (LSS) are available on some variants.

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-11.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks