Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 12:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element

Chevrolet India recalls the Enjoy to replace faulty air filter element:-

Chevrolet India identified that the air filter supplied for the Enjoy is faulty and they are keen enough to run a campaign to replace the air filter along with Engine oil and Engine oil filter for free of cost.

As explained by the service advisor , The Chevy India suspects that the faulty air filter could have took more dust in to the engine. So they replaced the engine oil and Engine oil filter along with the faulty air filter.

My complaint was increasing engine sound !

The next faulty part identified till date is the break pad/shoe .

As explained by the service adviser , The break pad is made of a mixture of asbestos and metal. In which faulty pads were found of the enjoy's manufactured till last August. The faulty is 'high metal content in the pad' which make the rotor to wear off faster. For the identified vehicles they are replacing the rotor for free of cost. But the SA advised that break pad has to be purchased, i don’t understand the logic behind it?
foby.sebastian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 11:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element

More on the recall.

Quote:
The Enjoy cars which were manufactured till August last year seem to have an additional fault in the brake pad which was “high metal content in the pad” and was causing the rotor wear off faster. The rotor is being replaced free of cost but the brake pads are not.
http://www.cartoq.com/chevrolet-enjo...er-and-brakes/

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th February 2014 at 11:29.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 11:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Chevrolet India recalls the Enjoy to replace faulty air filter element:-

The next faulty part identified till date is the break pad/shoe .

As explained by the service adviser , The break pad is made of a mixture of asbestos and metal.
Yet another recall for the already suffering Chevrolet, is certainly not going to help its name in India. Reputation once lost is very tough to regain.

Are you sure about the brake pads containing Asbestos in the Enjoy? IIRC, asbestos usage as a brake pad / lining material has been banned, as the material poses very high health hazards if one inhales it !

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2014 at 15:57. Reason: Lets focus on Chevy here
Old 25th February 2014, 11:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Are you sure about the brake pads containing Asbestos in the Enjoy? IIRC, asbestos usage as a brake pad / lining material has been banned, as the material poses very high health hazards if one inhales it !
If it is of asbestos, prepare for another recall
Asbestos Containing Materials That Remain Banned since 1977 in US.

Cheers!
Old 25th February 2014, 12:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Yet another recall for the already suffering Chevrolet, is certainly not going to help its name in India. Reputation once lost is very tough to regain.

Yes it is a mixture of Asbestos and metal and for the faulty ones the break pad will be more rigid.

Did ARAI allow brake pads with asbestos content to be used in India ? if it makes health hazard.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2014 at 15:58. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 25th February 2014, 15:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy has been showing up its head lately on our roads partly due to the recall/stoppage of the other utility vehicle Tavera which had issues with the engine/emissions itself and many operators etc bought Enjoy instead. Now with Tavera back in sale, the Enjoy is on the recall mode.

Now with so many quality issues cropping up with the Enjoy which not only includes the listed ones but also poor headlight assembly fogging lamps etc as reported in some ownership report as well, this strengthens the point of poor part quality sourced from Chinese vendors.

If the do not do a complete recheck on all the parts, something else or the other may fail which would lead to further hit on the brand and sales ultimately.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 15:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Enjoy has been showing up its head lately on our roads partly due to the recall/stoppage of the other utility vehicle Tavera which had issues with the engine/emissions itself and many operators etc bought Enjoy instead. Now with Tavera back in sale, the Enjoy is on the recall mode.

Now with so many quality issues cropping up with the Enjoy which not only includes the listed ones but also poor headlight assembly fogging lamps etc as reported in some ownership report as well, this strengthens the point of poor part quality sourced from Chinese vendors.

If the do not do a complete recheck on all the parts, something else or the other may fail which would lead to further hit on the brand and sales ultimately.
Yes I missed the foggy headlamps and fog lamps . Even I got the headlamps replaced in warranty.
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 16:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element

Also heard that these vehicles are coming with Chinese Tyres!!! We should wait for ~40000 kms reports so that the tyre life can be evaluated. I am sure that those tyres will not last more than 40000 kms.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 22:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Oil leak at the bottom of the power-steering oil tank, just identified
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element-image2126180887.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element-image4092367449.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element-image2709962870.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element-image3630442494.jpg  

Chevrolet Enjoy Recall: To replace faulty air filter element-image3193419513.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2014 at 12:10. Reason: As requested
Old 26th February 2014, 00:13   #10
BANNED

Another recall from this manufacturer!

I am sorry but why don't they take a break and review the whole process, QC, materials standardization and proper testing before market release!

They are spoiling their name by such recalls but actually it should be the other way round. Customers must be impressed when there is a recall but here GM is forever recalling their cars.

Hope their recall ordeal ends soon!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 14:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Chevy started their third campaign for Enjoy.

This time for ECU reprogramming (I don’t know what will be Chevy's feedback for those who have remapped ECU)

The campaign also consists of a free oil change along with free oil filter change and free air filter (For those who have not changed in previous campaign)

I got a call form Chevy Trivandrum dealer last week , as my Enjoy was due for 15,000 kilometers service. The advisor agreed to do the campaign along with the 15,000 kilometers service.
Old 9th May 2014, 16:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
I don’t know what will be Chevy's feedback for those who have remapped ECU
Get the new map installed on your vehicle ECU. Later on ask your tuner to download new map and edit it to remap car & load it up.

Got same done for my Ford Fiesta TDCi which was having some troubles with clutch wherein Ford guys installed new map to fix it. Later clutch switch was changed to fix the issue and had to get my car again remapped with new ECU map.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 13:41   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevrolet recalls Spark, Beat & Enjoy in India for RKE failure.

Quote:
Chevrolet has announced a recall silently for the Spark, Beat & Enjoy in India.

The recall has been issued to inspect the GM approved Remote Keyless Entry Installation system (RKE System) in certain Chevrolet vehicles manufactured between 2007 – 2014 (For Enjoy 2013 & 2014 only) and repair the installation, if required on free of charge basis.

Remote Keyless Entry system may have been installed incorrectly for the 2007-2014 Chevrolet Spark, Beat and Enjoy models (For Enjoy 2013 & 2014 only). This in some very isolated cases can prompt sparks resulting in potential damage.

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/1...r-rke-failure/

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2015 at 13:42.
Old 25th November 2015, 15:16   #14
BHPian

This is old news. No fresh recall has been initiated and Chevrolet is already in process of rectifying the wiring of remote locking
Got mine rectified in way back in july
Old 25th November 2015, 17:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have given my Enjoy for 50000 kilemeter service. (for the current engine its 20000Kilometers). They are changing all the pipes related to Turbo after finding an minor oil leak on the turbo hose.

The Enjoy was given for service on last Monday and still in service center awaiting few more pipes to arrive.

Even though its the best economical alternative to Innova. I would request fellow BHPIANs to never ever recommend Enjoy to any one, as Enjoy as a product has serious design flaws related to engine.

As a vintage car enthusiast I always loved Chevy. But the current situation of Chevy is like 'Morons sitting to design vehicles'.

Chevy sucks!!!

Note:- sorry for being arrogant

I still wonder why other manufactures are not tapping this segment to make a vehicle with below mentioned features.

1. Captian seats in middle row
2. 20+ KMPL on highway for diesel
3. rear-wheel drive
4. Sleek design rather than Boxy (7 seater MUV will tend to be boxy but Innova's design is kind of acceptable)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks