Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 10:59   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the new Figo at a stockyard yesterday. I was told this is the top end and looks like no leather for it as in Aspire

Sorry for small pics as uploading from the app

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442553907.101962.jpg[The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442553994.977116.jpgThe next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442554123.361625.jpgATTACH]1416388[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442553936.152859.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:27   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
No grab handles (3:45). Does that confirm curtain airbags?
I think the presence/absence of grab handles is not proof of absence/presence of curtain airbags . My car has both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Edit: Can anyone explain what is 'TRANSP' on the odo display??
I am guessing it's some kind of Transport mode to prevent abuse of the car while in transit.
StarrySky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:34   #243
BHPian

Somehow the Ford Aspire CS looks better than the Ford Aspire Hatchback. A substantial differential pricing for Ford Aspire Hatchback would be required as Ford Aspire CS would be a competitor as well.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:39   #244
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to Sandeep Sidhu for sending in this image. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Here's an image of the interior of the new Figo hatchback.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-img20150916wa0011.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 18th September 2015 at 11:42.
Aditya is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:05   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think the presence/absence of grab handles is not proof of absence/presence of curtain airbags . My car has both.
Yes some cars have both. But I remember reading in the Ecosport review thread that grab handles are missing on the top variant with curtain airbags while they are available in the other variants, so extrapolating from there , since I can't think of any reason to skip grab handles otherwise.
JonSnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:08   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Black interiors

Sense prevails.

The 1.5L DCT has good potential to sell. After all, it's not only the enthusiasts who are buying the Polo TSi.
Old 18th September 2015, 12:12   #247
Senior - BHPian

Here's wishing Ford does well with the Figo. They have a car that is definitely better looking than the one that is going out. I remember how when they designed the old Figo, they tried hard to break away from their 'Ford spares are costly' image and went into things as minute as designing a 3 piece external real view mirror so that the Customer would have to replace only that part of the mirror that needed replacement

Looks like they are not coming out with a contrasting burgundy dashboard too ;-)

Last edited by TheARUN : 18th September 2015 at 12:12. Reason: Grammar
Old 18th September 2015, 12:24   #248
Senior - BHPian

The aggressive pricing of Figo Aspire will ensure that the hatchback is priced accordingly; I am assuming a minimum of 50k difference between the two. This means the new figo base petrol with 2 airbags could be out in the market at less than 4.5 Lac !

The Tier-1 and Tier-2 cities will provide better options to buyers and the cars that could face the heat

- MSIL (Celerio, Wagon-R and Ritz Petrol)
- Toyota (Etios Liva - Petrol)
- Tata (Bolt - Petrol)
- Nissan (Micra Petrol)

- Renault may take a pie through Kwid as it is expected to be made available at compelling prices with decent feature list.

All in all, the festive season for sub-5 lac category will spice up with Kwid and Figo launches.

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 18th September 2015 at 12:34.
Old 18th September 2015, 12:53   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Edit: Can anyone explain what is 'TRANSP' on the odo display??
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I am guessing it's some kind of Transport mode to prevent abuse of the car while in transit.
Even I think it is the transport mode.
The vehicle is placed in a transport mode at the completion of production to reduce battery drain.One may think of it as "Sleep Mode". Various features (eg Central locking/Remote Keyless Entry) may be disabled or behave differently when in Transport mode. The vehicle automatically reverts to normal operation after 80 km. To disable or turn off the transport mode in Fords in the US, the procedure used to be something like this:
Verify the battery is fully charged.
With ignition in RUN, press brake pedal 5 times.
Press hazard switch 4 times (on, off, on, off).
HolyDriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 16:49   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Badging for the airbag. Hence safe to assume that the car will be equipped with at least 4 balloons.
Kudos to Ford if its indeed 4-6 airbags.
Quote:
The steering looks more grey than black to me. I prefer the Aspire black and piano black combination to this mundane looking combo.
Steering and the dash look too gray. Is there no leather-wrapped steering even in the top version?
Old 18th September 2015, 18:32   #251
BHPian

Nice scoop Wildy! Thanks. Saw the video only today and below are my 2 cents. Of course, friends have posted similar impressions in prior posts too.

Facts what we an see from images and videos as of now
  • No rear parking sensors or camera
  • No request sensors on door handles (and no start button either)
  • Driver and passenger side airbags
  • Same problem as Aspire in the front co-driver seat ‘coziness’ with the stereo / waterfall console (see thumbnail at end of post)
  • Thumb contours in the steering wheel
  • Fixed rear headrests
  • Diesel tacho has ambitious 5000 RPM redline mark!
  • No leather seats and no leather wrapped steering wheel too
  • Aspire parts bin sharing is very evident (steering, storage spaces / cubby holes, ACC, USB + AUX in, steering mounted controls, ORVM adjustment mechanism etc.)
  • Boot lamp

Assumptions what we have deduced
  • No 6 airbags and only 4 airbags
  • Steering wheel looks to be black/grey (grey might be a lighting effect while shooting the video)

Wish-list what we wish for - sigh!
  • Have 3 automatics – with ABS only, with 2 airbags + ABS, another with 4/6 airbags + ABS; this might cater to different people with different needs
  • Have 6 airbags in top end models (both petrol and diesel)
  • Have ABS as standard is all models
Attached Images

turboturtle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 19:49   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I saw the new Figo at a stockyard yesterday. I was told this is the top end and looks like no leather for it as in Aspire

Sorry for small pics as uploading from the app

Attachment 1416387[Attachment 1416389Attachment 1416391ATTACH]1416388[/ATTACH]
Mobike, Does the call look small? Asking this since it will be pitched against Swift and Punto Evo both of which have some presence , but the current Figo lacks.
Old 18th September 2015, 20:41   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Mobike, Does the call look small? Asking this since it will be pitched against Swift and Punto Evo both of which have some presence , but the current Figo lacks.
If news / rumors are to be believed, the hatch shares the same wheelbase as the Aspire compact sedan. This means the car will definitely not look small. And doesn't look so in the pics / videos shared too. In terms of road presence, well, I guess we will find out once we see the car in flesh, but should be pretty similar to Aspire IMO.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 21:14   #254
BHPian

With just five days to go to launch this product, their Official website and their Facebook doesn't have a single clue about this. Can't understand their marketing strategy. Honda lured in their website while releasing Jazz. I guess, Ford seems to be failing in that. These days the Internet plays a vital role in marking for anything. Hopefully, these American giants learn that.
Old 19th September 2015, 01:07   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
With just five days to go to launch this product, their Official website and their Facebook doesn't have a single clue about this. Can't understand their marketing strategy. Honda lured in their website while releasing Jazz. I guess, Ford seems to be failing in that. These days the Internet plays a vital role in marking for anything. Hopefully, these American giants learn that.
I guess that Aspire is pretty new, and Ford doesn't want the shift of limelight this soon.
I'm a little surprised by the choice of launch dates. There isn't enough breathing space for Aspire. Aspire should have been in the market couple of months earlier. But I think they didn't go for lunch till they had plenty of supply.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks