Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 18:51   #616

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Please advise on my approach. appreciate your help. Given that 1.5 AT will be available only in december, i had pushed out to 2016 models as i dont gain anything by it. based on past year price increases, what is the likely hood of price increase in 2016 for 2016 model. will they increase the price immediately after few months of relase
Old 22nd October 2015, 19:30   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Just took delivery from the stockyard;
Heartiest congratulations for your new ride. New Figo looks really smashing in white. Would be eagerly waiting to see how the 15inch rims enhance the stance of this already good looking car.

A little question, is the front grille painted in silver color or is it with chrome strips in the Trend variant?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd October 2015 at 08:44. Reason: Removed attachments from quoted post
Old 22nd October 2015, 23:01   #618
BHPian

Guys.. Took the delivery of black Figo Titanium 1.5D today. Experience at the dealership was very positive, wishing that it continues with the ASS.
The car sure does feel like a big upgrade from my Santro. Will try to post some images on the weekend. Cheers!!
teemus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 23:35   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Guys.. Took the delivery of black Figo Titanium 1.5D today. Experience at the dealership was very positive, wishing that it continues with the ASS.
The car sure does feel like a big upgrade from my Santro. Will try to post some images on the weekend. Cheers!!

Congratulations teemus. Can you tell us the engine power characteristics like how it behaves in city bumper to bumper second gear pick ups and in contrast highway manners. Thanks
PravStar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:43   #620
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations ! Do post pics and a few words about your delivery experience as well. I too booked one today.. Black Titanium TDCi !

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Leaving for the stockyard shortly, will post pics by afternoon

Regarding tyres, il be upsizing to 195/55 R15 which is the EU spec tyre for the Figo/Ka. It will be Continental Max Contact 5
Congrats, do post some pics once ready !

So it must be okay to upgrade rim and tyre sizes without affecting warranty?

Regards.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd October 2015 at 04:19. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:48   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats !
Its sure gonna be a very happy upgrade

Do post pics soon and enjoy the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post

A little question, is the front grille painted in silver color or is it with chrome strips in the Trend variant?
Its a silver painted one , but the finish is good.
And its a good fit for white and silver colored cars.

Last edited by johannskaria : 23rd October 2015 at 00:51.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 01:12   #622
BHPian

I am totally confused between Grand i10 asta petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium? Rs. 30000 discount going on on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:42   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I am totally confused between Grand i10 asta petrol and New Ford Figo Titanium? Rs. 30000 discount going on on Grand i10. No discounts on Figo.

Hey,
There were high discounts going on for grand i10. Maybe because of Diwali getting near they have reduced the discount offered. It was close to 60,000 few days back. Please check with the dealer and push for more if you are considering i10 over figo.
I haven't driven petrol figo but grand i10 with petrol engine (1.2L) is one gem to drive in the city. It is very peppy.
Happy hunting.
Cheers
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:11   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PravStar View Post
Congratulations teemus. Can you tell us the engine power characteristics like how it behaves in city bumper to bumper second gear pick ups and in contrast highway manners. Thanks
I am telling this after a long (read around 15km) test drive of the TDCi in varying conditions. We were 5 in the car (including the SA). In bumper to bumper traffic, the car pulls effortlessly in 2nd gear. Even pas bumps, there is no issue. You can pull away cleanly in 2nd. It is only in inclines that you may need to shift to 1st. Also note, if there is only 1-2 persons, then you can use 2nd gear in almost all conditions.

Regarding highway performance, with a full load of 5, car pulls of quite easily from speeds as low as 45-50kmph. There is no hint of turbo lag nor does the engine feel dead. Its as if you are in a high displacement petrol car with linear acceleration.

Regarding highway manners, I feel it is adequate for most people out there. High speed stability is good till the ton (the max I had driven in the TD). Steering is light at low speeds and is a boon for u-turns. At speeds its sufficiently weighed up. Body roll is less, bumps do filter through but its not at all a deal breaker. NVH levels are good too even at triple digit speeds. Only grouse is that some vibrations are felt on the pedals. But its not a deal breaker at all.

Last edited by racer_ash : 23rd October 2015 at 09:15. Reason: adding info about highway manners
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:56   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PravStar View Post
Thanks PravStar!

I took the delivery in the evening, during peak hours, so had to cross over to the other side of the city managing the traffic. To tell you the truth, it was a breeze! The way the car responds, you may be mistaken thinking it is a petrol engine. The clutch though is longish compared to my Santro and is not at all hard to use. Regarding highway manners, I have a trip planned to Mumbai for next weekend (not this one as I am yet to get the registration number). I will surely post my experience then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Congratulations ! Do post pics and a few words about your delivery experience as well. I too booked one today.. Black Titanium TDCi !
Thanks and Congratulations to you too!
I will surely update regarding the delivery experience soon by Monday or Tuesday as this weekend is going to be very busy with a family function at home.

It looks absolutely gorgeous in black. Let the pictures talk for themselves.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-20151022_163139.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-20151022_163153.jpg

Quote:
Congrats, do post some pics once ready !

So it must be okay to upgrade rim and tyre sizes without affecting warranty?
Even though, Ford Ka has 195 profile tyres, but my SA warned me of voiding the Warranty. I think, that is because, Figo (& Asprire) might be extensively tested with 175 profile tyres in India and the suspension might be tuned for that. I am not an expert but that is what I feel.

I am not planning an upgrade anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
When I was still deciding for my next car, I also had Grand i10 in my list. Both had almost similar on road price for diesel. I TD Figo and then Grand i10, needless to say Grand i10 never had a chance in front of the 1.5D. Also, the space and legroom was also a deciding factor.

In fact, I was getting Rs. 20,000/- for my old Santro, Rs. 60,000/- as exchange bonus and Insurance free. In all around Rs. 100,000/- less than Figo. Still, I chose Figo over Grand.

If I were considering petrol, the story might have been different perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I am telling this after a long (read around 15km) test drive of the TDCi in varying conditions. We were 5 in the car (including the SA). In bumper to bumper traffic, the car pulls effortlessly in 2nd gear. Even pas bumps, there is no issue. You can pull away cleanly in 2nd. It is only in inclines that you may need to shift to 1st. Also note, if there is only 1-2 persons, then you can use 2nd gear in almost all conditions.
Exactly my experience, plus, with just a little free road, floor it in any gear, and you will have a wide grin plastered on your face.

Quote:
Regarding highway performance, with a full load of 5, car pulls of quite easily from speeds as low as 45-50kmph. There is no hint of turbo lag nor does the engine feel dead. Its as if you are in a high displacement petrol car with linear acceleration.
True that! I haven't taken her to the highway yet, but with the 2 TD's on open stretches with 5 on board, it was pulling effortlessly. My parents were pleasantly surprised with the ride quaity and NVH. Dad would not believe it is a diesel.

Last edited by teemus : 23rd October 2015 at 10:03. Reason: added a quote
teemus is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:32   #626
BHPian

Congrats on the ownership of the all new Figo TDCi 1.5D, you are surely going to enjoy the ride quality and wishing you happy miles.
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:47   #627
BHPian

Congratulations teemus. It looks absolutely gorgeous in black.

I will be taking delivery of my silver Figo TDCI on Monday The SA just gave me the VIN. Can someone please help me decode this. MAJGXXMTKGFJ19948
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:53   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
The SA just gave me the VIN. Can someone please help me decode this. MAJGXXMTKGFJ19948
Build Date: 27.09.2015
Vehicle Line: B562
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Series 21
Engine: 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.37
Emission: Bharat 4
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"IND"
Paint: Ingot Silver Metallic 2
Interior Colour: Charcoal Black Interior

You (and others) can decode Ford VINs yourselves at https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:10   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

You (and others) can decode Ford VINs yourselves at https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Just to update, even if your SA provides you a 7-digit VIN number, don't worry the first 10 digits are common

MAJGXXMTKGAB12345

Also, for Ford vehicles, VIN serves the dual purpose of Engine number and Chassis number (only VIN is enough for insurance purpose).
teemus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:27   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks PravStar!

I took the delivery in the evening, during peak hours, so had to cross over to the other side of the city managing the traffic. To tell you the truth, it was a breeze! The way the car responds, you may be mistaken thinking it is a petrol engine. The clutch though is longish compared to my Santro and is not at all hard to use. Regarding highway manners, I have a trip planned to Mumbai for next weekend (not this one as I am yet to get the registration number). I will surely post my experience then.

My parents were pleasantly surprised with the ride quaity and NVH. Dad would not believe it is a diesel.
Congrats and have a great time driving. First time saw a black Figo in photographs. Fabulous
Closed Thread

Most Viewed