Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 12:37   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Thanks arunphilip!

I will definitely check this out if I find the noise too disconcerting while actually using the car.

My guess was more on the line of insufficient rubber beading around the doors or the rubber beading not working efficiently. Let me explain, the sound that I am talking about is while closing the door, it feels the exposed metal of the door panel is hitting on the BIW of the car. This should normally be prevented by the door rubber beading, seems that is not happening. It feels like, if someone shuts the door real hard (yes, some folks do) it will definitely hit and make even worse noise.

If indeed it is the result of design of the lock, as you say, then perhaps regular application of grease will help.

Moreover, I will have to check also if it's only for the Demo cars which are abused, obviously.
Congratulations !

I'm also more or less confirmed on Black TDCi 1.5 Titanium but planning to book around month-end and hopefully take delivery in November. Eagerly looking forward to your buying experience and beyond. Planning to take a detailed TD soon as I could do only a very short TD last week.
Old 8th October 2015, 13:30   #557
BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal1987 View Post
How much is the Figo Titanium 1.5 TDCi costing on road in Pune? I am also planning to book one next month if i get some year end discounts. If not, i would be booking in January.
Quote:

Here is a price list for Pune, from Talera Ford.
Attachment 1422630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Congratulations !

I'm also more or less confirmed on Black TDCi 1.5 Titanium but planning to book around month-end and hopefully take delivery in November. Eagerly looking forward to your buying experience and beyond. Planning to take a detailed TD soon as I could do only a very short TD last week.
Thanks dtox!

Please find the price list attached above.

Figo Titanium 1.5D is about 8.0L on road.

.. and here is the price list for Kochi, if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

The price list for Kerala. The DCT and TDCi is terrific value given the kit on the offer. The pricing of DCT is aggressive as its technically not a 'small car' given the 1.5L engine.
Attachment 1419813

Last edited by teemus : 8th October 2015 at 13:37. Reason: added a quote
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 23:01   #558
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of people here have questions about the door closing sound. This post #54 by KreativeGeek in the Aspire thread might help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3813926
samaspire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 23:11   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJN View Post
I specifically checked out the headroom between Aspire and Figo since they look similar from the outside. I am 6' and my head was directly touching the roof in rear seat of Figo. But that was not the case in Aspire. It seems that either the seat or roof design is different in Figo.
One of the few differences between the twins!
Thanks for checking it out. So have you decided between the new Figo and Aspire, in case you are buying. Feedback from fellow city-bhpians will always be helpful. I am waiting for pricing and TD of Baleno to take final call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Had a look at the figo yesterday. Checked head room difference between the figo and aspire and found the reason for the mixed feedback from many about the rear headroom.
The reason for the confusion is two fold
1. The fixed vs adjustable head rests. The fixed head rests forces us to lean back to rest our heads and in doing so we go outside the inside roof contour of the figo
2. The slightly changeg roof profile on the insdie of the figo which suddenly dips down at the level of the back seat rest.
So when you sit with your head straight you have enough head room but when you lean back on the head rest your head is very close to the dip in teh roof.

Quote:
An update, I have taken the plunge and have booked Figo 1.5D Titanium with Talera on Tuesday. After much deliberation went ahead with Tuxedo Black color (I am already having nightmares of maintaining this color, but that's a different matter!). I am given an oral commitment of a delivery by Dussehera. Waiting impatiently!!
Congratulations! Great choice! Black would look awesome though I agree it will need slightly more care as compared to say silver/grey. Any specific reasons why you preferred Figo over Aspire? How much booking amount did you pay? SA had told me Rs 30,000 for Aspire and Rs 5000 cancellation charges. Figo price list says Rs 20,000 and refund of entire amount in case of cancellation though I doubt if dealer will give entire refund. Also, the price list you had posted is the same that I had obtained in Sep. Hence,I assume Figo prices won't change in Oct (festive season)and hence the wait for Baleno pricing.
Quote:
Insurance as confirme by SA, I am free to buy from outside, which I will, and save some bucks. Negotiated hard for dropping the handling charges but the SA said it was not possible. Even talked to the higher ups in the dealership. Contemplating whether to write to Ford about this or not.
The SA had told me the same, can buy from outside. But on many online websites, the"new Figo" is not listed yet (Aspire is). Also, do give a try by writing to Ford about the handling charges, what's the harm in it. Also, I read a few posts back that some bhpians did write to ford about this.
Quote:
there is a new 3M outlet right next door to my home
Which new 3M outlet are you talking about? the Karvenagar one?

I am waiting for Baleno's pricing and TD since am considering buying a petrol (due to currently limited running) and Figo petrol is not at all stunning compared to competition or the diesel variant. [Though mind wants Figo/Aspire diesel]. Keep me posted about your developments and wish you good luck with the new purchase
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 09:15   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Congratulations! Great choice!

Any specific reasons why you preferred Figo over Aspire?
Thanks!! I am really excited!!

Regarding finalizing Figo; in fact Aspire was never in contention. I am not a fan of CS, though Aspire is a looker and dare I say perhaps the best amongst the current CS.

My search was limited to hatchbacks as I love the practicality of the boot and foldable rear seat. Me and my wife do make use of the tall boot area to bring potted plants brought from Mumbai (lot cheaper than here in Pune) which would not be possible in a CS. Also, the vast boot area with the seat folded is also utilized sometimes.

Also, to consider Aspire within my budget would mean going down to Trend version, which did not have Alloys and ABS, amongst other things.

Quote:
Black would look awesome though I agree it will need slightly more care as compared to say silver/grey.
Tell me about it!

I have already subscribed to so many detailing threads here and reading them religiously! By the time the car arrives, I hope to be ready after devouring 100's of pages of detailing info or at least the idiots guide.

Can anyone help on how to avoid the title of the thread while inserting link? I wanted to hyperlink the link to "the idiots guide" only but it's just not happening.

Quote:
How much booking amount did you pay? SA had told me Rs 30,000 for Aspire and Rs 5000 cancellation charges. Figo price list says Rs 20,000 and refund of entire amount in case of cancellation though I doubt if dealer will give entire refund. Also, the price list you had posted is the same that I had obtained in Sep. Hence,I assume Figo prices won't change in Oct (festive season)and hence the wait for Baleno pricing.
I booked with Rs. 20,000/-. No mention of any price hike whatsoever by the SA. Though, with Ford you never know.

Quote:
The SA had told me the same, can buy from outside. But on many online websites, the"new Figo" is not listed yet (Aspire is). Also, do give a try by writing to Ford about the handling charges, what's the harm in it. Also, I read a few posts back that some bhpians did write to ford about this.
As I said, let him come back to me regarding Supplier discount then will go ahead with contacting Ford regarding handling charges.

Quote:
Which new 3M outlet are you talking about? the Karvenagar one?
Yes, indeed. It's less than 100m from my place.

Quote:
I am waiting for Baleno's pricing and TD since am considering buying a petrol (due to currently limited running) and Figo petrol is not at all stunning compared to competition or the diesel variant. [Though mind wants Figo/Aspire diesel]. Keep me posted about your developments and wish you good luck with the new purchase
Figo petrol has zero FTD factor. I have test driven Aspire petrol and my ageing Santro felt better (an exaggeration but you get the drift).

I am not following the Baleno thread, but considering it's going to be sold in Nexa, I expect it priced similar to or just under Jazz or i20. I may be completely wrong in this assumption but I didn't give it a thought as Figo had already won my heart!
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 13:51   #561
SJN
BHPian

Quote:
An update, I have taken the plunge and have booked Figo 1.5D Titanium with Talera on Tuesday. After much deliberation went ahead with Tuxedo Black color (I am already having nightmares of maintaining this color, but that's a different matter!). I am given an oral commitment of a delivery by Dussehera. Waiting impatiently!!

Already received last evening a welcome mail from Ford India; which does not provide any more details but at least I am sure that the order has been placed. Hopefully, I will get some updates regarding the status of the order. If indeed that's the case it will be kudos to Ford in terms of transperancy! Let's see.

Insurance as confirme by SA, I am free to buy from outside, which I will, and save some bucks. Negotiated hard for dropping the handling charges but the SA said it was not possible. Even talked to the higher ups in the dealership. Contemplating whether to write to Ford about this or not.

Perhaps, I will wait till I get some news on the Supplier discount (my company is a direct supplier for Ecosport - Dashboards and Door Panels). If I am refused the supplier discount too, then will surely write to Ford about handling charges.

One question, do I have to haggle for getting at least some kind of wax coating from the dealer or will he do it by himself? Or is it recommented to get it done outside with 3M (there is a new 3M outlet right next door to my home)? I am more concerned about this due to the black color. Suggestions are eagerly anticipated from fellow bhp'ians.
Congrats on the booking . Good to hear that your SA did not insist on buying insurance from them. In my case, the SA and his manager both kept on insisting to buy insurance from them. They even sent me a pdf of how Ford preferred insurance is much better than outside insurance. This was one of the reasons I did not book my car with them.

Regarding 3M coating, we have to pay extra to get it done from the 3M guys at the dealer. If you directly go to a 3M outlet, the charges are higher but quality might be better. My SA told me to get the coating done before delivery so that the car's original look is maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Thanks for checking it out. So have you decided between the new Figo and Aspire, in case you are buying. Feedback from fellow city-bhpians will always be helpful. I am waiting for pricing and TD of Baleno to take final call.
I have already booked Aspire last month and will get delivery (hopefully) next week . Once New Figo was launched, I was checking out if there are any differences between the twins besides boot and rear looks. This is when somebody mentioned about the difference in rear seat headroom.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th October 2015 at 14:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
SJN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 11:47   #562
BHPian

Hi, has anybody taken delivery of the Figo yet ?

Regards.
Old 11th October 2015, 16:51   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB's drive report of the Figo is up. Very positive about the Diesel, not so much about the DCT AT.

Excerpts: : Diesel MT

Quote:
We managed to drive both the 1.5 TDCi diesel and 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol with the 6-speed dual clutch gearbox.
The Ford Figo diesel variant is powered by a 1.5-liter four cylinder TDCi engine from the Ford EcoSport. While the previous Ford Figo produced 69 PS from a smaller 1.4-liter Duratorq, the diesel engine in the new Figo produces 100 PS and 215 Nm of torque, thus making it the most powerful diesel hatchback for under 10 lakhs.
Torque delivery from the engine to the front wheels is linear, but it thrusts you forward with untamed eagerness, once the turbo spools at 1800 rpm. Power at the low-end rev range doesn’t feel lagged, and allows for brisk take-offs at second gear from single digit speeds. The Figo then comes to life between the mid and high rev ranges, where the relatively wide power band enables the car to keep pushing until 170 km/hr in 5th gear.
The diesel variant is certainly a car that will put a smile even on a driving enthusiast’s face.
The 5-speed manual gearbox has short throws, but was not smooth in shifting the gears. As for the clutch, it felt light, and has a predictable bite point. Thanks to the good low-end torque, it’s quite hard to stall the Figo from the get-go.

Petrol Automatic

Quote:
On paper, the 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol variant has the figures of an Indian hot-hatch. It produces 112 PS at 6,300 rpm and 136 Nm of torque at 4,250 rpm. It is also paired to a 6-speed dual clutch automatic gearbox as standard. The only other hatchback with a powerful petrol motor and dual-clutch gearbox is the VW Polo GT.
However, it doesn’t feel sporty or exciting to drive as what the specs promise. The naturally aspirated engine has a strong high range, but relaxed mid and low ranges. This confuses the DCT gearbox when the user has a heavy foot. As a safe option, it goes down two gears to access the screaming high rev range, although it sometimes appears unnecessary. This can be neutralized by setting it in manual mode, where the drive can change gears via an odd button on the gear selector.

Around the evening traffic of Delhi, the 6-speed DCT was smooth, and contributed to its effortless city drivability. But on a road as empty and wide as the Yamuna Expressway, it doesn’t feel as lively and eager as its diesel brother.
Ride and Handling

Quote:
The new Figo has the conventional McPherson strut system and anti-roll bars in the front, and semi-independent torsion beam with gas and oil shocks at the back.
The cement roads of the Yamuna Expressway were a good litmus test for the Figo’s ride quality and stability at high speeds. After driving a considerable number of kilometers, it appears that Ford has slightly softened the suspension for a better ride quality. Most of the small thuds are absorbed with relative ease, while jerks from deep potholes trickle into the cabin. That being said, the new Figo’s suspension instills confidence in going over small road obstacles without much of a fuss.
Although the planned route was mostly straight, we managed to throw the Figo around a couple of corners. And fortunately, the new Figo keeps its excellent handling characteristics intact. It doesn’t exhibit much roll around quick corners, and keeps itself stuck to the road at most times.
Even at high speeds on the expressway, the Figo feels so stable and planted that it’s sometimes hard to believe what the speedometer is indicating. Pair that with the 100 PS diesel engine, and you’ve got a car that screams “exciting”!
Fans of the previous Figo’s hydraulic steering may find the new electric power steering a bit too artificial. Regardless, the new EPAS is much easier to turn around slow-moving city traffic, with the petrol variant being even more so, and the system adds just about the right weight at high speeds. This is further complemented by the new steering wheel design, which is well sculpted and feels nice to hold.
Source: Indianautosblog
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 19:59   #564
BHPian

Hello Everyone -

Does anyone have an insight on the Gear Ratios for the Figo and Aspire (TDCi) ?

I have searched through the manual and various other blogs, I could not find it anywhere. Usually ACI publishes them, when they do a review, haven't seen one from them as well.

If they be on the shorter side than the one's on the Aspire, the in-gear acceleration would be still better. Typical case of Duster and Terrano, same block, but thanks to the shorter gear ratios, Duster makes the Terrano bite the dust in in-gear timings.

If anyone has a pointer to where it can be found or has the data, I would be thankful if it can be shared across.

Happy Motoring.
Old 11th October 2015, 20:49   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Does anyone have an insight on the Gear Ratios for the Figo and Aspire (TDCi) ?
By decoding one of our member's VIN for his 1.5 TDCi diesel Aspire at the https://www.etis.ford.com/ site I got:
  • 1st gear: 3.58
  • 2nd: 1.93
  • 3rd: 1.28
  • 4th: 0.95
  • 5th: 0.76
  • Final drive ratio: 3.37

Last edited by arunphilip : 11th October 2015 at 20:49. Reason: Clarified its a diesel
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:08   #566
BHPian

Do lower variants of the new Figo (Titanium and below) get phone controls on the steering wheel. In pics, I dont see dedicated buttons for call receiving/ending on the steering whreas I see them on the HU. Does that mean that one has to access these buttons on the HU to receive/end calls via Bluetooth?
Old 16th October 2015, 12:04   #567
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Do lower variants of the new Figo (Titanium and below) get phone controls on the steering wheel. In pics, I dont see dedicated buttons for call receiving/ending on the steering whreas I see them on the HU. Does that mean that one has to access these buttons on the HU to receive/end calls via Bluetooth?
Only Titanium+ variant get steering mounted phone controls. Titanium variant gets buttons on the left-thumb side that give you controls to the music system. The phone controls are on the main console.

Last edited by methecupid : 16th October 2015 at 12:07.
methecupid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 20:58   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Only Titanium+ variant get steering mounted phone controls. Titanium variant gets buttons on the left-thumb side that give you controls to the music system. The phone controls are on the main console.
Steering mounted audio and phone controls start from the Trend variant itself on the new Figo.

You can check out this video by Ford India showcasing the car inside out.

Hammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 21:08   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Not really!! The Previous and Next buttons on the steering wheel, of Titanium variant, are used also for answering the phone. They have double function.

Previous song button to Answer the phone and Next button to Hang up. Even on HU it's the same in fact.

Last edited by teemus : 16th October 2015 at 21:13.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 23:27   #570
BHPian

I'm in a dilemma of sorts. Although I have made up my mind on the Figo Trend variant, i'm very confused between the Petrol (manual) or the diesel. Usage is going to be quite limited, around 20km a day on weekdays. Mainly for city roundabout. I know the diesel does not make economic sense for such low running however the Petrol feels quite underpowered and left me feeling Iike I was missing something. The brilliant chassis begs for more power. While i have been reading reviews on the diesel engine being quite a scorcher, Does the diesel engine warrant an extra 1.2 lacs premium over the Petrol one ? Suggestions please

Last edited by suhas_raj : 16th October 2015 at 23:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed