Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:14   #331
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Thanks Avi bhai for the quick turnaround.! you are becoming a Wikipedia of the Team BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

- Music system won't turn on if seatbelts are not worn (parental control programmed through Ford MyDock).
No matter what the pricing and features offered, I sincerely hope the above one should save some fatalities on the road.
RJ411 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:14   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Points from the launch:

- All-new Figo launched on the same date as the earlier gen Figo 6 years ago in 2009.
IIRC the Figo (2010) was launched (as in, showing the car) in September 2009 but available for sale in March/April 2010.

The Marketing buzz surrounding the new Figo is 100 times less than what the earlier Figo saw. There was absolute bombing of social media with Figo tit bits, leaks, price predictions etc. and even traditional Print and TVC coverage. It saw a new low with Aspire and Figo reaches the abyss.

Outside of the petrolheads world, does anyone even know that there are two new Fords available to buy? More importantly, the 30+K people who buy the Dzire and Swift EVERY month. I really doubt.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:14   #333
BHPian

Ford is really spot on when it comes to pricing Figo as well as Aspire. Variant to variant comparison with best selling Swift, we can clearly say who has the upper hand. With better engines and feature rich car, I don`t see any reason for anyone to have a second thought on picking this one.
Ford has a winner in its hands, way to go Ford. Chevrolet would you mind learning a thing or two from Ford.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 23rd September 2015 at 16:18.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:15   #334
BHPian

Looks so well specked and priced.

Ford stirred up the Mini SUV segment by Eco-Sport which has been selling well. Now with the Figo twins and the upcoming New Endavour, ford is the showroom to be in.

Congratulation to Ford and wish them the best
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:29   #335
BHPian

The pricing from Ford is spot-on. The new Figo looks like an excellent package and the power figures for both petrol and diesel are impressive. The car also has good looks. Now if it drives like the old Figo, it will be perfect.
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:34   #336
BHPian

Ford definitely has a winner in their hands. If I were looking for a hatch back or sub 4m sedan, I would be totally confused with the options on hand. However for folks who value safety and driving pleasure, they wouldn't look beyond the Aspire twins.

Tough competition ahead for Hyundai and Maruti and numbers from December onwards should reflect on it. I got a SMS wherein there was a whopping discount of 50000 or 60000 on the Grand i10 if booked before September 27th Since I wasn't interested deleted it
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:39   #337
BHPian

Wonderful pricing by Ford! The All New Figo looks to be a much better overall package than the old Figo. As an existing Figo TDCi Titanium owner, I'm eagerly waiting for the T-BHP official review to derive at the delta improvements (which are plenty I know). I sincerely hope Ford markets this aggressively especially since Figo as a brand is already fairly established.

Itching to head to the Ford showroom to take a TD now !!
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:42   #338
Senior - BHPian

There is no mention of Trend+ on Ford's website as well as on prominant publications website. It's a little confusing!
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:11   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Guys pls anyone clarify whether it is with 6 speed manual and esp for top variant !!
If it were, Ford would have advertised about it or explicitly mentioned about it(as Honda does in the Jazz and Hyundai with i20 respectively). I was scanning through the brochure and there is no mention of the transmission used.

If you are to go with what's on other Ford products, it will be a 5-speed Manual (including the D2 segment Endy).
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:25   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Ford definitely has a winner in their hands. If I were looking for a hatch back or sub 4m sedan, I would be totally confused with the options on hand. However for folks who value safety and driving pleasure, they wouldn't look beyond the Aspire twins.
While the top Titanium+ variants are in fact a level above all the offerings in the segment, with 6 airbags and a lot of safety kit, Aspire felt like any other super light compact cars manufactured these days to cut costs.
I guess the same would have happened for Figo hatchback as well.
If we see Aspire's kerb weight, it is 40 kilos less than Previous Gen Ford Figo's kerb weight. I expect similar weight reduction through use of thin metals in the new Ford Figo as well, since both are on the same platform.
Solid build is one of Ford's USPs. If it is not there in the new Ford Figo, after few days of initial hype, the car would sell in numbers equal to Toyota Liva.

Last edited by hybridpetrol : 23rd September 2015 at 17:28.
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:36   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
While the top Titanium+ variants are in fact a level above all the offerings in the segment, with 6 airbags and a lot of safety kit, Aspire felt like any other super light compact cars manufactured these days to cut costs.
I guess the same would have happened for Figo hatchback as well.
If we see Aspire's kerb weight, it is 40 kilos less than Previous Gen Ford Figo's kerb weight. I expect similar weight reduction through use of thin metals in the new Ford Figo as well, since both are on the same platform.
Solid build is one of Ford's USPs. If it is not there in the new Ford Figo, after few days of initial hype, the car would sell in numbers equal to Toyota Liva, while Aspire would try to match Etios numbers.
Where Toyota / Honda (Amaze, numbers are coming down) lost was on the poor interiors and NVH, Ford had both these aspects covered and yes it misses some of the Ford DNA, however mass segment folks don't care much about what we love. We will know the fate before the end of the year.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:36   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Guys pls anyone clarify whether it is with 6 speed manual and esp for top variant !!
Assuming you mean the top manual variant which is the Titanium+, it comes with a 5-speed transmission.

The 6-speed transmission and ESP is exclusive to the 1.5L DCT, which is available in the Titanium variant only (same as the Aspire).

This pic from the launch should clear your doubts, my friend:

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-2015fordfigogearlaunched900x600.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Did the boot space become smaller from last gen of figo ?

Last gen had 284 litres and this one has 257?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
As an existing owner, how does the boot space match up? There was a comment that the boot space has gone down from 284 to 257
I would say it's snug but quite useful in it's own right, team:

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-2015fordfigobootlaunched900x600.jpg

In addition, a quick look at the specs and pricing comparo of the all-new Figo with the immediate competition:

Petrol:
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-2015fordfigovsmarutiswiftvshyundaigrandi10petrol.jpg

Diesel:
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-2015fordfigovsmarutiswiftvshyundaigrandi10diesel.jpg

IAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
What is that new Trend+ variant for? Does it come with ABS? If yes, it will be terrific VFM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
It remains to be seen what the Trend+ offers. Hoping that it has ABS - if it has, then it'll be a very VFM deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
There is no mention of Trend+ on Ford's website as well as on prominant publications website. It's a little confusing!
On the hunt for details of the same.

I assume it was a last-minute addition to the all-new Figo's lineup (hence mentioned at the bottom of the official powerpoint presentation's pricing slide, on the left of the Titanium+'s prices), so the official brochure doesn't see mention of it (which might have been prepared before the Trend+ variants were devised and snuck into the pricing list).

Could have been a last-minute strategic move to plug a particular price-point in the Figo's price range. I doubt even dealers have details on this particular variant right now. We might see a correction in the official website, adding the Trend+ variants to the lineup, soon.

There is a very good chance that the Trend+ adds ABS to the Trend's feature list, at a difference of about 25,000 rupees over the Trend variants.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd September 2015 at 17:59.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:22   #343

The Trend+ Variant comes with Fog Lamps and ABS with all other features available on Trend Variant. Its 7.40 Lakhs On-road in Bangalore, which is a VFM option for sure.
Rohith99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:29   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
The Figo twins may help Ford to overtake Toyota and Tata in monthly sales and propel it to the 5th position. This maybe the best opportunity for Ford to be proactive and plan for more vehicles rather than be left with the short lived success. An MPV and a replacement for Fiesta in another year would be great.
+1 to this. As per the August 2015 numbers, Ford was at 7th place with ~8300 units (includes Aspire). Tata and Toyota were neck and neck for the 5th and 6th places with ~11100 units and Mahindra was in 4th place with ~12400 units.

If Ford can consistently move ~4000 units each of Figo, Aspire and Ecosport over the next few months, they will easily overtake Tata and Toyota (Especially since there is nothing new expected from both over the next few months). They can even challenge Mahindra for the 4th spot (But with the TUV300 and XUV100 Mahindra should add some numbers).

If this actually happens, then Honda will also start getting worried.

Ford also needs to bring in the Fiesta replacement as soon as possible. They should have never stopped it in the first place, they could have sold a few 100 at least without even trying too much
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:35   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
The Trend+ Variant comes with Fog Lamps and ABS with all other features available on Trend Variant. Its 7.40 Lakhs On-road in Bangalore, which is a VFM option for sure.
Sure thats going to be very VFM option. But where did you got this source? Can you please link us?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks