Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:21   #316
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Coming to the pricing, the difference between Figo and Aspire for the same trim is hardly 30K. In a country like ours where a boot is a sign of prestige ahem: , most will go for the Aspire and this is another Tata Bolt in the making.
That is only for the base variant. Titanium trims have a difference of nearly 1 lakh which is significant in my opinion.
JonSnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:30   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
That is only for the base variant. Titanium trims have a difference of nearly 1 lakh which is significant in my opinion.
Sorry for my poor attention to detail. Seeing the Ambiente trim.,I assumed the difference will be the same. However we have to wait for the brochure to come out to know if any features have been cut.

As someone else pointed out , the trend+ would be a good buy if it has ABS. The titanium+ is the one to go for at 7.4, its on par with swift zdi and even cheaper than jazz sv despite having 6 airbags.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 23rd September 2015 at 14:34.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:43   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Why no Titanium+ in AT!!
Why Ford Why ?? You did this in Ecosport, Aspire and now in Figo too!
To avoid the initial price shock, and to leave scope for an update at a later stage.
Note that Titanium AT Petrol is already priced at 6.91L - 51K above the top Titanium+ MT version.
The difference between Titanium MT and Titanium+ MT is about 65K for Petrol.
So, introducing a Titanium+ AT would mean that they should price it around 65K more than the Titanium AT price - ie around 7.55L for Petrol - which would be more than the price of Titanium+ MT Diesel.

Market reactions are crazy - Just seeing the price tag, without even looking at the product, it may be termed overpriced. Just for that sake, all launches are played safe, by postponing or avoiding pricey trims.
hybridpetrol is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:50   #319
BHPian

Guys pls anyone clarify whether it is with 6 speed manual and esp for top variant !!
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:50   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Magnificent pricing!

The top end petrol with the DCT for around 8L on road is just amazing! Does anyone know if the DCT Titanium comes with all the bells & whistles?
Well, almost - the DCT gets 2 airbags (instead of the 6), the usual (in auto's) ESP + hill hold assist and traction control, misses out Ford My Key & Emergency assistance callouts from bluetooth sync'd mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
If this one lives up to the name,in terms of handling,close enough steering feedback and ride, I am upgrading from my two year old diesel titanium Figo. Waiting for the review eagerly

I'm mighty impressed with the pricing and features..
blurust: As an existing owner, how does the boot space match up? There was a comment that the boot space has gone down from 284 to 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Did the boot space become smaller from last gen of figo ?

Last gen had 284 litres and this one has 257?
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:54   #321
BHPian

Overall, its a brilliant pricing strategy. It remains to be seen what the Trend+ offers. Hoping that it has ABS - if it has, then it'll be a very VFM deal.

Last edited by jetti : 23rd September 2015 at 15:07.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:02   #322
BHPian

Here it goes All New Figo Brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford All New Figo 2015.pdf (2.04 MB, 1265 views)
Wildy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:03   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

I added the Figo to the comparison I had done in my Automatics under 10L OTR Thread. Below is the Comparison summary chart from that thread with the Figo Added.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-atcomparosummary_23rdsept.jpg

This comparison shows how Ford has redefined the segment with the Aspire and now the Figo. Finally an AT hatch that is powerful, reliable, uses a modern dual clutch gearbox and on top of it all- Is affordable. In fact compared to the Figo/Aspire, everything else in the segment looks over priced.

Note: VW with the GT TSI did redefine the AT hatch space, but it was and continues to be a niche product. The Figo has the potential to actually shake up the segment.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 23rd September 2015 at 15:04.
Rajeevraj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:04   #324
BHPian

On the mark pricing by Ford, the Aspire & its shorter sibling are set to be sold in good numbers I believe.
If the Ecosport facelift is launched with an even better kit & priced well, Ford will have 3 winners in their stable at one time, which has never happened before.
The blue oval guys just gave me a reason to stick to them with the Figo twins.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:06   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Variants and details:

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1.gif
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-2.gif
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-3.gif

Official Brochure download - LINK

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd September 2015 at 15:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:12   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Guys pls anyone clarify whether it is with 6 speed manual and esp for top variant !!
I don't think it is 6-speed manual. that seems to have been a mistake and is rectified on the website. 6 speed is for AT.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:14   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This comparison shows how Ford has redefined the segment with the Aspire and now the Figo. Finally an AT hatch that is powerful, reliable, uses a modern dual clutch gearbox and on top of it all- Is affordable. In fact compared to the Figo/Aspire, everything else in the segment looks over priced.

Note: VW with the GT TSI did redefine the AT hatch space, but it was and continues to be a niche product. The Figo has the potential to actually shake up the segment.
Couldn't have agreed more.
However even the Brio/Micra haven't been able to generate adequate numbers, and the transmission is pretty decent in both going by what others have reported. GT TSI might have surprised VW, but number of units sold is still a tiny percentage of overall hatch sales.

So it seems the overall pie itself is small as of now. The Figo/Aspire AT should put some good numbers on the sales chart hopefully, but whether it defies the trend and pulls people away from MT remains to be seen.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:24   #328
Team-BHP Support

100 hp 1.5 L diesel engine and 6 airbags- the Titanium+ variant is clearly a wolf in sheep's clothing. Clearly in the league of the GT TDI! And cheaper as well! Would love to get a test drive some time.

Good times ahead for Ford I hope. The new Figo, Aspire, Endeavour and the Ecosport.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd September 2015 at 15:37.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:42   #329
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone done a comparison with the Aspire to find out what features have been left out in the Figo? The difference in price for higher variants is substantial.

Overall, very good pricing indeed. The diesel should sell like hot cakes.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:50   #330
BANNED

The Figo twins may help Ford to overtake Toyota and Tata in monthly sales and propel it to the 5th position. This maybe the best opportunity for Ford to be proactive and plan for more vehicles rather than be left with the short lived success. An MPV and a replacement for Fiesta in another year would be great.
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks