Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 17:13   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Do I see fixed headrest for rear seats? And that too on top variant. Come on Ford, don't skimp on such basics!
Old 17th September 2015, 17:53   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
It'll be good to get confirmation of the engine/drivetrain combinations on offer. 1.5 TDCi in the same state of tune as the Aspire will thrill the diesel-lovers, and a 1.5 TiVCT+DCT will excite the city dwellers!
The 1.5L TDCi producing 100 HP is confirmed by my Ford sources, as is the 1.2L TiVCT which produces 88 HP.

Also, either side or curtain airbags might be given a miss in the Figo hatch, to differentiate from the Aspire. As such, the Figo top variant might come with 4 airbags only.

EDIT - I stand corrected! BS Motoring reveals, via an exclusive scoop, that the Figo hatch will get a 1.5L DCT!

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo_2.jpg

Quote:
The worst-kept secret from Ford Motor India is out.

On September 23, as Ford India will take the wraps off the new Figo hatchback, it will also introduce a petrol-powered auto version. Powered by the same, 1.5-litre, 112 bhp motor from the Figo Aspire, the Ford Figo Automatic will be a booster shot in the arm of the Figo hatch as an increasing number of urban buyers plonk for automatic hatchbacks.

What is also interesting to note is that like the Polo GT TSI, the Figo too will have a dual-clutch gearbox, though without manual shifting capability.
BS Motoring

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th September 2015 at 18:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 18:16   #228
BANNED

Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

EDIT - I stand corrected! BS Motoring reveals, via an exclusive scoop, that the Figo hatch will get a 1.5L DCT!

Thanks for the info RavenAvi, corroborates with what my SA had told me. However, I highly doubt Ford giving the triptronic a miss. How are they going to justify the change in mass production for two relatively new entrants in a rather crowded market. I am still hopeful for the manual override being available.

Additionally, how does it not qualify for the excise benefit in its 1.2 avatar? Even the Aspire doesn't qualify for the same in the 1.5 petrol version. The article also states a 22nd launch, which is a day before the touted one.

So now it's a toss up between the Figo and Baleno for me. One of these are getting booked by next month 😁

Last edited by methecupid : 17th September 2015 at 18:41.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:32   #229
BHPian

Ya hooooo!!! Another winner from ford. A hatch with nice look,4 airbags,abs,ebd,1.5l 100 bhp diesel at a economical price range. Nearly my dream car in the hatchback segment save for rear discs (that's asking too much at this price point of course). A 10.2 sec (approx) acceleration timing for aspire makes me expect one thing - sub 10 sec for figo?
All the very best ford - bring on the best of your brand.
P.s: I am still skeptical about contradictory reviews about fords maintanence costs and customer service.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:42   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
A 10.2 sec (approx) acceleration timing for aspire makes me expect one thing - sub 10 sec for figo?
I'd taken the weight of the Figo hatch and Figo Aspire sedan from the owner's manual: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...2015_India.pdf
With a difference of just 7-18 kg, don't expect much difference in acceleration, since different drivers themselves can easily have these weight differences

Quote:
I am still skeptical about contradictory reviews about fords maintanence costs and customer service.
Maintenance costs are on-par with (or better than) the competition for all the Fords for since the Fiesta (i.e. the one that came out about 10 years ago). Customer service experience in Bangalore has been on-par with the competition, plus they have nice features like quick-lane service. Ford are conscious of this perception, and have been taking several steps to address it. These factors should no longer influence your decision, you only need to see if the car meets your needs and desires.

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th September 2015 at 18:56.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:22   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Additionally, how does it not qualify for the excise benefit in its 1.2 avatar? Even the Aspire doesn't qualify for the same in the 1.5 petrol version.
It is the 1.5 AT that will not qualify for the excise benefit where as the 1.2 will be. Please refer to the below from the link

Quote:
What is interesting to also note is that the 1.5 Figo won't benefit from the sub-4 metre excise duty benefit like the Figo Aspire. But, given the Aspire's competitive pricing, we expect the regular Figo 1.2 to start at about Rs 4.2-4.5 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. This would mean that the top-end Figo 1.5 auto will hover around the Rs 7.5 to 7.8 lakh mark. What is interesting to also note is that the 1.5 Figo won't benefit from the sub-4 metre excise duty benefit like the Figo Aspire. But, given the Aspire's competitive pricing, we expect the regular Figo 1.2 to start at about Rs 4.2-4.5 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. This would mean that the top-end Figo 1.5 auto will hover around the Rs 7.5 to 7.8 lakh mark. - See more at: http://www.motoringworld.net/cars/ne....zg6twK1w.dpuf
Old 17th September 2015, 19:32   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, I highly doubt Ford giving the triptronic a miss. How are they going to justify the change in mass production for two relatively new entrants in a rather crowded market. I am still hopeful for the manual override being available.
Indeed. It would be cheaper to xerox the same gearbox, than manufacture two different ones. Let's hope you are right.

Quote:
Additionally, how does it not qualify for the excise benefit in its 1.2 avatar? Even the Aspire doesn't qualify for the same in the 1.5 petrol version.
Petrol engines under the 1.2L size qualify for excise benefits. Since the DCT is mated to a 1.5L petrol mill, it doesn't qualify, even if the Figo hatch ducks under the 4m length.

Still, expect competitive pricing from Ford for the Figo 1.5L DCT. Should be at least a lakh cheaper than the Polo GT TSI.

Quote:
The article also states a 22nd launch, which is a day before the touted one.
They got the launch date wrong for sure, hence I changed the date in my quoted post.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-cpfwowgucaajf0z.jpg

Quote:
So now it's a toss up between the Figo and Baleno for me. One of these are getting booked by next month
I suggest giving the Ford a thorough check before you consider the Maruti. The Figo 1.5L DCT & the 1.5L TDCi will have distinct performance advantages over the Baleno 1.2L VVT & the 1.3L DDiS.

Quote:
A 10.2 sec (approx) acceleration timing for aspire makes me expect one thing - sub 10 sec for figo?
There will be difference in outright acceleration timing alright - the Figo hatch should be a wee bit quicker, even if it is around 9.99 secs to the ton.

Quote:
I am still skeptical about contradictory reviews about fords maintanence costs and customer service.
Ford's Happy Pocket Service was the first initiation, and after that Ford's service and cost of spare parts has come down considerably. Don't worry, servicing will be quite cheap for the all-new Figo as well.

Related Link
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:30   #233
BHPian

It's clearly great improvement over the previous generation Figo, albeit we're going to miss Hydraulic Steering and little boot space. But overall, it's very promising and may get good deals if it's priced right.

Nice to see Indian Market is warming up with very competitive atmosphere. The end-user will have great benefit from it.

Perhaps, It's going to be best hothatch in India. Have a preview of upcoming Figo.

Last edited by Wildy : 17th September 2015 at 20:34.
Wildy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 21:12   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Spy video of the Figo hatch.

Enjoy, team!
No grab handles (3:45). Does that confirm curtain airbags?
JonSnow is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 21:23   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
No grab handles (3:45). Does that confirm curtain airbags?
Indeed. Well spotted!

Looks like the side airbags might have been given a miss, which are located on the seats. If they removed any set of airbags from the top variant at all, that is.
Old 17th September 2015, 21:30   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed. Well spotted!

Looks like the side airbags might have been given a miss, which are located on the seats. If they removed any set of airbags from the top variant at all, that is.
In one of the earlier pics, it looks like airbags label on the seats (Post #164 on page 11 by theredliner), though it is difficult to make out. For now I am hopeful that 6 airbags will be available. If it does happen then kudos to Ford
JonSnow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 22:56   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT - I stand corrected! BS Motoring reveals, via an exclusive scoop, that [b]the Figo hatch will get a 1.5L DCT!
Thanks for that scoop update RavenAvi. I had been searching around for info on the availability of AT in the Figo.

Quote:
Thanks for the info RavenAvi, corroborates with what my SA had told me. However, I highly doubt Ford giving the triptronic a miss. How are they going to justify the change in mass production for two relatively new entrants in a rather crowded market. I am still hopeful for the manual override being available.
The same gearbox in now discontinued Ford Fiesta DCT did not have a Tiptronic. When the Ecosport launched, the Tiptronic was added (At that time the Fiesta DCT was still on sale).

So I believe it may not be a difficult thing for them to manufacture both.

In any case, the Tiptronic in Ford's DCT can only be used in Sports mode and not in D mode where it will actually be more useful. In S mode, there is no real need to use the Tiptronic. So may not be a deal breaker.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 23:24   #238
BHPian

The car looks great. It will be interesting to see how Ford prices it.
If they launch it with the same 100 bhp TD engine at a decent price they will have a winner on their hands.
Old 17th September 2015, 23:37   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

I do see a badge slightly above the B pillar - has to be curtain 'airbag'. Good show Ford!! Awaiting the spec reveal. Hope they give the 100 bhp engine & a tighter handling.

Name:  wp_ss_20150917_0001.png
Views: 2876
Size:  304.6 KB

Edit: Can anyone explain what is 'TRANSP' on the odo display??

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th September 2015 at 23:42.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 23:49   #240
BANNED

Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442513752.948332.jpg

Badging for the airbag. Hence safe to assume that the car will be equipped with at least 4 balloons.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442513803.164571.jpg

Boot lamp on the right side. A rare commodity these days ����

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442513840.532770.jpg

Seems like fixed headrests on the back row. Not a good alteration Ford!!!

Attachment 1416222

No arm rest for the back row seat, something that's available on the Aspire.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442513879.761834.jpg

The steering looks more grey than black to me. I prefer the Aspire black and piano black combination to this mundane looking combo.

Last edited by methecupid : 17th September 2015 at 23:56.
methecupid is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks