Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 05:52   #211
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Figo hatchback is scheduled for launch on Sep 23.
Looks like it is the same car that is sold as Fiesta Hatch in the U.S. I got to see one here at a Car Rental location. When I saw this post earlier, for a moment I thought it's Ford Focus, which is slightly bigger than this.

Looking at the U.S. specs, it comes with a 1.6L EcoBoost engine. Looks great for a car of this size.
Old 16th September 2015, 06:30   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
Looks like it is the same car that is sold as Fiesta Hatch in the U.S. I got to see one here at a Car Rental location. When I saw this post earlier, for a moment I thought it's Ford Focus, which is slightly bigger than this.

Looking at the U.S. specs, it comes with a 1.6L EcoBoost engine. Looks great for a car of this size.
The new Figo is the upcoming Ford Ka.

Size wise, its Ford Ka < Ford Fiesta < Ford Focus.

We get the same Fiesta as in the US, the one you spotted, but only as a sedan. Not many people in Ford and their dealers also know that Ford India sell it, let alone poor prospective customers. Here is the link - http://www.india.ford.com/cars/fiesta

The US market gets both the hatch and the sedan versions of the Fiesta.
Old 16th September 2015, 08:38   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Not many people in Ford and their dealers also know that Ford India sell it, let alone poor prospective customers.
Ooo that sarcasm!
Your Fiesta buddy with the same engine in 90ps tune looks astonishing in those shots on Kerala roads. I can relate to the feeling as I drove mine to Ooty (from Blr) recently. Those bucket seats, that perfect steering and that beautifully balanced chassis! This Ka or Aspire can never match that and I have taken a thorough TD of the Aspire to say so.

Fiesta:
Chassis: 9/10
Steering: 9/10
Seats: 10/10
Driving position: 9/10

Aspire:
Chassis: 8/10
Steering: 5/10 (Swift's is better)
Seats: 5/10 (pretty plane jane)
Driving position: 6/10 (not a low slung stance at all)

Friends, that being a Fiesta owner I am comparing the Aspire with the Fiesta tells a lot. With 3 lakh Rupees cheaper a price and 10hp more, Aspire makes its case and IMO it is the best in the CS segment. I am sure our official review is going to be saying something similar.
All in all, Ford has compromised a lot on their traditional values of making great driving cars with the Aspire but it's still a Ford and would be FTD for most of us, but if you have owned a Ford, you won't be impressed by it.
On the topic, in US they get Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and Taurus (Mondeo) in that order. The Ka is not offered there and is made for emerging economies, like ours.
What more, all these 4 cars are offered in sedan and hatchback both guise in the US. God the Fiesta ST looks fantastic and the 1.5 diesel Fiesta we got here doesn't stand a chance againsta the mighty ST.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 10:34   #214
BHPian

Nice to see Ford shaking up the market in several segments..Ford Aspire has shaken the CS segment on debut. Considering the specs, Ford Ka is sure to shake up the premium hatchback market. It would particularly hit Elite I20's numbers as it seems to be a bit overpriced. Ford Ecosport has been a steady winner and the facelift will certainly take away significant numbers from S Cross and Creta. Exciting times Ahead !!!
Old 16th September 2015, 11:09   #215
BHPian

Wow! Simply wow!!

I recently requested a TD of Figo Aspire 1.5D but the SA brought the 1.2P. The TD was going to be short in office hours. Personally, I am not a fan of CS cars but Aspire made me rethink that. It looks gorgeous!

Nothing to write home about the 1.2P though, but that is not the matter in question here. Still, the steering and driving dynamics were superb as is expected of Ford. Steering seemed at par with the old Figo, at least for me.

So, every minute while observing the Aspire, I was thinking, how good would the hatch look. I enquired with the SA about the new Figo but he was clueless, or he did not want to divulge too much. He was trying to sell the Aspire as much as possible to me. In fact, had a better chance if he would have got the 1.5D, too bad for him.

And today morning, out of the blue I stumbled across this thread (which I don't know how I missed) and was pleasantly surprised. More so with the launch date just a week away!

Can't wait to rev up the 1.5D with 100bhp power! Bring it on Ford!

Last edited by teemus : 16th September 2015 at 11:10. Reason: added some words
Old 16th September 2015, 17:22   #216
e46
BHPian

Would the hatch cone with all black interior? At least as an option.
Old 16th September 2015, 17:31   #217
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Zooming in on the pictures on thread # 188, it looks like atleast the interiors are a darker shade, if not black. The door and seat colours certainly looks so.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 17:49   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Yes check the pics on page 11. It has black interiors.
Old 16th September 2015, 21:19   #219
BHPian

I saw the new Figo close-up today while driving to office nearby to Ramapuram (Chennai) signal. First I noticed an "grand i10" like car in that golden biege colour and was wondering what colour was that. Then in about 500m, I saw another black Ford car (I mistook it for an aspire from the front fascia) in my rear view mirror and it overtook me and cut in-front of me at this signal. And I was surprised to see the the new Figo. I liked the back side and front fascia is good - I liked it from Fiesta time onwards. The colours - Golden Biege (or whatever they call it) and the black were also too good.

(I apologise for the bad quality pics, I took with my mobile camera).
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-wp_20150916_15_53_10_pro1.jpg  

Jakku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 21:48   #220
BHPian

We have seen a great start for aspire selling 5400 units in first month. The pricing definitely helped combined with the upscale interiors compared to the competition (step above Dzire and Amaze, similar to Xcent). If the same equipment and same engine tuning is offered in the Figo and a sensible pricing could see revival of sales for Ford.
Old 17th September 2015, 16:26   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Less than a week remaining from it's official launch, the all-new Ford Figo's top variant has been spotted at a dealership by a Motorbash reader.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordfigohatchback4.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-newfigohatchpicstitanium.jpg

Quote:
The front nose of the car is slightly more pointed than that of the Aspire but the fog lamp enclosure and the front bumper design remains the same. The side fenders too get the same look and feel but bears a slightly more prominent lines on the doors although that might just be a trick played by the camera. The alloys too are the same, which we do not like!

The rear profile is where you would notice most of the differences. Gone is the third box which gets replaced by a prominent kink on the tail gate. The tail lamps too have been slightly re-designed to get a more wraparound kind of look. It also gets a roof mounted spoiler to add a wee bit of sportiness to the rear.
Motorbash
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 16:35   #222
BHPian

Not sure why Ford Aspire CS misses out on the rear wiper while the Ford Aspire Hatch gets it !!! It is an important feature to have.
Old 17th September 2015, 16:47   #223
Senior - BHPian

First I thought its the Fiesta hatch which is seen around here. Ford has done a great job with the Figo. Looks a winner.
Old 17th September 2015, 16:48   #224
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Not sure why Ford Aspire CS misses out on the rear wiper while the Ford Aspire Hatch gets it !!! It is an important feature to have.
Its the same with other CS's.

Xcent doesn't have it even in top variant, whereas Grand has it.
Old 17th September 2015, 17:08   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Less than a week remaining from it's official launch, the all-new Ford Figo's top variant has been spotted at a dealership by a Motorbash reader.
Black interiors, woo!!

It'll be good to get confirmation of the engine/drivetrain combinations on offer. 1.5 TDCi in the same state of tune as the Aspire will thrill the diesel-lovers, and a 1.5 TiVCT+DCT will excite the city dwellers!

However, I'm a little lost between the talk of a launch next week, versus the fact that the website is still flogging the old Figo (along with the Fiesta and Classic), and that the website touts the new Endeavour as the next upcoming model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Not sure why Ford Aspire CS misses out on the rear wiper while the Ford Aspire Hatch gets it !!!
While I agree it would be good to have a rear wiper to clean off water, the key purpose of the rear wiper is to clean off muck that accumulates on the rear windshield. This occurs in hatchbacks due to aerodynamics, which results in the slush being spun up by the rear wheels easily being sucked into the vacuum behind a moving car and landing up on the rear windshield. In the case of a 3-box sedan, this effect is diminished since the boot protrusion results in the rear windshield being protected from this effect. Hence manufacturers often provide this only in hatchbacks (and notchbacks).

EDIT: Obligatory link to discussion thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ot-sedans.html

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th September 2015 at 17:18.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks