Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 11:10   #46
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Cross to be launched at Auto Expo 2014

Seems like a gig only for the sake of saying, 'we also have a competitor in that sub-segment!' and trying to cash in on the market trend with a namesake Mini SUV.
Pattern is to add stilts (raise GC) on an existing hatch, add some minor exterior changes, add roof rails to get a sporty look and call it a mini-SUV
Old 7th February 2014, 19:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion this Etios Cross over could have got some sales if it was launched 2-3 yrs back, now the Indian customer has better choices and with lot of forward looking products in pipeline this Etios Cross offering by Toyota is disgusting. Looks like they don't have a well thought of product profile for Indian market....this is disappointing Toyota.
Old 17th February 2014, 17:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

As per an IAB report, toyota has launched a website for the Etios Cross (link - http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...oss/index.aspx), & the bookings are now open for the same @ Rs.50k. The cars will be on sale form May-14 onwards.

Link to IAB report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/t...e-india-120796

E-brochure:

etios-cross-e.pdf

Screen grab:

Toyota Etios Cross to be launched at Auto Expo 2014-toyotaetioscrossindiawebsitescreencapture1024x556.jpg

Last edited by CARDEEP : 17th February 2014 at 17:28.
Old 18th February 2014, 12:20   #49
BANNED

Any idea how much this extra plastic will cost to customer?

(Puneri style) What is the price if we provide the plastic??
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 14:07   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Any idea how much this extra plastic will cost to customer? ...
An extra 50K for the package!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 14:39   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
An extra 50K for the package!
Hmmm ... Sad. Its really frustrating that world class companies like Toyota, VW, GM don't take Indian market seriously till now. As a automobile leaders all over the world, i expect them to come up with some nice designs, new technology, new features at the affordable price. They should set benchmark for certain things. But instead what we get is very few models. That too not very inspiring. Toyota has nothing exciting below 10 L. VW has all models looking identical to each other (Polo, Vento, Jetta & Passat) GM has few models but what they bought us recently are Chinese products like Sail. Really disappointing. More than 70 % Indian car market is below 6-7 (per car) Lacs but all these companies are not interested in that. GM has few but all are outdated.

I respect Korean Hyundai in this regard. They are very professional and very very serious about Indian market. Their portfolio and sales numbers just shows that. They are trying to compete in most of the segments, that's really good.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 21:50   #52
BHPian

I wonder what is Toyota thinking. Either Etios cross should have been launched as itself in the beginning or they shouldn't have launched it at all. Extra body cladding and call it a cross over?? Phew. I would have bought the idea of selling as a new product if they had added a 2 ltr engine or some kind of additional real sporty feature - AWD may be?
Old 16th March 2014, 21:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Hmmm ... Sad. Its really frustrating that world class companies like Toyota, VW, GM don't take Indian market seriously till now.
If customers are there who say, man how much did you pay for your ride? If I say X lakhs, and response is - oh ok, I think its worth that because your car is much longer than the other model so for the same X Rupees you are getting n more liters of boot space. As long as such consumers exist, no one will take our "market" seriously. It is my take (purely personal)
Old 16th March 2014, 22:21   #54
BHPian

I kind of like the Etios Cross & might buy one. Why?

- Quirky looks - different on the roads
- Toyota maintenance
- 1.5L Petrol engine of TRD Sportivo, superb to drive
- Excellent interiors
- Good rear seat comfort
- Good GC, alloy wheels, usable roof rails

Will suit my need of 80% city use, 20% weekend. Petrol for quietness & low end torque. Mileage not the biggest concern for me, but should give 12-13 kmpl in city, I think.
Old 16th March 2014, 22:54   #55
BHPian

Why is Toyota bringing this quirky plastic clad hatch while both Cross Polo and Fabia Scout are failures? I strongly feel that Toyota should invest in R&D for a good compact SUV like the EcoSport or Duster. I don't feel this will contribute to Toyota's sales.
Old 17th March 2014, 10:22   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Why is Toyota bringing this quirky plastic clad hatch while both Cross Polo and Fabia Scout are failures?...
Trying to make the most out of the flop models with little investment!
Old 29th March 2014, 02:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Bookings are now open for the Etios Cross. Since I've heard so much about the Toyota quality, and I quite like the exterior styling of this Cross (inspite of all that plastic), I've scheduled a call back. IF the pricing is right and the quality of the interiors is improved from the original Etios, I might just take the plunge.
Old 29th March 2014, 05:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Bookings are now open for the Etios Cross. Since I've heard so much about the Toyota quality, and I quite like the exterior styling of this Cross (inspite of all that plastic), I've scheduled a call back. IF the pricing is right and the quality of the interiors is improved from the original Etios, I might just take the plunge.
Same here, I am just concerned about the strike at Toyota plant, or is that over?
Old 7th April 2014, 13:53   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Etios Cross coming on May 7, 2014

Dealers have stated that there's an approximate one month waiting period .

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-382020.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th April 2014 at 14:00.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 14:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the Etios Cross on saturday and this car surely is a head turner. It looks far more attractive than the mundane Etios twins. The SR did mention that the car will be launched in the 1st week of May and deliveries will begin by the end of May. What was uncertain was that the seats were clad in leather and there was an infotainment system which he said were indicative features and might not make it to the final product.

I am currently on a lookout for a hatchback and the 1.5L Etios Cross is a serious contender. But I'd rather wait for the final pricing and the details before going ahead with the booking.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks