Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2014, 21:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Audi India becomes first luxury brand to sell more than 10,000 cars in a year

Is the 1300 sales of Audi recorded in Dec 13 or Jan 14? My guess is dec 13. Like several companies do to meet numbers on paper, they invoice and yet dont dispatch. Infact, sometimes even if they are yet to produce!!!!
The statement that Audi has raised prices and is offerring price protection is contradictory to actual situation on the ground.
An Audi salesperson called me today to know about my enquiry last month about Q3. He said that the price increase is not implemented even though i have not booked. So there is no question for protection. The reason is my guess is that the dealers wont be able to sell at increased price stock invoiced in dec end which is 65% more than the average of previous 11 mths.
So this number game doesn't really mean a lot.
BMW is definitely struggling on the X series as I have recently booked an X1 and currently they have stopped importing X1 kits as they have stocks for almost next full year. They have only 1 solid product which is the new 3 Series and Audi definitely has more strength in their portfolio. However, BMW scores very high on the BSI products.

Given the small overall numbers, i guess that there will be muscial chairs for sometime to come. It will be more interesting to know who occupied that chair for more number of months Vs who ended in the chair.

Last edited by sharadmumbai : 11th January 2014 at 21:04.
Old 12th January 2014, 01:20   #32
BHPian

Re: Audi India becomes first luxury brand to sell more than 10,000 cars in a year

Kudos to Audi India.

This isn't really surprising given that VW group is pretty aggressive when it comes to sales and marketing. Almost every other day Audi ads come with full pricing and EMI break up which is really tempting and gives someone a very clear picture without even having to visit the showroom and this probably makes people who would never have thought of entering the luxury segment consider it.

Another auto journo friend of mind has told me the right now the mandate at Audi India is to focus on getting the sales numbers up even if it's at the cost of profitability (means extra discounts)

For me though BMW makes very aspirational and fun to drive cars but they have blundered big time on the pricing especially on the 1 series which could have given them some serious volumes. The price for the top end variant is almost 37 lacs OTR and at this price a luxury car buyer would go for the 3 for only a few lakhs more. Likewise for the X1 which was selling at one time for 22-23 lacs and suddenly the facelift launched at 27-28 lacs ex showroom for the base model making it extremely expensive. Audi in the meanwhile has offered the Q3 at a similar price with way more features especially the Quattro.

The A3's arrival should make things tougher for BMW at least.
Old 14th January 2014, 22:46   #33
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Super-reliable unofficial insider sources (from BMW itself) have confirmed that Audi has indeed outsold BMW in 2013.
According to RushLane, BMW India sold 7327 cars in the calendar year 2013. Sales decline of 21.85% compared to 2012!

http://www.rushlane.com/bmw-india-21...-12102850.html
Old 28th November 2014, 00:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Audi does it again: 10,000 cars already sold

Received following mail.
Audi India becomes first luxury brand to sell more than 10,000 cars in a year-unnamed.jpg
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 18:44   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi tops India's luxury-car market again in 2014.

Audi sold 10,851 cars and sport-utility vehicles in India in the past year, up about 8.5% from the previous year, but Mercedes closes in at 10,201 vehicles.
BMW figures are not yet published.

Audi India becomes first luxury brand to sell more than 10,000 cars in a year-audichart1.jpg

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/45809016.cms

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th January 2015 at 21:04. Reason: updated pic so that watermark doesn't hide info. Thanks
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 23:11   #36
BHPian

Kudos to Audi for being the numero uno luxury car maker in the country. Mercedes came a really close second. Competition is going to be even tighter this year with Audi and Merc readying newer product onslaughts. Wonder how BMW is going to respond to this. Always loved the German trio and would love to see how they bash it out in 2015
Old 10th January 2015, 13:46   #37
BHPian

Congratulations to Audi. I myself have booked an A4 way back on 21st November 2014, its still not been delivered. The delivery date promised was within 45 days i.e. latest by 4th January 2015. The sales man is dilly dallying, any suggestions ??
Old 10th January 2015, 14:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Small cars from Merc versus the SUVs from Audi is the numbers battle. BMW is going to be the distant 3rd even in 2015.
Old 10th January 2015, 16:28   #39
BHPian

While BMW might be the ultimate driving machine, their interiors have a lot to be desired.

Mercedes, have to have a re-look at their designs they are dishing out, their designs are neither contemporary nor on the classical lines, most of the Mercedes look very confused nowadays.

Audi has hit the sweet spot between the two in most of its cars, especially the SUVs.

Having said that, interiors be damned, I'll take the BMW any day.
Old 10th January 2015, 17:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
While BMW might be the ultimate driving machine, their interiors have a lot to be desired.

Mercedes, have to have a re-look at their designs they are dishing out, their designs are neither contemporary nor on the classical lines, most of the Mercedes look very confused nowadays.

Audi has hit the sweet spot between the two in most of its cars, especially the SUVs.

Having said that, interiors be damned, I'll take the BMW any day.
I'd beg to differ. Mercedes' design language has evolved beautifully. While Audi cars may not have any problems at all dynamically, I feel that they are just not as involving or pleasure inducing as BMW, Mercedes or even Jaguar for that matter.

Audi feels electric, distant and disconnected. No doubt about the capability of Audi cars, just that I personally didn't find the drive involving.

I feel BMW has largely diverted from the ultimate drivers machine tagline to the sheer driving pleasure one. This change in philosophy is actually very noticeable, with the softening of the 5 series (too much for my liking), and the less involving M3 and M5.

Mercedes of the past used to be more comfort oriented, but they have slightly changed their philosophies to become more balanced and it is perceptible in their newer cars.

I wish BMW brings back the "Ultimate Driving Machine" tagline with better and more fun cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks