Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 08:37   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT laun

Lots oh helpful user reviews here, but am really waiting for the Official Team Bhp review. Hope they drive both the MT and AMT versions and provide a comparison.
Old 21st February 2014, 09:11   #377
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT laun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What changes have been made to the K10 engine compared to the Alto/Astar/WR?
Maruti calls this the K-next engine. It has some minor tweaks vs the WagonR/A-star engine.

From MAruti's website:

Quote:
Apart from Flatter Engine Torque, it has Drive-by-Wire technology resulting in peppier drive. Along with that, various improvements like optimized compression ratio, reduced frictional losses, low viscosity engine oil and re-designed valves and springs lead to better fuel efficiency. So now, you enjoy a faster throttle response, better torque delivery and upon that class leading fuel efficiency too.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 10:09   #378
BHPian

Quote:
More detail on what you mean by push hard? Launching from a stop or WOT tip in?
Launching from a stop or in low speed, when you rapidly depress the accelerator, the engine whines as if it has reached a higher rpm but the acceleration is delayed.
Old 21st February 2014, 11:07   #379
Senior - BHPian

Here is a nice video from MSIL showing the details of the AMT on Celerio.

Please excuse if this has been shared here already.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 16:03   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

... we are not supposed to comment?
Off course, we are here to comment only. Everybody can comment, express their views for sure. But many times i have seen here and other sites as well that Maruti, Tata and Mahindra threads becomes bashing threads. Instead of talking about particular thing, it becomes beating thread for that company and their products which i don't like. That's it
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 17:10   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Indeed it seems, Celerio going to be one of the top selling car in India...

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...ome-topstories
Wow, 1000 bookings per day!!. That must mean it is cannibalizing the Alto K10. Did a comparison of prices and interesting observation, for about 80-90,000 more than the Alto K10 VXI, you can get the Celerio LXI AMT. I have not checked, but I think the Celerio Lxi will be equally or better kitted than then Alto VXI. Hence pretty sure lot of people are jumping to the Celerio AMT from the Alto K10.
Old 21st February 2014, 20:41   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Celerio receives great response. The next 'blockbuster'from Maruti Suzuki

Quote:
The company received about 14,000 orders for the Celerio in less than two weeks of its introduction
Quote:
Half of the orders for the 14,000 Celerio were models with 'automatic transmission'
http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...elerio-surges/

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st February 2014 at 20:43.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 22:18   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
Launching from a stop or in low speed, when you rapidly depress the accelerator, the engine whines as if it has reached a higher rpm but the acceleration is delayed.
It must be the clutch slippage during launch (1st gear). Does the rubberband effect go away after a while?
Old 21st February 2014, 22:56   #384
BHPian

In a normal manual like Alto K10 you hardly have the engine labouring to pull from a crawl when in 1st gear; unless you are on a gradient there is hardly a need to slip the clutch (unless you have braked suddenly) so am guessing driveability takes a back seat, but then again the AMT is hardly an enthusiasts' deliverance
Old 22nd February 2014, 04:35   #385
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to look at Celerio. The exterior is just ok, nothing special. I liked the rear more than front. Coming from Swift, I find the doors are very thin. The dash is fresh looking. Space-wise, this is a wr-killer, I guess. In the 14000 bookings, most of them will be from prosperous wr-buyers, imo.
Old 22nd February 2014, 04:49   #386
Senior - BHPian

Wow, looks like Indian market is ready for a shift, the Celerio AMT is selling more than manual transmission per this motobash link.http://motorbash.com/is-autoshift-am...-more-than-mt/

Surely with increasing congestion on Indian roads, AMT seems to be the right way to go (balance of FE & comfort), the developed economies has already adopted the change from manual to auto, its now India's turn for a change.

Does any one know what kind of warranty is on the AMT box ?
Old 22nd February 2014, 06:44   #387
BHPian

Vid, how does the engine respond when the car is with 4 occupants? Does the auto feedback mechanism suffocate in the D mode?
I recently saw an OD review of the Celerio in Jaipur, mercy the reviewer who spared bangalore or delhi roads for a AMT road review.
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:07   #388
BHPian

Quote:
It must be the clutch slippage during launch (1st gear). Does the rubberband effect go away after a while?
It does indeed when I reach the 3rd gear. The effect which I talked about is prominent in the 1st and 2nd gear. Yesterday, I took the car for a long drive and here are some further observations:

1. Wind noise is prominent from the roof and A pillars

2. Gear doesn't always engage from N to D. Though the "pull" action is smooth, a beep from the dash indicates that D hasn't been activated. I had to put it back to N and re-engage D

Going for ICE and alloy shopping today. More updates will follow.
mug:mush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 13:42   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
It does indeed when I reach the 3rd gear. The effect which I talked about is prominent in the 1st and 2nd gear. Yesterday, I took the car for a long drive and here are some further observations:

1. Wind noise is prominent from the roof and A pillars

2. Gear doesn't always engage from N to D. Though the "pull" action is smooth, a beep from the dash indicates that D hasn't been activated. I had to put it back to N and re-engage D

Going for ICE and alloy shopping today. More updates will follow.
Please let us know what ICE and alloys you get. I asked the dealership guy about the max size of the sub that can be fitted and he said it has to be a small subwoofer and a 12" won't fit. Would like to hear your opinion.
Old 23rd February 2014, 15:27   #390
BHPian

Went for a test drive of Celerio this week and found that the public response is really good. I got a vehicle to TD only at the fourth showroom and that too after a good deal of waiting and had to share the drive with another customer and his wife! Here are my thoughts about this:
1. People used to a conventional automatic can drive this easily. Those used to a manual will end up trying to press the clutch but getting the brake pedal instead resulting in people sitting at the back being thrown up front!
2. The upshifts are seamless but it would take some time to understand how to control the shifts using the throttle in D mode. I found it good from 1st to 2nd. But from 2nd to 3rd was a mixed bag. It would shift to 3rd on lifting a bit off the throttle but trying to increase speed after that would result in a kickdown to 2nd however light my input was. Could not go further than this due to traffic.
3. The manual mode is good with better response as compared to D mode. Though in D and M mode I must say I was surprised with the speed of kickdown when compared with upshifts. It was lightning fast.
4. The suspension was clunky especially at the rear and there were quite a few rattles to be heard already. Typical Maruti?
5. The ZXi even though not available with AGS option seems to be having the mounting points for this unit on its gearbox. Retrofit may be possible? That said the auto shift unit seems really compact sitting atop the gearbox with its hydraulics reservoir integrated into it.
6. No complaints with the air conditioner. It cooled quite well in a few minutes with a full load of passengers on board at a 32 degrees ambient temperature.

Waiting for full review of the vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks