Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 13:57   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai's Grand i10 Sedan caught testing

...on the contrary, I find the name quite appealing as the Grand i10 sedan was expected to replace the now defunct Hyundai Accent which had a brand image of itself. Rather then sharing a new name and creating a new brand, it makes sense to continue the already built accent brand ( by calling it more contemporary "Xcent")and clarify the market positioning accordingly.
While there is absolutely no question on the kind of features and number of features included, what disappoints me is the 1.1L diesel engine which would be a drag

Last edited by Cooltronics : 4th February 2014 at 14:02.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:03   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV Auto tweets from the event that

Quote:
The #Xcent will have the most aggressive price-to-product situation #hyundai promises killer pricing
Does this mean the pricing will be undercutting the competition - DZire/Amaze?

Something for the guys at Tata to look at, keenly, before announcing the prices of the Zest.

Honda, Maruti better watch out!

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-bfnba3liqaaydjb.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-bfnbfdxcqaaul2u.jpg-large.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-bfnd9mtceae4hwm.jpg

Exterior pics sources - Various Twitter accounts

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-xhyundaixcentliveimages11.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gbkf76x6mv.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-xhyundaixcentliveimages12.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xuycyq1ynh.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-xhyundaixcentliveimages14.jpg.pagespeed.ic.95feqmnqar.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-xhyundaixcentliveimages15.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ttbdlxgf0w.jpg

Interior pics source - Rushlane

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th February 2014 at 14:08.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 14:04   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's press release (courtesy Motoroids):

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image002450x600.jpg.pagespeed.ce.2ns3kh1nvj.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image008450x600.jpg.pagespeed.ce.q47pr59ohm.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image014450x600.jpg.pagespeed.ce.c4vbw31xnl.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 14:22   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Press release doesn't mention engine specs, so there's still hope.

The Hyundai XCent is slated for a March 2014 launch, with engine specs, variants and prices to be disclosed then.

Some clear launch pics, courtesy IAB & Fly Wheel.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th February 2014 at 14:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 14:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Looks very very average, nothing inspirational no WOW factor.
The only thing which can make this car click in the features : price ratio which has been the USP for Hyundai. They need to undercut Dzire and Amaze if they want to gain market share.
Also, the really disappointing bit is the 3 cylinder underpowered diesel motor under the hood. The Hyundai I20 has a much better and powerful diesel motor which raises the all important question about the pricing.. Will Hyundai undercut the I20? I would tend to think so at least for the diesel avatar. Will be interesting for sure.

The compact sedan market is getting flooded with new launches - The Zest from Tata Motors, the Ford Ka Concept aka Figo sedan and now this. Great time to be a buyer!

Anyone knows when the car will be launched?

Last edited by adimicra : 4th February 2014 at 14:24.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:26   #96
BHPian

i10 grand is a good looking car. This boot job is ugly, does not gel with thw looks of the car.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Anyone knows when the car will be launched?
This will be launched in Mar-14 as per the company & most of the specs will be known by then only.

I have posted earlier in this thread that the expected price could be Rs.5.10-5.20 lacs (ex-showroom) for the base petrol.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:32   #98
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is disappointing! I wanted 6 airbags and height adjustable front headrests on the car and at least a 6-speed gearbox for the 1.1 CRDi (if not the 1.4 CRDi), but these haven't materialised in the weirdly named Xcent. If they wanted the name to sound similar to the Accent, but not the same (to avoid confusion with the global Accent a.k.a. Verna a.k.a. Solaris), then Ascend or Ascent or Accis sounds much better, IMHO.

What we've got extra are climate control, rear camera with IRVM mounted display, a more padded rear seat with foldable armrest containing cup holders, utility box cover (like on the new international i10), 15" wheels and of course, a boot whose visual integration is average. It looks like some other design team created the boot, and not the guys who penned the stunning hatchback. The boot designers seem to have had volume maximisation as their primary goal, instead of design coherence. The only saving grace is the high rear bumper that protrudes out just a bit more than the two new compact sedans revealed yesterday, apart from perhaps a decently spacious boot.

I would have gladly traded the few extra features for 6 airbags and height adjustable front headrests!

Last edited by RSR : 4th February 2014 at 14:44.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:39   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure why do they harp on competitive pricing. Grand i10 was priced 35K or so less than a Swift from what I recollect. With that strategy, this also has to be priced lesser. Probably it's a dig on Amaze. I believe Xcent will directly hit Amaze if priced lower. Might take longer time if they want to dent Dzire.

Edit:: I think the lower price of the Grand i10 was on account of the lower kit. But even with a kit at par with Dzire, I do NOT want the Xcent to be priced at par for the lower spec engine.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2014 at 14:41.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:40   #100
BHPian

I don't find anything wrong with either the name or the looks and design of the car. It looks another winner for Hyundai. It maybe under powered but all that matters to the junta is a the FE. I think for the market share will be dominated by the Dzire followed by the Zest/Xcent/Amaze. Ford figo sedan will be below these products for sure. Chevrolet Sail can R.I.P now.
Old 4th February 2014, 14:56   #101
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

Overall this is a good car i guess. Lots depend on what diesel engine Hyundai puts into it. 1.1 L diesel will not work much. Its a average engine in performance. With fully loaded car (4-5 people + luggage), it will struggle for sure. Hyundai need 1.4 L diesel here which they readily have with them.

I guess instead of others, this sedan will eat share of mainly i10 grand hatch and i20 only. Also it will dent Amaze volume for sure. Cars like Swift and Dzire will keep doing their regular business as usual
Old 4th February 2014, 15:16   #102
BHPian

re: Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh

The Grand is a decent in-city putter which weakens out in the highways. Given the bigger dimensions, how will the sedan perform??

The Amaze for all its shortcomings has a decently powerful engine that does adequate service.
Moreover, i do not quite see the point of focussing on diesel mills and keeping a petrol option just for the heck of it. Many price conscious or low usage buyer's prefer buying a petrol car. Hyundai itself has maintained a steady base of petrolheads who love the brand. The Accent was a beautiful petrol sedan. Will the Xcent do justice?
Old 4th February 2014, 15:23   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Will the Xcent be launched with an auto box?
Old 4th February 2014, 15:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

The launching of new Compact Sedans by Hyundai, Ford and TATA gives a feeling that hatchback sales would drop considerably as Sedan is a status symbol for us. Which car will carry a spacious and attractive third box is going to be the vital winning point.
Old 4th February 2014, 15:52   #105
Max
BHPian

I don't understand why many people keep bragging about 1.1L engine and its under-performance. I test drove i10 Grand and I did not feel any power lag. We was three people in the car and pickup + power delivery was great. No matter what you feel, if car has decent FE and priced sensibly people will go for it. Regardless of your personal views normal people don't buy cars to race, they want decent looking car with good interiors and very good FE and Xcent has all these features.

I also liked looks of Xcent and I am 100% sure it will do great numbers for huyandi. Xcent will definitely hit sales of Amaze and dezire. Amaze has horrible interiors and sound like a tractor where as i10 Grand engine is extremely refined.
Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks