Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2021, 11:13   #676
Senior - BHPian

Not a good joke in my view. Especially since VW is selling the same car for 11 years and people have actually been (eagerly) waiting for the new version. Probably, selling the 11 year variant is a joke in itself.
Pancham is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 13:53   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Volkswagen India to focus on reducing ownership costs.

Quote:
-Biggest challenge is to provide a holistic customer experience rather than just the product
-Volkswagen India to reduce maintenance part prices by over 10 percent
- Sarvottam 2.0 initiative to help improve customer experience
Head, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India:
Quote:
the challenge is making sure that the customers understand the value proposition of the car. It’s not only about the design and what the product is, but what does the buyer get when he/she buys a Volkswagen. The unique experience that we want to provide right from inquiring about the car to the service experience is what will differentiate us in the market. So, this is the biggest challenge – how do we position ourselves as providing a holistic customer experience rather than just the product. Because if the product is strong, I believe it will sell on its own, but making an environment around it, making an ecosystem around it, which enables customers to understand the value proposition, is the piece that we are trying to implement, get across into our network and communicate to our customers
- VW maintenance part prices to come down by over 10 percent

- VW working on improving customer experience

Sarvottam 2.0 initiative, Volkswagen has noted three major areas of improvement.
Said to be a holistic programme, the initiative will focus on improving customer experience by revamping and expanding its physical (dealerships and workshop) and digital touchpoints, training its staff to be more customer-oriented and capable of reaching out over digital platforms, and enable customers to view and review maintenance or repair work undertaken at VW’s service centres.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th April 2021 at 13:57.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 07:23   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen announces new service initiative.

VW’s mobile service and assistance fleet now covers almost 80 percent of India.
New initiatives include the VW Service Cam and Service Cost Calculator.

1.Expansion of Volkswagen Assistance and Mobile Service fleet

2. Volkswagen Service Cam
Quote:
Volkswagen workshops to inform and seek permission from its customers for any unforeseen or additional repairs to their car. This is done via a video call through which the workshop can show customers what needs repair or replacement.
3.Volkswagen Service Cost Calculator
Quote:
allows customers to go on VW’s website and get an estimate of their next service, with a relevant cost break-up. With this, the German brand also hopes to showcase its ‘One-Price’ promise – the cost of parts will be the same across India.
4. Cost of spare parts - Reduction

Quote:
In addition to the above initiatives, they have also managed to reduce the cost of spare parts by up to 11 percent. As per their claims, the result is that the Polo and Vento are now 23-25 percent cheaper to maintain (depending on the variant).

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 15:55   #679
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen release new ad of its SUVW future -

Old 20th May 2021, 18:55   #680
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen India extends service and warranty periods of vehicles till June 30, it includes warranty, extended warranty, RSA and service value packages for its customers.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-20210520_185341.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th May 2021 at 18:58.
Old 2nd June 2021, 09:43   #681
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen aims to quadruple sales, cross 50k unit sales mark in India by 2022 as it launches new vehicles under its ambitious India 2.0 project.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-20210602_094138.jpg

Quote:
I'm looking at doubling my sales volume in 2021 compared to the year 2020 and again doubling it in 2022," Ashish Gupta, brand director Volkswagen Passenger Cars India told ET.
Quote:
As far as India is concerned, I think the inflection point in India towards mass electrification will come somewhere around 2025-2026,” Gupta said. “We have the global product portfolio available. It's a question of when we can bring it in a profitable (manner) and with a business case that is positive for the customer as well as for the company.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:38   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahead of 2.0 roll out, Volkswagen Group may exit NBFC biz in India, and shift focus to its Fintech startup for captive financing needs.

Quote:
VWFS disbursed over a billion dollars of funds in India, which has more than halved in recent years, especially after it stopped retail funding.
Quote:
A shrinking Indian passenger vehicle market, bleeding dealers with a fair share of NPAs, and the complexities of competing against leading banks and NBFCs in India compelled Volkswagen Finance to relook at its business model.
Quote:
The company is focusing instead on fintech company Kuwy to address the retail buyers. Kuwy is a subsidiary of VWFS.
Link
Old 20th July 2021, 18:03   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India showrooms to sport new brand design and logo:

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-1.jpg

Volkswagen Passenger Cars India today announced the implementation of the carmaker’s new brand design and logo across all its 150 dealerships in the country.

Quote:
The aim of the rebranding programme includes:

– The new brand design and logo will ensure more colour, light and warmth across all touch-points, aligned to the brand’s presentation of being more attractive, innovative, and emotional
– Increase digitalisation and connectivity at dealerships to make customer communication more data-driven, personalised and accessible
– Volkswagen India will conduct training and orientation program for its employees and dealer partners, to be much more customer oriented and accessible, both online and offline
The introduction of the brand design and logo across all dealerships is timed with the launch of the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun SUV.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 19:28   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
– The new brand design and logo will ensure more colour, light and warmth across all touch-points, aligned to the brand’s presentation of being more attractive, innovative, and emotional
– Increase digitalisation and connectivity at dealerships to make customer communication more data-driven, personalised and accessible
– Volkswagen India will conduct training and orientation program for its employees and dealer partners, to be much more customer oriented and accessible, both online and offline
What a heap of marketing nothing-speak. I despair!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:58   #685
Team-BHP Support

Has the service experience been improved? This ad claims so -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 15:12   #686
BHPian

Today I received a call from VW Service center, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, for my yearly service. The service costs have reduced if we go with VW SVP (service value package). If I opt for two year service package and pay upfront(for 5th and 6th year service), I would have to pay Rs.15499 (mine is Vento TSI) and it covers the entire generic consumables.

Below is the screenshot that I received on my Whatsapp
Name:  VW.PNG
Views: 965
Size:  414.1 KB

I need to still understand why they have mentioned 3 spark plugs (last time, I gave a go ahead to change 4 spark plugs and they used NGK which costed Rs. 600 each. I will have to check on the same as part of the SVP).

Overall, I might go ahead with the SVP as it also includes the wheel alignment and balancing as well.

The costs without the SVP remain the same and would cost around ~10K per annual service (without WA and WB).
Old 8th September 2021, 12:00   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormodore View Post
Today I received a call from VW Service center, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, for my yearly service. The service costs have reduced if we go with VW SVP (service value package). If I opt for two year service package and pay upfront(for 5th and 6th year service), I would have to pay Rs.15499 (mine is Vento TSI) and it covers the entire generic consumables.

Below is the screenshot that I received on my Whatsapp
Attachment 2199144

I need to still understand why they have mentioned 3 spark plugs (last time, I gave a go ahead to change 4 spark plugs and they used NGK which costed Rs. 600 each. I will have to check on the same as part of the SVP).

Overall, I might go ahead with the SVP as it also includes the wheel alignment and balancing as well.

The costs without the SVP remain the same and would cost around ~10K per annual service (without WA and WB).

I was just looking at this myself. Were you able to get this done? Any extras that were padded on as part of your service?

For anyone else looking, the link to the SVP Service packages is available here

They seem to have one for 4+1 years, but that's apparently only for new cars.

Last edited by rawdeal : 8th September 2021 at 12:02.
Old 9th September 2021, 12:51   #688
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen announces subscription-based ownership model.

Volkswagen announced that the new subscription model, in partnership with ORIX, to own a Polo, T-Roc or a Vento without buying it.

Soon to be launched Taigun is not included in the subscription based ownership model.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-smartselect_20210909124959_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Volkswagen will roll out the subscription model across India in phases. For a start, the carmaker will launch the scheme across 30 outlets in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th September 2021 at 12:52.
Old 18th September 2021, 10:00   #689
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo, Vento waiting periods hit five month mark.

Presently, the Volkswagen Polo
- Trendline MPI,
- Comfortline TSI MT,
- Highline Plus TSI MT,
- Highline Plus TSI AT and
- GT TSI AT variants are all commanding a waiting period of up to 5 months.

Similarly, for the Vento Highline TSI MT variant has a five-month waiting period.

Volkswagen dealerships have also stopped accepting bookings for the
- Polo Comfortline MPI and Comfortline TSI AT variants and
- Vento Comfortline TSI MT and Highline Plus TSI MT.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 09:44   #690
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen India has opened a new showroom in Jaipur, located at Plot No. 13, Jhotwara Industrial Area, Jaipur, Rajasthan – 302012. It also gets a fully equipped workshop with 7 service bays.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-20211009_094240.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed