Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2019, 08:16   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Coming in late 2020/21, the T Cross will be the next big launch for India.

- Will have 2 petrol variants and no diesel on offer. The 1.5 TSI will debut in India with T Cross.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th April 2019 at 08:30.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 10:59   #512
BHPian

Talking about VW's strategy, Now they have said that they might not offer Diesel option in T-Cross when launched in India which in my opinion is horribly wrong strategy. A VW without a Diesel engine?
NAVREVV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 06:28   #513
BHPian

VW has to develop a car tailored for the Indian market, like they did with the vw city in South Africa and the gol for Brazil. If they want to continue in this country please bring something that is affordable for the masses as well or else you will face the fate of Fiat.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:54   #514
BHPian

Finally, VW have started playing to their strengths in Indian car scene. It has been apparent for a long time now that the mass market did not fancy their premium offerings and they were not able to penetrate C2 and below segments.

I am now very happy that they have decided to pull out of mass market with MQB platform and focus on D1 and above segments which is where the future growth is. Segments where Suzuki cannot sell its sub-standard tin cans. If they can bring in more Crossovers in those segments, Great!!!

Wishing you good luck on your future plans.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 19:41   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India awarded Most Improved Residual Value Brand 2019 title.

Volkswagen India posts highest improvement in resale value in used car market.

-The enhancement in the residual value by 3 to 7 percent throughout Volkswagen products has resulted in achieving this recognition of Most Improved Residual Value Brand title for the year 2019.

- Prior to this in 2017, the Best Residual Value award went to the Volkswagen Polo in the premium hatchback category.

- With the help of 105 Volkswagen Das WeltAuto dealerships all over India, certified pre-owned vehicles can be bought.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th May 2019 at 19:43.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 10:41   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen India awarded Most Improved Residual Value Brand 2019 title.
The irony is that when I had brought my Polo in 2012, one of the critiques I had received then is that VW has poor resale value, compared to a Swift or i20.

Last edited by ampere : 16th August 2019 at 18:51. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 30th May 2019, 11:57   #517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhejit View Post
The irony is that when I had brought my Polo in 2012, one of the critiques I had received then is that VW has poor resale value, compared to a Swift or i20.
I recently bought a 2012 Polo 1.6 28k km for Rs 3.5L (actually Rs 3L but needed to spend 50k on it). Comparable Swifts were retailing at Rs 4.25-4.5L

Last edited by ajmat : 31st May 2019 at 14:53.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 14:26   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Finally, VW have started playing to their strengths in Indian car scene.
..... Segments where Suzuki cannot sell its sub-standard tin cans. If they can bring in more Crossovers in those segments, Great!!!

Wishing you good luck on your future plans.
Given the bullet proof reliability of VW cars (especially their injectors and DSG), their W-I-D-E spread service network, customer oriented after sales experience and extremely reasonable maintenance costs, the ownership experiences for VW cars in India actually exceeds all standards. Yes Suzuki, Honda and Toyota cars are definitely sub-standard and stand pale in comparison. They need to learn a thing or two about customer satisfaction, particularly from Skoda.

Definitely pun intended.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 31st May 2019 at 14:30.
King_pin09 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 09:44   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

By 2020-21 VW plans 4 C/SUV's for India.

Three will follow the CBU route and won’t have to go through a lengthy certification process and imported under the new 2,500 car quota scheme.

1. VW AllSpace

2. T ROC ( 1.5TSI)

3. Touareg

4. VW T Cross ( locally manufactured)

Link
Old 25th June 2019, 16:00   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India enters into shared mobility and subscription services with Zoomcar.

Quote:
Under the partnership, Volkswagen will offer Zoomcar customized financial, maintenance and repair services (4EVER Care), with the Polo hatchback available under Zoomcar’s ZAP Subscribe model. Potential customers can now subscribe to a Volkswagen Polo at a fixed monthly subscription fee, in addition to host of other benefits.

Link
Old 26th June 2019, 15:54   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen's Subscription Model for India , partnering with Zoomcar.

-The subscription based model offers young, urban customers the power of choice, convenience, flexibility and enhanced accessibility to a host of products.

-Under this partnership, Volkswagen will offer Zoomcar customized financial, maintenance and repair services (4EVER Care)

- Through this association, Volkswagen Polo cars will now be available under Zoomcar’s ZAP Subscribe model across key cities in India

- Volkswagen and Zoomcar intend to deepen this partnership by offering other vehicles from their existing product portfolio in the future.

Link
Old 26th June 2019, 17:39   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen's Subscription Model for India , partnering with Zoomcar.
Just showcases the desperation of VW India to sell more units. Clearly, HQ isn't giving a go ahead for developing new models and VW India is helpless.

The petrol Polo is a mediocre car now with the 1.0L 3 cylinder and I don't see Zoomcar bringing in the GT TSI either which makes me wonder why would someone choose a Polo over an i20 to subscribe to. The Diesel engine is good but even Hyundai makes very good diesels and that aspect can be sacrificed IMHO for a more 'complete' car.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 12:48   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

VW India reiterates its stand on the way forward.

- No Diesels in most segments

- All about SUV's

- BS VI diesel is expected to raise prices by ~₹ 1.5 lakhs

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-v1.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-v2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th July 2019 at 12:51.
Old 14th August 2019, 15:03   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen reveals its new strategy for India, as new launches are a couple of years from now.

- Volkswagen is overhauling its retail set up, especially those targeted at the non-metro buyers

- Volkswagen will dramatically reduce its dealer count, erect compact showrooms in hinterlands and increase touch points for more access targeting non-metro buyers.

-Volkswagen’s (VW) dealer partners will open dozens of small stores called ‘pop-up stores’ that would be one-tenth the size of a regular showroom

-Such compact stores would house two cars as against 8-10 units accommodated in a regular showroom with tremendous savings in investment costs.

Stefen Knapp, Director (Passenger Cars), Volkswagen India,

Quote:
We started with 80 dealers, now we have 63 and we will take it to 50 eventually. We launched one pop-up store in Bengaluru and will open 30 such stores this year. The key focus for these stores is to have them in Tier II, III and even Tier IV cities. Volkswagen India is the first one to do so anywhere in the world. The real estate market is so expensive and you need to find such solutions
Link
Old 16th August 2019, 17:00   #525
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes, the 'marketing strategies' of these companies leaves me baffled. All this talk of reducing dealer network, pop-up showrooms in the hinterlands, etc etc

1. VW had a more mass market brand (Skoda) which is clearly not selling well-enough but that's another story
2. Their customer base in India traditionally has been the more aware, foreign-travelled enthusiast who appreciates the experience of driving their cars, instead we get a 1-litre 3 cylinder Polo aimed at the Wagon-R buyer!
3. It has been ages since DSG issues have filled up immeasurable server space. How many years of research does it take to make something more reliable? If they fixed the DSG issues, many enthusiasts who are shying away from burning their hard-earned money on VW cars would have shown up with their chequebooks.
4. Their dealer / ASC experience leaves a lot to be desired.
5. I feel, in short, that first they have let down their original target customers and now they are trying to move to B-class cities and sell inappropriate products for those markets, too. This is, in a way, a repeat of Fiat strategy: mistreat the enthusiast customers and keep diluting your cars to sell to the Maruti customer, who probably won't come anyways.

Last edited by architect : 16th August 2019 at 17:06.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks