Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 13:14   #496
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen India: The Way Forward

Volkswagen ready to share MEB electric platform with rivals

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-screenshot_20190303132409_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen says it is ready to provide other manufacturers with access to its new MEB electric platform, thus reducing the costs of electric cars.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-screenshot_20190303132315_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Customised for electric vehicles
The MEB was developed as a technology platform specifically for purely electrically powered vehicles. It enables ranges similar to the level of today’s petrol-powered cars at the cost of current diesel models.

Furthermore, the MEB architecture enables an increase in room, variability, comfort and dynamic.

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-screenshot_20190303132237_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-screenshot_20190303132333_chrome.jpg
The drive consists of an electric motor integrated into the rear axle that includes power electronics and gearbox, a high-voltage, space-saving battery located in the vehicle’s floor and ancillary components built into the front of the vehicle.

MEB and ID. Family are part of the Volkswagen Group’s electric offensive, for which the company is investing around 30 billion euros by 2023.

He notes that starting in 2023, or at the latest in 2024, Volkswagen will launch an electric model, which will be the size of a T-Roc, for less than 20,000 euros.

At the same time, Jost underlines that the electric offensive represents an important contribution to climate protection, noting that Volkswagen supports the Paris climate protection targets.
Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-screenshot_20190303132506_chrome.jpg

The MEB serves as the technical foundation for the ID. Family, the future generation of electric vehicles for the Volkswagen brand.

Full Article
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:20   #497
BHPian

I drive a skoda yeti and recently drove a friend's Polo tsi.
Where the yeti is made of mostly imported parts, polo is heavily localised ( i do not have details). I was expecting similar feel / parts quality of the car. However it is very different. The plastics, switches feel sub par in quality. I just drove for 10-15 mins but this small difference made me worry.
I've driven a VW in Australia and europe. Both places, the car was just a perfect VW. Impeccable quality and superb feel. Now they are talking about "tailored for india" cars. I am afraid this breed of skoda/VWs will be sub par in quality. Hope I am wrong though cause this is the only value for money group in the world, bringing true German cars at an affordable price.
lambodara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 23:56   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that all the Polos here were built here? They are already tailored for (and in) India. Whilst the result may not match up to the similar model in London or Dusseldorf (it won't, probably in any way), it is still, perhaps, the best-made hatchback we have.

Maybe I should say one of the best? I am a fanboy .
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 07:41   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambodara View Post
I drive a skoda yeti and recently drove a friend's Polo tsi.
Where the yeti is made of mostly imported parts, polo is heavily localised ( i do not have details). I was expecting similar feel / parts quality of the car. However it is very different. The plastics, switches feel sub par in quality. I just drove for 10-15 mins but this small difference made me worry.
I've driven a VW in Australia and europe. Both places, the car was just a perfect VW. Impeccable quality and superb feel. Now they are talking about "tailored for india" cars. I am afraid this breed of skoda/VWs will be sub par in quality. Hope I am wrong though cause this is the only value for money group in the world, bringing true German cars at an affordable price.
Polo's and Vento's are quite famous for the ABS sensor issue. Service guys are extremely helpful and proactive in replacing the sensor but they admit that company has not figured out on resolving the issue. ABS sensor in our Polo was replaced 4 times in 4 years. I believed that it was a one-off case but on investigation has met other people who had faced the same and even the service center guys are well aware of the issue. I didn't see any posts raising this issue in our Forum. Has anyone faced the ABS sensor issue?

Apart from this Polo is a very good package for many. It is the best built hatchback in the town
albertprince is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 18:08   #500
BHPian

The National Green Tribunal has slapped a Rs. 500 crore fine on Volkswagen India for damaging the environment by using the emission cheat device. Company says will appeal in Supreme Court.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...942254143.html
murillo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 22:14   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Two products coming to India from VW,

1. VW T Cross - Will it be redesigned to fall in the 4m segment ?

Quote:
Expect it to start around ₹ 9 lakh and top off at about ₹ 12 lakh

2. VW T ROC - Will this be the Creta rival?

Quote:
The T-Roc is also expected to come to India by the way
Source:
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 23:28   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Two products coming to India from VW,

1. VW T Cross - Will it be redesigned to fall in the 4m segment ?
2. VW T ROC - Will this be the Creta rival?
Source:
The T Cross may be modified to be over 4m in length and compete with the Creta, not sure how customers will react to the 1 litre 3 cylinder engine.

The T Roc is a Golf equivalent, that means first world prices that we can't afford. I don't see any demand for it.
Old 4th April 2019, 19:01   #503
BHPian

Found this new VW model between Pune and Satara today.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-img_20190404_185107.jpg  

Volkswagen India: The Way Forward-img_20190404_185112_1.jpg  

ManishSoni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 20:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

Could be a brand new vehicle headed to the dealer stockyard.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 09:11   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManishSoni View Post
Found this new VW model between Pune and Satara today.

Does look like a VW, for sure, but doesn't match any of the speculated models expected from them. What I find curious is the minimal camoflauge it wears, and that it's a right hand drive vehicle not matching anything on their UK site. Could this be the Indian version of T-Cross!!!

Edit: Nope! Looks like the Tiguan Allspace.

Last edited by 2cents : 5th April 2019 at 09:21.
Old 5th April 2019, 09:17   #506
BHPian

Can it be a Tiguan which is just moved across stockyards?
Old 5th April 2019, 09:17   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Does look like a VW, for sure, but doesn't match any of the speculated models expected from them. What I find curious is the minimal camoflauge it wears, and that it's a right hand drive vehicle not matching anything on their UK site. Could this be the Indian version of T-Cross!!!
Yes, it was VW for sure, in fact two of them. One in dual tone exterior as in the pics, and the other one in white. In both cases, only the rear logo was camouflaged while the front was visible VW. Looked like a 4m to me.
Old 5th April 2019, 11:03   #508
BHPian

This is a VW Tiguan which is already on sale. All VW cars comes partially wrapped with a white sheet to protect the vehicles from dust / micro scratches (Germans, you see ).
Old 5th April 2019, 12:23   #509
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is Tiguan. This car doesn't really have much road presence mostly appears creta sized (though it is bigger) So i wonder if T-Cross will only end up looking like a Polo-Cross
Old 5th April 2019, 21:52   #510
BHPian

Sorry, my bad. Haven't seen many of these on road, forget seeing two together. Looks really small considering the position it has in VW line-up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks