Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 01:14   #346
BHPian

Re: Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India

I don't know about other cities. But, in Bangalore, where there are unscientific road mountains every 300-500m on average and craters everywhere, Honda City is a no-go unless they seriously fix the ground clearance. Used to drive a Civic before, but then every time I took my car out, I had to do a painful mental calculation of the roads/craters/bumps involved. Many times I used to take alternative roads - the car was dictating where I go, how I go & darn even how many people I take. Can't imagine that anymore. Now, I drive Duster & one word to describe high GC in Bangalore is FREEDOM.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 12th December 2013 at 01:28.
idofsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 08:53   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
I don't know about other cities. But, in Bangalore, where there are unscientific road mountains every 300-500m on average and craters everywhere, Honda City is a no-go unless they seriously fix the ground clearance. Used to drive a Civic before, but then every time I took my car out, I had to do a painful mental calculation of the roads/craters/bumps involved. Many times I used to take alternative roads - the car was dictating where I go, how I go & darn even how many people I take. Can't imagine that anymore. Now, I drive Duster & one word to describe high GC in Bangalore is FREEDOM.
For last 4 years, I am driving my car which is exactly same GC as honda city (2013 model) in Bangalore.

I do face problems with "unscientific road mountains", but a proper driving saves scratching the underbelly. If I try to cross the humps with some speed, it will hit the underbelly. However, this is the case with almost all sedans and hatchbacks.

I think Honda will increase GC by 5 mm. I fell this may be sufficient if one drive carefully.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:27   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
I think Honda will increase GC by 5 mm. I fell this may be sufficient if one drive carefully.
From what I see in the picture it looks like the GC issue is addressed , however I agree that we need to wait and watch if the picture reflects the actual.
The website where I found this pic also claims that GC is improved but Iam not 100% sure on the reliability.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India-honda.jpg  

Old 13th December 2013, 19:38   #349
BHPian

Got a SMS from the sales advisor today that the car will be lauched on 9th January 2014 - Means it will be available for display in showroom in Chennai
Old 13th December 2013, 19:55   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Got a SMS from the sales advisor today that the car will be lauched on 9th January 2014 - Means it will be available for display in showroom in Chennai
Is this Sundaram Honda? I have booked with them and have also been told the same thing when called last week. So that seems to be the date.

Also was told that deliveries should start like about 10 days from then.
Old 13th December 2013, 22:14   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
Is this Sundaram Honda? I have booked with them and have also been told the same thing when called last week. So that seems to be the date.

Have they started production? Whether all the deliveries are 2014 make? When I asked my SA, she told me that the deliveries will be in Feb-march.
Old 14th December 2013, 08:48   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
Is this Sundaram Honda?

No Balaji, This is from Olympia Honda, If the same been told to you, then it is absolutely great that we can see vehicles.

I had been to Capital honda yesterday to TD Amaze D for my friend but they didn't had any clue about the date of launch.
Old 14th December 2013, 12:22   #353
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/indiancaren...80956541936028

Honda City caught at a Honda Dealership in new Delhi by Indian Car Enthusiasts, really impressive interiors and exterior seems pretty nice! Awesome work by Honda.
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 13:03   #354
Senior - BHPian

Ground clearance if the old City (Arrow Shot design) was improved, with the last refresh, however, this time the wheelbase too has increased by 50mm (2 inches), I feel this could again be a cause of concern for the owners/ riders, especially while dealing with bad roads & unscientific speed breakers.

I feel they should follow the Fiat approach (GC was increased to 185mm on Linea), but, I am sure Honda would then be the undisputed king of bad handling easily displacing Verna for the dubious distinction .

IMO they should increase underbody warranty , but, business sense says they could do the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
Quote:
For last 4 years, I am driving my car which is exactly same GC as honda city (2013 model) in Bangalore.

I do face problems with "unscientific road mountains", but a proper driving saves scratching the underbelly. If I try to cross the humps with some speed, it will hit the underbelly. However, this is the case with almost all sedans and hatchbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
From what I see in the picture it looks like the GC issue is addressed , however I agree that we need to wait and watch if the picture reflects the actual.
The website where I found this pic also claims that GC is improved but Iam not 100% sure on the reliability.
Old 14th December 2013, 21:05   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
The GC figures quoted are total red herrings. What is the lowest part of a car - it is smack between the front wheels, which rides over the bumps!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 21:29   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
https://www.facebook.com/indiancaren...80956541936028

Honda City caught at a Honda Dealership in new Delhi by Indian Car Enthusiasts, really impressive interiors and exterior seems pretty nice! Awesome work by Honda.

This looks like a variant lower than the top end.
Missing out on : Start Stop, Fogs, Leather Seats.

Still has : Alloys, ACC, Touch Screen Audio, Cruise control.
And is a diesel.
em17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 08:13   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by em17 View Post
This looks like a variant lower than the top end. Missing out on : Start Stop, Fogs, Leather Seats. Still has : Alloys, ACC, Touch Screen Audio, Cruise control. And is a diesel.
Guys,could any of you spot the airbags on this model?also the rear seat looks to be lacking thigh support.
Old 15th December 2013, 08:24   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys,could any of you spot the airbags on this model?also the rear seat looks to be lacking thigh support.
The outgoing city had airbags as standard across all variants.( I think apart from the corporate edition). So I think it's safe to assume that will continue.
Old 15th December 2013, 08:58   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys,could any of you spot the airbags on this model?
Think so. If you look at the snap of the steering wheel you can spot the letters SRS.
Old 15th December 2013, 11:03   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by em17 View Post
This looks like a variant lower than the top end.
Missing out on : Start Stop, Fogs, Leather Seats.

Still has : Alloys, ACC, Touch Screen Audio, Cruise control.
And is a diesel.
That's a pretty good observation mate. I missed it when I saw the pics yesterday and had a re look at them after you pointed out.
I somehow feel all these spy pics could be a part of the publicity strategy to have the talk active among forums and people.
Anyways as I mentioned earlier IMO car looks good and actually looks better than the initial launch pics , may be it is growing on me .
While Honda still wants to play the guessing game on for the prices , I will not hesitate to cancel my booking if they price it way beyond the segment and I will look for other VFM options available in the market.

Cheers,

pdma
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks