Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 03:16   #946
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

While I agree Ford Aspire is a wonderful car. Not only does it offer an excellent with superb power and torque figures, it looks equally sharp and aggressive. Not just engines and looks, it also offers proper safety features even in the base variant and an unbeatable set of safety equipment in the top variant. If that is not enough, it offers an excellent DCT auto-box with a powerful petrol engine, breaking all segment norms. All this at an unbeatable price. The car is excellent and value proposition is unbeatable. Now, this makes people wonder what went wrong and what could possibly be done doe the car to sell.

The answer is simple IMO - LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT SUCH A CAR EXISTS. If Ford expects to sell a car with no TVC, no publicity and no ads whatsoever, they are mistaken. This is no Ecosport - which created a new segment altogether - that people wait for the product with bated breath and then rush to the showroom with signed checkbooks and book it in spite of even 1 year waiting.

Aspire is coming to an already over-populated segment, where very competent products like Zest failed to make a mark - in spite of giving segment first turbo-petrol and Diesel AMT models along with a very impressive feature set and un-TATA like build. Ford needed to should on top of their voices to make the market aware of this product and its merits. I am sure very very few outside the forum know about such a car and if they choose to keep their mouth shut and expect the car to sell - BIG MISTAKE.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 07:26   #947
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
While I agree Ford Aspire is a wonderful car. Not only does it offer an excellent with superb power and torque figures, it looks equally sharp and aggressive. Not just engines and looks, it also offers proper safety features even in the base variant and an unbeatable set of safety equipment in the top variant. If that is not enough, it offers an excellent DCT auto-box with a powerful petrol engine, breaking all segment norms. All this at an unbeatable price. The car is excellent and value proposition is unbeatable. Now, this makes people wonder what went wrong and what could possibly be done doe the car to sell.
Hey, since you were considering the Jazz and I20 (I know you have booked S cross 1.3 Zeta), did you consider the Aspire as well? You could save a lot of money and also get additional airbags. And if you didn't why? Just curious.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:18   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hey, since you were considering the Jazz and I20 (I know you have booked S cross 1.3 Zeta), did you consider the Aspire as well? You could save a lot of money and also get additional airbags. And if you didn't why? Just curious.
Not really Adimicra, I was never a fan of sub 4m sedans and that is one main reason why I chose NOT to look at Aspire seriously. Also, not a big fan of all the beige in the dash and doors. The puny tires are also a turn-off.

However, the ride + handling combination is unmatched in the segment. Safety features are also class leading. It has a wonderful diesel engine too and most importantly - it is priced well. Even though I have not taken a test drive, I am skeptical if the rear seat space and comfort will match the Jazz / S-Cross.

I understand this is a very good car and gives a lot of value for money, but this is not the car for me. A test drive might change things, but as of now, the car neither tugs MY heart nor MY head.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:50   #949
BANNED

Quote:
N Also, not a big fan of all the beige in the dash and doors. The puny tires are also a turn-off.
I would recommend you to give this car a serious look. The beige theme is not that gaudy in real looks inside the car. Also the top half of dash in jet black really gives it a premium feel. The only eye sore is the beige door trims.

Also the tyres aren't punny as you feel (if you comapre with the L and V versions of Maruti's offering in both Swift and Dzire). I would say the 175/65 R14 and the choice of rubber (mostly Apollo Amazer in all cars I had seen) does give the illusion of a beefy tyre and fills up the wheel well quite good.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 25th August 2015, 11:58   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Even though I have not taken a test drive, I am skeptical if the rear seat space and comfort will match the Jazz / S-Cross.
Jazz is also being display at Cyber Hub this week. Build quality looked good enough to me. What disappointed me was the rear seat. With Magic seats, it felt like a bench. The recline angle was not that great. Not sure if it could be reclined further.

I could be wrong but Aspire rear bench felt comparable to City in matters of comfort and not Jazz. City has better thigh support.
Old 25th August 2015, 12:42   #951
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

However, the ride + handling combination is unmatched in the segment. Safety features are also class leading. It has a wonderful diesel engine too and most importantly - it is priced well. Even though I have not taken a test drive, I am skeptical if the rear seat space and comfort will match the Jazz / S-Cross.

As someone who owns a Figo and has a Fiesta Classic in the extended family that I have travelled a lot on , I find the back seat space in the Figo Aspire surpassing that of even the Fiesta. The interior packaging has improved significantly over the Figo/Fiesta twins.

The rear seat is very comfortable . I am six feet tall and I can sit behind the front seat adjusted to my height which is not possible in the Figo.
Old 25th August 2015, 17:25   #952
M^3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The rear seat is very comfortable . I am six feet tall and I can sit behind the front seat adjusted to my height which is not possible in the Figo.
Just curious - Can we expect the same level of space and comfort in the upcoming Figo Hatchback also? (Assuming they don't alter the wheel base)
Old 25th August 2015, 20:21   #953
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

While this is pure speculation, what I have seen from other sedan/hatch conversions is that the rear seat recline angle is tweaked which can have an impact on comfort.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 11:37   #954
Senior - BHPian

I am starting to see some much needed action from the marketing team of Ford India for Aspire. Hindu was carrying a full page advt. a couple of days back.

And also caught this very nice commercial on TV yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=973556239362992
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 11:51   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Nice ad indeed. I am sure no one missed the slow moving boring white Dzire overtaken by the exciting + HOT red and super powerful Aspire Nice clever stuff unlike the gross "Naya Sanskar" Datsun Go ad.

I think they should have reduced the back-voice from Farhan Akthar. I felt like he was giving commentary in some documentary. Making the most of the money they paid him, I guess.
Old 26th August 2015, 12:03   #956
JD1
BHPian

Saw full page ad in last page of TOI Bangalore. Looks like Ford has started formal marketing finally!
Old 26th August 2015, 15:44   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am starting to see some much needed action from the marketing team of Ford India for Aspire. Hindu was carrying a full page advt. a couple of days back.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=973556239362992
While Ford are making the baby steps, I think they are still far far away from being good at marketing. They need to be more aggressive(something like VW's catchy ad's in newspaper). Also Where is Farhan Akhtar in the ad?? First of all they had to hire a Mass personality and now they don't even feature Farhan in the main ad.
Aspire is great car which is priced extremely well, hopefully the marketing team doesn't let down this fabulous product.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 00:37   #958
BHPian

Well its been more than a week since the Aspire was launched and yet to see a single car on road.In comparison I spotted a couple of the new Creta on road a day after its launch! I don't know what ford's marketing division is upto! Just one full page advertisement on the day of the launch and that dull add on the tv, which i agree with the rest,lacks any enthusiasm or excitement, heck i see more adds for the new Audi A6 than the Aspire!!

I know a person who has already booked an amaze and when i asked him if he considered the Aspire, he gave me a blank stare and asked me if its already launched !
I know by sitting behind our screens its easy to lecture on a sound marketing strategy, but if Ford is reading this thread, you'll need to pull up your socks cause whatever so called marketing you'll are doing, its not getting the desired results!

Coming back to the Aspire, i haven't see it in the flesh but it seems like a decent package for the price. Happy that safety is top priority as compared to extra features but will it sit well with the average Indian customer is yet to be seen. Though some features are missing as standard on the titanium / Titanium+ which are available among competitors.

Some of the features the aam janta are going to crib about w.r.t what the competition offers for the same price are:
1. 15 inch wheels
2. Reversing sensors
3. Reversing camera
4. Touch Screen AVN
5. Push button start/stop

If even one of the above features would have jacked up the price then ford could have done a segment first, thrown in some proper DRLs to mask the deficient feature and give customers something to brag about. As we know how much these DRls are sort after.
I feel for the price difference between the trend and titanium,the added features doesn't justify the 1 lakh premium. While the titanium+ is priced comparatively better as compared to the titanium for the amount of added features.

Anyways... Right now I'm not in the market for a new car but maybe a year or two later would need something to replace our figo. Irrespective of the response the Aspire gets hope ford still keeps safety as top priority but also throws in a little more features when it launches the Figo hatch.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 27th August 2015 at 00:38.
Old 27th August 2015, 22:22   #959
BHPian

Just checked out the Aspire this evening. I'm 6-2 and 6-4 with a turban. The only seat where I could be comfortable was the drivers seat with the seat all the way down and the telescopic steering all the way up. I didn't like the all beige interiors (except the dash). The passenger seat at the front was uncomfortable as my left shoulder was stuck to the car and I hit my head while getting in and out. I feel the Punto has a better cabin in the front for tall drivers.

The Back seat was not a nice place to be. Poor headroom, legroom and thigh support.

The Grand i10,amaze have better space management.

The SA mentioned, the Figo hatchback may come out this year. And may have better headroom at the back.

Rear seat angle seems too upright and cannot fold to make space for more cargo.

The driver's seat is a nice place to be in though.

Maybe I'm biased, as my reference is a fiat linea.

Last edited by drsingh : 27th August 2015 at 22:26.
Old 31st August 2015, 12:30   #960
BHPian

Got my car checked before it goes for RTO formalities as it arrived yesterday from Sanand plant, 2 day delay in dispatch due to reservation riots that caused disturbance in Gujarat.

VIN details shows unknown model on the Ford VIN tracking site (may be due to EU site) Sparkling Gold shade is known by Korea Gold color, as expected it is rightly categorized in the 4 door salon segment.

Expected delivery on 3rd Sep, eager to get behind my new set of wheels!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-vin-ffa.png  

Last edited by KreativeGeek : 31st August 2015 at 12:31. Reason: typo error
KreativeGeek is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks