Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 15:26   #721
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

I guess this is as good as it gets when it comes to pricing, Ford has done a good job not going with the sky high price tactics that are being used by the competitors. Ford always had decent build and now pretty good service network also.

With this car they have a killer product which if marketed right and supported by supply/availability will really shake up the scenes. All the very best! For a change good news for auto enthusiasts.

Any idea about the BLR onroad prices?
Jaggu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:28   #722

Good product and good pricing. Ford seems to have a winner in hand. I fail to understand why car makers are skipping AT on their top variant? Hyundai did the same with Creta AT.
suyr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:31   #723
Senior - BHPian

Pricing is good but not great. Diesel prices, where Ford can expect some volumes are not very cheap and basic diesel model will be 7 lacs on road approximately. Does Ford have that much in their brand which will make people buy 7 lacs car with very basic features? No in my honest opinion. Their 4.9 Lacs is for base petrol 1.2 L engine, which is very dull and known for bad fuel efficiency.

Prediction: This car will do some numbers (3-4 K) in first 6 months, after that it will go on reducing. After 1.5 to 2 years car will be dud for sure.

Last edited by GTO : 13th August 2015 at 14:22. Reason: Typo
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:31   #724
BHPian

Ford, thanks so much for the sane pricing, though as somebody pointed out only the entry variant is reasonably priced.

This should bring the sanity in the greedy minds of every other car manufacturer, except Tata. Stay the same!
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:35   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Is it just me or the pricing of automatic variant is quite competitive. DCT technology with 6 airbags at 7.79 L.

DSG in Polo TSI starts at 8.5L. So considering everything not bad at all, Ford deserves a pat on the back for AT cost.
The pricing is really very competitive. But the AT does not come in the Titanium+ variant ( the variant that has 6 airbags! ) so the Figo Aspire AT will come with 2 airbags only. But how they managed to price this the same as the Amaze or Xcent AT is beyond me... I say this because those two come with 1.2L engines - cheaper to manufacture and also get the excise duty benefit.
aravind.anand is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:36   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
Good product and good pricing. Ford seems to have a winner in hand. I fail to understand why car makers are skipping AT on their top variant? Hyundai did the same with Creta AT.
Totally agree with you on this. Even I don't know why manufacturers are not supplying the AT in the top-end variants.

My only guess can be that the price will sky rocket. However, I believe that a lot of people (like me too!) are willing to shell out money for a top-end AT with all the bells and whistles.
Old 12th August 2015, 15:37   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Is it just me or the pricing of automatic variant is quite competitive. DCT technology with 6 airbags at 7.79 L.

DSG in Polo TSI starts at 8.5L. So considering everything not bad at all, Ford deserves a pat on the back for AT cost.
Although the AT variant is very well priced, it doesn't come in the top trim and hence doesn't get 6 airbags.

Great job on the pricing as well as the product by Ford. Now only if the waiting period is less and prices aren't increased soon like they did with the EcoSport.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:38   #728
BHPian

Here is a screen grab of the email sent to dealers by Ford. 3.5% is dealer margin. All variants also have an option of NOT choosing the metallic version which will be even more cheaper. But who would do that?

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-img_2673.jpg
witwiky is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:42   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Prediction: This car will do some numbers (3-4 K) in first 6 months, after that it will go on reducing. After 1.5 to 2 years car will be dud for sure.
I really wonder if you have any personal grudge against Ford because you love to bash them in each and every thread. As soon as Ford launches a new product, you are the first one to predict that their product will be a dud. What can i say, Ford is a very small company globally and they definitely can not match the worldwide giants like Maruti who have a technological marvel in the form of Dzire, even 4-5k units a month for Aspire would be great for them.

Figo was a dud, Fiesta is a dud, Ecosport is a dud and would not matter if even Aspire is a dud , atleast the customers have more to choose from. Launching a 6 airbags clad car with a proper 1.5 diesel mill (not a small 1.1 or 1.3 diesel), balanced ride/handling, good feature set, 26 kmpl arai fe at the same price point at a top end Amaze is overpriced, which car is rightly priced then? Maybe S Cross or Creta.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 12th August 2015 at 15:45.
coolboy007 is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:43   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a sense of deja-vu here. I recall how the sentiments were very similar when EcoSport was launched! What ensued though, was not that good - endless wait times, under the table deals for preferential allotment, forced accessory packs for early delivery and so on!

Really hoping the same things aren't repeated and they are well equipped to handle the demand this time around.
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:44   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The pricing is really very competitive. But the AT does not come in the Titanium+ variant ( the variant that has 6 airbags! ) so the Figo Aspire AT will come with 2 airbags only. But how they managed to price this the same as the Amaze or Xcent AT is beyond me... I say this because those two come with 1.2L engines - cheaper to manufacture and also get the excise duty benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Although the AT variant is very well priced, it doesn't come in the top trim and hence doesn't get 6 airbags.

Great job on the pricing as well as the product by Ford. Now only if the waiting period is less and prices aren't increased soon like they did with the EcoSport.

My bad guys, thanks for pointing out about the airbag thing. Still to give DCT at this price is quite good. So far we only had lousy options such as CVT.
Old 12th August 2015, 15:45   #732
Senior - BHPian

Just as expected from Ford. They are experts in pricing (initial) nowadays. Now this is a killer option and the first few takers would be lucky if they get the deliveries at this price point. Usually it is increased in a few months time like what happened to Ecosport. When Hyundai and MSIL got it screwed Ford got it right.
ram_hyundai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:47   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Pricing is good but not great. Diesel prices, where Ford can expect some volumes are not very cheap and basic diesel model will be 7 lacs on road approximately. Does Ford has that much in their brand which will make people buy 7 lacs car with very basic features? No in my honest opinion. Their 4.9 Lacs is for base petrol 1.2 L engine, which is very dull and known for bad fuel efficiency.

Base variant is not basic that is the beauty of this product. Where else will you find dual front airbag as standard. If i remember correct, even the so called premium cross over S-cross retailing from premium showrooms at premium prices has only driver side airbag as standard.
Regarding performance, petrol performs adequately for its class, may be a bit slow, because of its heavy but safe cage. It emphasise the balanced approach of ford regarding car weight, safety and performance, than outright fuel efficiency centric approach of some of its competitors.
Dr.Abhi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:49   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

I am waiting for the figo now. Wish they launch an AT too. This car has everything right. The only thing that is not right is the blind-maruti/hyundai- buying ignorant public. If this was from maruti stable, I am sure it will do 20k numbers easily every month.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:58   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess we are OK to pay high for 75 bhp & 71 bhp(?) 3-pot diesel engines; but have a problem paying similar cash for a 100 bhp engine with high FE. Very sad state of affairs.

My only grouse is that ABS is only offered on Titanium & above. Otherwise, I guess this is a good product. Waiting for TBHP review.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks