Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 14:14   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I am expecting Ford to buck the trend with pricing to an extent. Maybe the top end with 6 airbags will be a premium but looking at the pricing of the Fiesta and Ecosport they don't have much headroom to go bonkers in pricing.

The Ecosport top end Titanium (O) diesel is 10.2L ex-showroom Delhi. The compact sedan should ideally be lower than this. How much lower we don't know yet.

My estimate would be 8L ex showroom for the top end Titanium and sub 9L for the fully loaded one with 6 airbags.

Anything more than 9L for the top spec diesel with 6 airbags and we will be shedding more tears and agony in the Aspire review thread. It will be the third shock in 3 weeks!
+1 to your Views.

My estimate:

Aspire Base- 6.99 lacs(equivalent to their earlier Exi)
Aspire Mid-7.59 lac(Equivalent to their Earlier Zxi)
Aspire Titanium-8.19 lacs
Aspire Titanium+ -8.89 lacs(with 6 Airbags)

Call it wishful thinking but I think these are realistic prices which Ford could target at.

They undercut the Dzire and have a realistic pricing on the charts

Last edited by arnabchak : 6th August 2015 at 14:17.
Old 6th August 2015, 15:09   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the brochure of Ford Figo Aspire.

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebrochure1.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebrochureindia1.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebrochurespecificationsindia.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebrochurecomfortfeatures.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirebrochurebodycolors1.jpg

http://www.indianhoods.com/news/ford...dia+Details%29
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 16:14   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Any guesses about the pricing for 1.5L DCT variant? Considering it would fall in the same tax bracket as the ecosport but minus the 6 airbags and the GC can the ex showroom for it be around 8L?
The Ecosport AT is around ~9.7 Ex showroom. Looking within the segment, the Amaze VX AT is ~7.9 Ex-Showroom with a 5 Speed AT box. The Xcent is slightly cheaper but comes with a older 4 speed AT. Both are 1.2L In comparison, the Aspire is a 1.5 with a DCT gearbox, build seems similar to the Amaze and as loaded as the Xcent. So I would put the launch Ex Showroom price somewhere around 8.5 L (with an increase not too far after launch). I think they can go up to 9L considering the engine+gearbox combination. If Maruti can charge 3L just for a bigger engine, Ford may think it ok charging a 1L premium over the competition for a better engine plus an advanced AT Box.

At least initially they have to launch it somewhere along with the Xcent, Amaze and even Jazz.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th August 2015 at 16:23.
Old 6th August 2015, 16:38   #604
BHPian

Ford Figo Aspire has announced its launch date at last? Good! In my opinion, the Aspire launch has lost steam to some extent, due to the promotions that happened very early and now the expectations has come down drastically.
Any numbers available about the pre-launch bookings available?
For us who keenly follow the new launches, the past few months are a merry, due to a number of launches!

The looks of the car are stunning, and it is especially great in Smoke Grey and Tuxedo Black. With right pricing, it will be able to successfully take a pie out of Tata Zest & Honda Amaze. I think Hyundai Xcent sales will not be affected by this, because those who go to Hyundai showroom to buy a compact sedan, either buy an Xcent or come back with an i20!
About Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire? Until Maruti themselves decide to scrap the product, there is no stopping as of now, going by the sales numbers.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 16:45   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
+1 to your Views.

My estimate:

Aspire Base- 6.99 lacs(equivalent to their earlier Exi)
Aspire Mid-7.59 lac(Equivalent to their Earlier Zxi)
Aspire Titanium-8.19 lacs
Aspire Titanium+ -8.89 lacs(with 6 Airbags)

Call it wishful thinking but I think these are realistic prices which Ford could target at.

They undercut the Dzire and have a realistic pricing on the charts
Fiesta classic starts at 5L. Ecosport starts at 6.75L. Dzire starts at 5L.

I'd be baffled if Aspire starts at anything more than 5L.
Old 6th August 2015, 16:58   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Fiesta classic starts at 5L. Ecosport starts at 6.75L. Dzire starts at 5L.

I'd be baffled if Aspire starts at anything more than 5L.
The starting you have mentioned is the Petrol variants.
I am only considering the Diesel variants here.

The Diesel Variants of each of the above are:
Classic : Rs. 6.96
Dzire : Rs. 6.00
Amaze : Rs. 6.21
Ecosport: Rs.7.89

All figures in Rs. lac. Ex Showroom Delhi.
Source: www.carwale.com
Old 6th August 2015, 20:53   #607
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Ecosport AT is around ~9.7 Ex showroom. Looking within the segment, the Amaze VX AT is ~7.9 Ex-Showroom with a 5 Speed AT box. The Xcent is slightly cheaper but comes with a older 4 speed AT. Both are 1.2L In comparison, the Aspire is a 1.5 with a DCT gearbox, build seems similar to the Amaze and as loaded as the Xcent. So I would put the launch Ex Showroom price somewhere around 8.5 L (with an increase not too far after launch). I think they can go up to 9L considering the engine+gearbox combination. If Maruti can charge 3L just for a bigger engine, Ford may think it ok charging a 1L premium over the competition for a better engine plus an advanced AT Box.

At least initially they have to launch it somewhere along with the Xcent, Amaze and even Jazz.
Even if they want to keep pricing similar to Xcent, Amaze etc; the fact that 1.5L AT would attract 24% excise (compared to 12% that Xcent, Amaze have) would push the price up by 80K - 1L. That means it would be somewhere around 8.75 L. Ciaz VXi+ AT is 8.87 L and ZXi AT is 9.58 (Delhi), so right away Ciaz will be there to give a fight. If they cross 9L, then City too would come into play. Ecosport can have pricing similar to City/Ciaz as it is considered different segment, but if someone is getting a City or Ciaz by paying less than 1L extra, then it would be difficult to consider Aspire.
I hope they price it between 8 and 8.5 to have fighting chance.

Edit - Just to clarify that I am aligned to the 8.5L you are thinking.

Last edited by JD1 : 6th August 2015 at 20:56.
JD1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 13:04   #608
BHPian

I just noticed that the accessories page of the brochure shows 'Camera and GPS Display on IRVM'
Does this car have GPS built-in?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-untitled.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 20:12   #609
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I just noticed that the accessories page of the brochure shows 'Camera and GPS Display on IRVM'
I guess the Figo Aspire does have built-in GPS, at least on the top end Titanium+ trim level. Basically, GPS seems to be a "sleeping" feature of Ford's SYNC music system. I've termed it a "sleeping" feature, because it seems to "wakes up" only when the SYNC system uses the GPS locator for it's emergency notification feature:

Take a close look at what the brochure has to say on Ford's SYNC system:

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-image.jpg

Do note that it says the system will make use of your paired phone to notify emergency services with your GPS location.

It clearly says "phone" and not "smartphone". So I guess any Bluetooth-enabled phone would do for this purpose.

If this is correct, it automatically means the SYNC itself has GPS as a "sleeping" component, and the mirror would make use of this for displaying the navigation screen.

This immediately raises the question - How would one type in the name of a place etc.? I guess this would be done though the Nokia-phone inspired buttons of the SYNC system, and may be through voice instructions as well.

The mirror would be a fantastic accessory to have (along with the reverse camera), but it'd be a pity if the navigation feature cannot be used on the Trend and Titanium variants.

Of course, I could be completely wrong if Ford's SYNC requires a paired smartphone for its emergency notification feature. Then it means the system merely mirrors (no pun intended) the smartphone navigation screen on the mirror.

Last edited by RSR : 7th August 2015 at 20:33.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 20:31   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I too have the same question. Are the guys who made pre-booking aware of this feature? If so, it would be useful if you can share the information .
Old 7th August 2015, 22:48   #611
BHPian

The dealer said the display car does not have all features that would be on the final car when launched. So can't say about inbuilt GPS.

However, I believe that the reverse camera with maps mirror also has an inbuilt GPS in the mirror itself as that is the best place to have the GPS module/ sensor for interacting with the satellite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
I too have the same question. Are the guys who made pre-booking aware of this feature? If so, it would be useful if you can share the information .
witwiky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 20:59   #612
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Went to checkout the Figo Aspire at MPL Ford, Chennai yesterday. The interiors are clearly a step above the current Figo which I use. The beige interiors add to the sense of spaciousness to the cabin which I think is clearly larger even in real terms. The interior quality is good . Definitely above the Dzire and Amaze, on par with Zest and Xcent.

The leather seats on the Titanium+ display model are very comfy. The tyres were Apollo Amazer 3g . The sales man quoted an expected price of 8 lakhs for titanium+ diesel. However the salesman was very frank in admitting that he was nee to the industry and didn't know much about cars which earned him a couple of brownie points.

They were taking bookings with a deposit of 30K and he mentioned another 30 K which I didn't bother to enquire about as I have no plans of buying this in the short term.

Would be a great upgrade from my Figo 1-2 years down the line.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 10:38   #613
BHPian

I am quite disappointed with the reversal of the wiper and headlamp stalks. I prefer the lights on the left and the wipers on the right only.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th August 2015 at 10:05. Reason: The review is a WIP.
Old 9th August 2015, 12:00   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
I am quite disappointed with the reversal of the wiper and headlamp stalks. I prefer the lights on the left and the wipers on the right only.
Now that's a rarest of rare feedback that Ford was expecting.

Everyone want the stalks to be RHD oriented. Anyway you still have VW,Fiat with their wrong sided stalks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th August 2015 at 10:05. Reason: Quoted post edited.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 16:14   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Now that's a rarest of rare feedback that Ford was expecting.

Everyone want the stalks to be RHD oriented. Anyway you still have VW,Fiat with their wrong sided stalks.

The official Tbhp review will be out only after the announcement of the pricing.
When it comes to stalks there is no right or wrong side. It is just a matter of customs. I think you should read about it more. Basically European (including the British who drive on the same side as us) and American cars have the lights on the left and wipers on the right while the Asians (including the Koreans who drive on the opposite side as us) have it the other way around. Anyway this is OT

Any info on the AC compressor used? Is it still the super effective 150 cc compressor found in other ford cars? This time they didnt advertise it so I am a bit skeptical.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks