Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2015, 23:18   #586
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

From what I have heard Ford is primarily focus is on the export market and they aren't keen on the domestic market for their margins are thin here. But from a value for money perspective no one else gives as much as a Ford. I was even surprised to see Lumbar support in the Aspire, this isn't available even in a 17 lacs Creta.

I see a lot of features that are available in my 7 year old Fiesta SXi which aren't available in some of the expensive cars, like auto dimming mirrors, beep sounds when you forget to switch of your lamps, auto boot lamps, interior side lights for the rear passengers and leather wrapped steering. For some these may not be a necessity, but I feel these are very helpful. For example my car's battery lasted for six years, if I had left the lights on even for a few hours, I am sure the battery life would have come down. Leather on steering, they feel so nice and its a pleasure to hold the steering rather than those hard plastic ones.

I wish Ford could pay a lot more attention to the Indian market and I am sure people will lap up their offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Guys, I also had a look at this car yesterday at Harpreet Ford in Info City.

Staff Experience: Not good. Mainly because of the body language of the sales executive. It's disappointing as the car looks exciting.

The car:
1) I guess apart from the driver (that's me), the rest of the family could not see it as upgrade from Getz! The rear bench isn't any wider and three people can only 'adjust'. The Getz has a better recline angle of the bench. Front seats are much better.
2) With the height adjustable seat, I was quickly able to find the perfect seating position where I could see bonnet. All round visibility was good from the position. The steering felt great and despite the criticism of dials, I found them to be okay. (The steering is too good to look at dials)
3) The ergonomics are great at front seats and everything makes sense. You can see what's on the display on AV(N?) without lowering your eyes. Cubby holes, cup holders are perfectly placed. The storage area under the ACC is perfect. It is the best placement that I have even seen. And yes, the seat is better than Elite I20.
4) Plastics are hard. But who cares. This car is targeted at 'Aspiring' young/MNC crowd and makes an excellent case of first car. It has all one would have wanted at this price.
5) Alloys look good but look small. To me, its okay. What is not okay is Apollo 3G rubber. Spare would be an Alloy as per the executive. In the display car, it was a steel one.
6) There is no handle anywhere on the boot. I guess it is electrically/gas operated (no idea). It is deep enough and big enough unless you are frequent flyer with heavy luggage.
7) I also checked under the hood. The engine is neatly packed and it looked great (I see a 20-25 years old technology in Getz). The executive told it was Petrol top model but to me, it looked like a diesel.
8) No beading at the doors. The rubber beading is on the area where door closes. Not sure what's the point. Door without beading looked cool to me.

Cost Cutting:
1) No Reach adjustable steering. Does it matter when I can see the bonnet with the perfect grip on the steering? Not at all.
2) No Auto Dimming mirrors. It would have helped but manual is just fine.
3) No Reverse Parking Sensors, no projector headlamps, no vanity mirrors, no claddings in the hood and the boot.

In my perspective, 6 Airbags overcome these cost cuttings by a wide margin. But the gloom on sales guy's face was telling a different story.

As per the discussion, the Titanium+ will come at Dzire price point (8 Lacs Ex Showroom). I think a 1.5L turbocharged 100 BHP diesel with 6 Airbags and Sync is a steal.

This car is not generating enough hype. But, at Dzire price point, this will become a sleeper hit with a word of mouth publicity.

Bad pricing kills the good cars. Ford is not doing that with this car.

This car will be available from August 7 as per the executive. So will be the TDs.
Old 2nd August 2015, 23:27   #587
BHPian

Well, booked a Titanium+ version Diesel at Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai. I even got a delivery date as the executive, who BTW was courteous and eager to engage with customers, said that cars have started arriving at their warehouses. The promised delivery date for a black T+ diesel was 4th week of August. While, black Titanium will only be available in October. The booking numbers are not that great as expected as was evident from my conversations with the Executive. Also, a disclaimer that the executive said was that there will be minor changes in fit and finish in the final car from the one displayed in the showroom. This might be true as I noticed these changes in Youtube review videos like the chrome inserts on the fender and better rubber padding on doors which currently are non existent on the display car.
Just FYI, I currently own a Figo 2010 model with Pune number plates which I offered for exchange in New Bombay at Bhavna Ford. They have made it sound a seamless process which is quite compelling along with a generous exchange offer. I hope that promise is met and will write about it as and when it unfolds. Now the only wait is for TD and pricing.
witwiky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:29   #588
BHPian

Latest Ford Aspire brochure attached for reference.
Obtained from Ford India website.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford Aspire India.pdf (2.06 MB, 1369 views)
Raja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 21:42   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Latest Ford Aspire brochure attached for reference.
Obtained from Ford India website.
Seems like the accessories list is updated now. The shark fin is shown in black and not in body colour Will have to wait for the launch to know the details.
Old 6th August 2015, 10:01   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the big guns are done with their launches now, Ford is getting ready to launch the Aspire on August 12th. Looking forward to some sensible pricing of what looks like a very good car.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...12-396724.aspx

Quote:
Ford started accepting bookings for the Figo Aspire from July 27. The company has now announced that it will be launching the car on August 12. The Aspire will be Ford’s maiden entry into the compact sedan segment which currently features models such as the Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Tata Zest and Honda Amaze.
Quote:
Ford is expected to sell the Figo Aspire at a price point similar to that of the current segment leader, the Maruti Dzire, and from what we know, it could very well set a new benchmark for the segment
Old 6th August 2015, 10:24   #591
Senior - BHPian

A concept showcase before the 2014 auto expo, the official reveal at the inauguration of Ford's Sanand plant, multiple showcases across the country and Ford is now going to launch the Figo Aspire on 12th August. The compact sedan is Ford's attempt to take advantage of the popular sub-4 metre sedan segment and the car will take on rivals including the Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze, Tata Zest and the current segment leader i.e. the Maruti Dzire.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-www.teambhp.com.jpg
Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:33   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Hoping Ford will price the Aspire within classic's price point. If that happens, we will see a winner from Ford stable, after a long time.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:39   #593
BHPian

If, as anticipated, Ford launches the Aspire competing with the Dzire price point (which comes to around 8 lacs ex-showroom ~ 9.6 lacs on road in Bangalore for the ZDI variant), they will have a good show. Anything above this, regardless of 6 airbags, will always be compared against Maruti and see it suffering a slow death.

To be on the safe side, I don't want to get my hopes up though - the last couple of launches were a disappointment.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 12:51   #594
Senior - BHPian

In the wake of series of blunders regarding the pricing, hope as usually Ford has there game plan as in Eco Sport. Makes sense when this is priced way below the premium hatches (so called). No wonder why Desire is a hot seller (in fact the top seller) in India.
Old 6th August 2015, 12:55   #595
Senior - BHPian

I really like the car and will definitely choose it over a Dzire because of the looks and Ford build Quality. They have a winner on hands if they price it below Dzire. Atleast for one year of launch.
Old 6th August 2015, 13:02   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

No way it will be priced below dzire. You get a better engine, 4 more airbags, a lot more features, better build quality & equal fuel efficiency (25.83kmpl!!)

Plus people will not mind spending a premium over dzire for the aesthetic advantage and the driving pleasure. But if ford manages to price it less than dzire, we may see aspires doing a monthly sales of 5000- 8000 units for sure.

Attached a screenshot of an sms from ford this morning. They are reaching out to everyone who had stepped in their dealership. I approached ford 2 years ago for ecosport td.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-wp_ss_20150806_0001.png  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 6th August 2015 at 13:06.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 13:03   #597
BHPian

Maruti has its selling point as no worries, decent design, good equipment and very good network and after sales support. But trust me I have owned Alto, i10 and Classic, Ford has come along way in terms of after sales service and network.

So, the aspire has

DESIGN - clean designs better than dezire and other competitors but not as snazzy as the i20

ISSUES - Ford Owners will agree that the persistent issues once associated with Ford brand is story of the past

EQUIPMENT - Loads of them which are good in terms of safety and practical usage

AFTER SALES SUPPORT - My classic has run 30000+ kilometers. It is cheaper to maintain, no parts replaced and decent dealer support

PRICE - Ford has played this game pretty well in the recent times, fingers crossed.

So Aspire should take a decent chunk in this segment, but will it be from the chart topper have to wait to see

Will I buy an Aspire, SORRY NO. I already booked a Fiesta..waiting starts
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 13:21   #598
Team-BHP Support

I am expecting Ford to buck the trend with pricing to an extent. Maybe the top end with 6 airbags will be a premium but looking at the pricing of the Fiesta and Ecosport they don't have much headroom to go bonkers in pricing.

The Ecosport top end Titanium (O) diesel is 10.2L ex-showroom Delhi. The compact sedan should ideally be lower than this. How much lower we don't know yet.

My estimate would be 8L ex showroom for the top end Titanium and sub 9L for the fully loaded one with 6 airbags.

Anything more than 9L for the top spec diesel with 6 airbags and we will be shedding more tears and agony in the Aspire review thread. It will be the third shock in 3 weeks!
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 13:29   #599
BHPian

It is better not to expect too much from pricing point of view at this moment since the latest launches were disappointing for me (maybe for many).
I am looking for a new car at the moment and Aspire is one in my final list. Fingers crossed...
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 13:46   #600
BHPian

Any guesses about the pricing for 1.5L DCT variant? Considering it would fall in the same tax bracket as the ecosport but minus the 6 airbags and the GC can the ex showroom for it be around 8L?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks