Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:29   #541
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

All,

Any inputs about the DCT transmission from ford? how does this compare against VW's DSG ? Or am i comparing apples and oranges here
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:28   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
All,

Any inputs about the DCT transmission from ford? how does this compare against VW's DSG ? Or am i comparing apples and oranges here
Not really. Definitely can be compared. Both are Dual Clutch Gearboxes. DCT is 6 speed, DSG (used in the Polo/Vento) is 7 Speed. Since the engine it is mated to plays an important role, at least here in India, the DSG can be considered better since it is mated to the 1.2 TSI.

Some additional info in this post in response to a similar question.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3754114
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 14:15   #543
Senior - BHPian

A friendly ford chap told me that they are informing dealers that "bookings to be open next week, amount of 30k, prices announced by first week of august".

Last edited by ramzsys : 24th July 2015 at 14:16.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 14:15   #544
Senior - BHPian

Got message from Cauvery Ford Mangalore. The Aspire will be launched on 26/07/2014 at 4:00PM. Guess the official launch will happen by 12:00 AM.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 14:22   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got message from Cauvery Ford Mangalore. The Aspire will be launched on 26/07/2014 at 4:00PM. Guess the official launch will happen by 12:00 AM.
I think you mean 12.00 PM?
batterylow is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 14:58   #546
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Details that have emerged thus far say that the 'Trend' trim version will not have the chrome slats on the front grille. Do you think one could get it fitted after-market? At the dealer itself?

Never before was I a fan of chrome. But this one time, it does look sooper sweet.
Yep, the Aston Martin look-alike grille in chrome looks classy and stunning!

Only the Titanium & Titanium+ variants get the full chrome treatment for the front grille.

The base Ambiente gets silver painted treatment for both the grille surround & the horizontal bars.

The Trend gets chrome treatment for the grille surround, but the horizontal bars are silver painted.

I think there would not be that much of a difference between the chrome & silver grilles when viewing them from a distance. On closer inspection, the chrome would indeed look better.

I'm not sure if the dealer can put in the full chrome grille on the Ambiente/Trend, at least during the initial days after launch. Once the workshops start stocking spares, I think it would be possible to swap the grilles during regular service.

Or, you can go to your nearest dedicated Ford spare parts retailer, buy the grille over-the-counter and get it fixed by yourself. Link to thread on Ford's over-the-counter sales initiative:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...are-parts.html

Quote:
Fantastic!

So Ford are not worried at all about the limelight getting hogged by other launches! They've deliberately chosen a launch date between those of the Creta and S-Cross.

Why shouldn't they? Ford's aspirations (pun intended) are quite clear with the new Figo twins. They're aiming to become a part of the big league in the Indian market, and rightfully so! With the Figo twins, they have the products. And with their welcome new attitude to safety features, they have what it takes to shake up the respective segments, and fulfill their aspirations!

Bring 'em on, Ford!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I think you mean 12.00 PM?
Yes, I also think he meant noon, which is the most common time for car launches in India. Half-an-hour to forty-five minutes for presentations, a sound-and-light show, driving the car(s) on to the stage, the BIG announcement (prices), a photo session, followed by a hearty five-star lunch for the invitees. Car launches have become so predictable these days.

Still, one never knows. Ford may decide to steer clear of the predictable and do something out-of-the-ordinary - like holding a launch event at midnight. After all, they are known for conducting "midnight sales" events from time to time. So one cannot really rule out a midnight launch for the Aspire.

Last edited by RSR : 24th July 2015 at 15:16.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:21   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

July 26 is a Sunday. I don't remember anyone doing a launch on a weekend.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 16:14   #548
Team-BHP Support

Ford has announced that it will start accepting bookings for the Figo Aspire compact sedan on July 27, 2015. The booking amount has been set at Rs. 30,000.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 18:12   #549
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you meant to say 26/07/2015
Old 24th July 2015, 18:15   #550
BHPian

Here’s why I think the aspire is a great car :-

(1) Looks : It looks great in the pictures with the aston martinesque grill, the clean lines and the shapely rear. Buy one in silver, tint the windows and drive to the nearest multiples to catch the next show of the spectre.

(2) Performance : Going by the reviews on you tube, the 1.5 diesel is a sprightly performer; eager to get to the ton and with long legs to boot. Mate it to ford’s feelsome steering and it should be an exciting car to drive.

(3) Interiors : I, for one, am a fan of the spaceship like design of the ford cockpits. It looks funky and futuristic. Plus the SYNC and voice commands are great for the geeks inside us.

(4) Safety : Dual airbags as standard on all variants. Brilliant Ford!

Here’s why I don’t think it will sell :-

Suzuki swift Dzire
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 18:59   #551
BHPian

+1 Looks like amongst the car manufacturers in India, Ford is leading the way in safety. I haven't heard of any other manufacturer who has (or plans to have) 6 airbags + ABS (with ESP - is this only for auto?) in this segment (and I believe in the hatch segment too) as part of their offering, albeit in their top end. The base versions haven't been neglected either and they get kitted out decently with driver and passenger airbags (only Toyota do this in lower versions; but the top versions don't get additional airbags though)

Way to go! Hope other manufacturers take a leaf out of this.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 19:05   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
+1 Looks like amongst the car manufacturers in India, Ford is leading the way in safety. I haven't heard of any other manufacturer who has (or plans to have) 6 airbags + ABS (with ESP - is this only for auto?) in this segment (and I believe in the hatch segment too) as part of their offering, albeit in their top end. The base versions haven't been neglected either and they get kitted out decently with driver and passenger airbags (only Toyota do this in lower versions; but the top versions don't get additional airbags though)

Way to go! Hope other manufacturers take a leaf out of this.
Right. Excellent job by Ford. Apart from Toyota VW also offers airbags as standard in all variants of all their cars.

ESP will be available only in the AT.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 19:09   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Apart from Toyota VW also offers airbags as standard in all variants of all their cars.

ESP will be available only in the AT.
Thanks for the AT part. And right you are -> VW offers this too.
Old 24th July 2015, 22:21   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_3000ad View Post
[b]
Here’s why I don’t think it will sell :-

Suzuki swift Dzire
Well,more than Dzire being a thorn in the flesh for Aspire, the vice versa might turn out to be true. Let me explain some points that will go Ford's way,

The Dzire prices in Bangalore are as follows ( Diesel)
LDi - 7.66 Lakhs OTR
VDi - 8.33 Lakhs OTR
ZDi - 9.44 Lakhs OTR

Currently Ford's got its Fiesta classic against the Dzire whose diesel variants are priced like this

LXi - 7.91 Lakhs OTR
CLXi - 8.51 Lakhs OTR
Titanium - 9.39 Lakhs OTR

I do not see much difference in the pricing even though the Fiesta Classic is not sub 4-m whereas the Dzire is sub 4-m. Now come July 27, the Aspire will be here, sub 4 m, so Ford "can" price it lower and no arguments that Ford has better features/looks and better build.

At the moment i am unable to guess how much the sub 4-m tax advantage they can pass on to customers but assume its 30k per variant at least ( more is welcome Ford ) , Ford has a strong adversary in the Aspire for the Dzire ,no brainer here that the Aspire will not sell 20,000 cars a month like Dzire does but this car is one Maruti will take serious note of, if not with time its customers will. Aspire can erode a few thousands off the 20,000 slowly.

Now not just the Dzire, Amaze, Zest, Xcent are other cars in direct competition with Aspire that will have an impact. Are we done? If the 1.5 diesel Titanium+ variant costs less than 10 L OTR then it is cheaper than the top end diesel Jazz too ! Oh my , anyone with 10 lakhs to spare on a car , you will have many set of wheels wooing you,but the choice may not be tough if you want to pick the safest of the lot !
The Observer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 23:04   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford have updated the Aspire site with the following information:

1. ARAI fuel rating
  • 1.2L MT (TiVCT Petrol): 18.16 Km/L
  • 1.5L MT (TDCi Diesel): 25.83 Km/L
  • 1.5L AT (TiVCT Petrol): 17.0 Km/L
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspirearai.jpg
2. Colour options
  • Ruby Red