Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 10:21   #811
BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Million dollars advice there buddy, thanks. I shall be patient, but this endless wait is eating me.
Buddy you will have to wait till September, as Bolt will not be launched before zest. The first to roll out is Zest in August and Bolt in September. I hope they start the bookings for Zest from next month, after the media drive happens on 9th of July.
Old 26th June 2014, 14:14   #812
BHPian

There was a Tata Motors stall put up in my society they were showcasing Manza & Storme. I asked the sales guy about Zest & Bolt & he confirmed that both the cars will be launched by Aug/Sep. He further added that there are hundreds of customers with cash in their hands chasing us for the booking & that they are expecting a long waiting list for both the cars. He sounded a bit too overconfident to me ( even for a salesman/marketing guy).
Old 26th June 2014, 15:32   #813
BHPian

I have just seen the test mule of BOLT at the signal near EC flyover. It took a U turn towards Hosur at the signal. For me it seems like another Vista and by seeing the camouflage only I could able to guess this as BOLT. Though TATA seems to be betting a lot on this car I have my own apprehensions.
Old 26th June 2014, 22:47   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
For me it seems like another Vista
So it is a facelifted Vista indeed. A facelift which is miles ahead of the previous veraion. IMO, Tata's hopes are all good, as it is the product which if good, priced sensibly and backed by good management and stuff, will make it.
Old 26th June 2014, 22:49   #815
BHPian

Visited pandit auto pimpri today and got a very confident reply from a sales guy about zest being displayed as well as being made available for test drive from 15th of july and booking to start at the same time as well.
Old 27th June 2014, 01:27   #816
BHPian

Went through the thread extensively and I MUST correct myself for thinking its just a facelifted Vista!

They've almost changed everything in the car. The engine, the suspension, the interior, the infotainment! They've even worked on the sheet metal changes! That too not only by the tail-light design, but also the sleek lines by the side and the even front grille.

If they're seriously planning to offer xenon lights & the Harman Infotainment system, and if they manage to keep a VFM price tag, then I must admit it'll be a strong contender to give the Swift a serious run for its money!

It seems even the branding is being done effectively. A first we had subtle visibility in the 20-20 matches, and now I hear the brand music play often on the TV. I'm sure they'll build a good buzz once the launch comes close!

If the launch price is VFM & delivery dates are sane, I don't think I'm going to wait for any review from either ACI, Overdrive or even Team-BHP. I'll even find a way to deal with the ASS, however it is.

Priorities can be worked out & adjusted. Seems MUV plans are out, sedan plans are IN. All the best Tata, eagerly waiting for it. But I'll need it to be VFM.
WorkingGuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 10:06   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Tata's hopes are all good, as it is the product which if good, priced sensibly and backed by good management and stuff, will make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
If the launch price is VFM & delivery dates are sane, I don't think I'm going to wait for any review from either ACI, Overdrive or even Team-BHP. I'll even find a way to deal with the ASS, however it is.

Priorities can be worked out & adjusted. Seems MUV plans are out, sedan plans are IN. All the best Tata, eagerly waiting for it. But I'll need it to be VFM.
I reckon both the products will be priced sensibly, as the new govt has extended the excise duty benefits till next year. Tata is already known for VFM tag, and I hope they don't mess up like Aria.
Old 27th June 2014, 10:34   #818
BHPian

>>>

Fact : India has one of the highest fatality rates for road accidents in the world.

Observation : Our driver training programmes do not reduce the probability of such accidents by regular driver assessment of driving skills.

Culture : As people we do not always consider roads as public spaces where each one of us has to be accommodated safely and that right of way rules/norms have to be observed strictly and that roads and especially intersections are not the right places to show off one's racing skills.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above be true, I would like to see airbags for all occupants in all vehicles, be it hatchbacks, sedans, MUVs or SUVs. If the Tatas do it for the Zest and the Bolt, I think it will be a step in the right direction ( including the cost of such a dry, banal and - to many a "useless, costly"- feature).

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 27th June 2014 at 10:36.
issigonis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 15:41   #819
BHPian

Latest information on the Tata Zest.

Source:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/t...ed-pune-134795
Atif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 22:45   #820
BHPian

This may not be the place to put this up but I guess TML is going all out to change perception!

I got a call today from Balaji Cars at Thane. The reason for the call - they had called me earlier to tell me about a free check up and service / cleaning camp and i had declined to accept the offer so the call came from the service manager who asked me politely if I had received the offer and also wanted to know from me as to why i did not want to take up the offer plus he spent another 10 minutes with me asking me about my experience at his centre and if I had any issues.

I told him i was a satisfied Tata client and would surely bring it up to him if I had issues and thanked him for the call. asked him when the Zezt was going to be out and he indicated "soon..very soon maybe in a couple of months".

I have been a Tata Car owner now for 6 years and never have a received a call earlier asking me why i had declined a free check up and service plus the trouble he took to find out if I had issues tells me that TML is taking things seriously and it may be good news for a lot my friends out there!

Cheers!
shashi63 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 14:00   #821
BHPian

I'm compelled to say that Service at any A.S.C. (not just Tata) may really be generally considered good, but IMO, its often subjective.

Knowing that SA's are given incentives to earn the dealership service center more, in the end its ones relationship with individual Service Advisor that matters. IMO, as tight a leash TATA/Any company may have kept, the owners should stay careful & cautious to let the SA feel that theres NO scope for any foul play.

So as long as one judiciously uses the tools provided, (namely the feedback form, feedback call and the E-mail to reach the customer-care) I'm sure TaMo is the kind of company thats proactive & takes things to the logical conclusion.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 30th June 2014 at 14:04.
Old 30th June 2014, 14:40   #822
BHPian

Update::

Tata Bolt Petrol AMT will offer 3 driving modes - CITY , ECO & SPORT.

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-picsart_1404118810098.jpg

Quote:
The petrol variant of the Tata Bolt which is powered by the 1.2-litre Revotron turbocharged engine will offer three driving modes – City, Eco and Sport.
Source:: IAB
KING DYSP is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 19:46   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Update::

Tata Bolt Petrol AMT will offer 3 driving modes - CITY , ECO & SPORT.

Source:: IAB
I doubt AMT would be offered on the petrol variant of Bolt. Even the article doesn't speak about AMT on the petrol. All along its being said that AMT would be only on the diesel Zest and later there was some information floating regarding AMT being included in diesel Bolt as well.
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:58   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Going by the latest pictures in post# 801, i couldn't help but notice those el cheapo ORVMS from the current Vistas. I hope this is only for the test mule and they provide better mirrors which were shown in the first real pics that surfaced. (across all variants) These mirrors are really going to look cheap.
I suppose we, in the end, won't have reason to worry as that particular test mule may have sported the older model (vista) orvm. The latest spy shot from Motorbash.com suggests the ones shown during Auto Expo remain. I only hope they don't do dirty tricks of old shape mirrors for lower variants and new design for top end variants. It'll look terrible.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestspiedpunefront.jpg  

Old 1st July 2014, 11:59   #825
Senior - BHPian

Tata banking heavily on its petrol engines

Tata Motors have focused the spotlights on their newly developed range of petrol engines, with the introduction of the 1.2L turbocharged Revotron engine, in the upcoming Zest and Bolt. Even though the company did offer cars with petrol engine options in the past, it is their diesel cars which outsold them and how. Their petrol engines currently make up only 5% of its sales volumes and can be described as mediocre at best, when compared to the competition.

Mr. Ranjit Yadav, president of the passenger vehicles business at Tata Motors, stated in an interview with Financial Express that the company is gradually moving towards being a ‘fuel-agnostic’ carmaker, with market share equally balanced between petrol and diesel offerings.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 1st July 2014 at 12:04.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks