Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2014, 08:38   #1426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
If i am not wrong then the bolt was showcased months before the Elite i20 introduction. So c pillar is not copied from Elite i20
That's right. Bolt with black c pillar was showcased much earlier.

That said, the i20s execution of it is much better with a plastic cladding. The bolt has a sort of vinyl sticker by the looks of it. Also, since the rear door remains unchanged from Vista, that black portion somehow doesn't meet any corner at all. At least the widow shape and top portion of upper quarter panel could have been revised a bit to make the blackened pillar blend properly into the shape.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th December 2014 at 08:40.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 09:24   #1427
Team-BHP Support

Re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Maruti is unbeatable when it comes to shaving weight of their cars by whatever means necessary!!
That's more of a Japanese trait. And Maruti is not the unbeaten champion here- Etios Liva D with its 980kgs kerb weight is almost 80kgs lighter than Swift, and almost 200kg less than the Bolt.

Personally, I'm thankful atleast some manufacturers are sticking to heavier cars. Wish Bolt had the 90ps tune though!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 12:04   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
If i am not wrong then the bolt was showcased months before the Elite i20 introduction. So c pillar is not copied from Elite i20
I am not saying copied from Hyundai Elite i20, but since Hyundai was launched first, it will get the advantage of first mover. The right term would be 'identical'.
vikast_ap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 13:16   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Tata Bolt Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

If the Bolt has same quantum cabin space and rear seat space ( and why shouldnt it?) as does Zest, it should trump even Vista in this, leave alone other competitors.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2014 at 12:15. Reason: Adding link to Bolt review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks