Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 11:18   #1411
BHPian

Re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

The specs of the Bolt are out on Motorbeam (Link here):

The weight of the petrol is 1095 to 1125 kg, thats higher than the Swift
The weight of the diesel is 1130 to 1160 kg, again higher than the Swift

The power is 90 PS vs the Swift 84 PS.
The torque of the petrol is 140 NM @ 1500-4000 RPM, thats higher than the Swift at 115 NM @ 4000 RPM

The images show a very nice interiors IMO, not sure of the ergonomics though.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltpressimagedashboard1024x682.jpg

Does the rear leg room look less than the Indica? It appears to be sufficient though.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltrearseats1024x677.jpg
PVPal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 13:56   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
India does make the world's lightest swift

Maruti is unbeatable when it comes to shaving weight of their cars by whatever means necessary!!
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 15:02   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Maruti is unbeatable when it comes to shaving weight of their cars by whatever means necessary!!
Off-topic. Indeed Shortbeard. I have a curious suspicion that this weight trimming is the reason behind the structural instability of the Swift. The 2014 Swift ZXi/ZDi trim is 965/1060 kg, a good 2.5% lighter than the previous version. Thats a good 160/100 kg lower than the Bolt.
I say suspicion since we will never really know where the weight trimming happens.

Hell, the Bolts weight is comparable to the Punto petrol/diesel (1095/1198 kg).
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 16:02   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
The specs of the Bolt are out on Motorbeam (Link here):

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
India does make the world's lightest swift

to put things in perspective,

Maruti Swift Petrol Zxi kerb weight : 965Kg
Bolt Petrol Kerb weight: 1095 to 1125
Suzuki Swift Petrol 5dr (UK) : 1020 to 1085 Kg

Maruti Swift Diesel ZDi kerb weight: 1060Kg
Bolt Diesel Kerb weight 1130 to 1160Kg
Suzuki swift Diesel 5Dr (UK): 1125Kg

Tata has always given more kilo per rupee than maruti, but the weights are bit more favourable to the international swift.

Then the question is, is the desi swift trimmer or malnourished compared to its videshi cousin, and is the bolt flabbier or healthier?
Old 6th December 2014, 16:45   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Let's not go

Tata will have to walk a very fine line with the pricing. The Bolt will have to be priced competitively but still leave enough room for the Kite to be priced cheaper. Will be interesting when the Bolt's prices are announced and will also give us an idea as to how much the Kite might cost.
Old 7th December 2014, 12:04   #1416
BHPian

Bolt definitely looks way better that Vista. I think its a well packaged product and should strike the right chord with consumers.

While front and sides resembles Vista, I think rear looks completely different and looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt6.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt11dashboard.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt19interiors.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt23driverside.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt25seatquality.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt1headlight.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt4grille.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatabolt24window.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 12:27   #1417
BHPian

I agree, the Bolt looks fab inside out. For me, the only gripe is the lack of 90PS VGT motor given in Zest. However, if that translates to aggressive pricing, I'll be happy to book it. I'm guessing that the pricing will be around/slightly lesser than Grand i10. Let's see.
Old 7th December 2014, 12:39   #1418
BHPian

My thoughts:

The interiors are good. Tata has improved a lot on the interiors and making it tough on competition. And if they continue to improve on service level, they will be a winner.

The only downside is, Tata needs to get out of the Vista flavour. Yes, some might say Vista is good design. But to move forward Tata needs to come up with a different design. Vista is an ubiquitous design and does not make sense for Tata, who are trying to re-capture the market. If you are a market leader and bringing in new models like this, then it is fine. Here Tata need to renew them and distinguish them in the market to be looked upon as a leader.

I remember when Tata launched Indica, it forced Maruti to cut down the price of Maruti 800. In that period Maruti was ruling the Indian roads. This type of reactive action you have to induce in your competitors. Tata needs that kind of product to re-capture the market.
AshBabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 14:24   #1419
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Tata would do well by selling the car on its own merits. They should resist the temptation of comparing the Bolt to the Swift in their advertisements, even if it is positioned directly against the Swift.

In the past, they have put out ads pitting their product directly against the competing Maruti Suzuki (Manza against Dzire, Vista against Swift etc.) and each time it backfired. Their Manza ad attempted to mock the Japanese and their product, only for Maruti Suzuki to have the last laugh at Tata's plight in terms of sales.

A bit more advertising maturity is required for the Bolt. As it is, the car begins its innings with the disadvantage of having to dissociate itself from the Vista. Some advertising & marketing ingenuity from Tata is necessary to push the Bolt.

Last edited by RSR : 7th December 2014 at 14:29.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 11:03   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Specs of the Tata Bolt revealed

Tata's much awaited Bolt hatchback is set to make its debut in the first quarter of 2015.

It is going to be available in two engine options - a petrol and a diesel motor. The petrol is a 1.2 liter turbocharged Revotron unit which will produce 90 PS @ 5000 RPM of power and 140 Nm @ 1500-4000 RPM of torque. The diesel unit is a 1.3 liter Fiat-sourced motor that produces 75 PS @ 4000 RPM of power and 190 Nm @ 1750-3000 RPM of max torque. Both of these will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Its sedan sibling - Zest is also available with an optional automated manual transmission with its diesel motor.

Like the Zest, the Bolt too will be loaded with features such as projector headlamps with the "follow-me" function, integrated turn indicators on the ORVMs, remote lock/unlock, climate control air-con, a touchscreen infotainment system by Harman with 4 speakers and 4 tweeters. This unit will also support navigation and video playback.

Safety equipment such as ABS + EBD, dual front airbags, speed sensitive door locks and a burglar alarm will be available too.

Tech Specs:
Length: 3825 mm
Width: 1695 mm
Height: 1562 mm
Wheelbase: 2470 mm
Ground Clearance: 165 mm
Tyre Size: 175/65 R15
Turning Radius: 5.1 m
Boot Space: 210 liters

Last edited by S2!!! : 8th December 2014 at 11:28.
S2!!! is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 12:51   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Thanks S2.

There are almost zero changes to the specs and dimensions of the Vista.

Just have a look at the following table:

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-vista_bolt.jpg

Current Vista's boot is on the border of being useful and useless. At least, the turning radius and boot size should have been improved in the Bolt. Ofcourse, rest of the changes are just fantastic and first time in Tata and most likely in the segment too.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 13:24   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Attachment 1316251

Current Vista's boot is on the border of being useful and useless. At least, the turning radius and boot size should have been improved in the Bolt. Ofcourse, rest of the changes are just fantastic and first time in Tata and most likely in the segment too.
A small correction in your table. The current Vista's boot capacity is 232 liters i.e. a 22 liters more than the Bolt (Vista's e-brochure)! And you were talking about the Vista's boot being on the border of useful and useless ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Fuel tank capacity might be the same as Zest i.e. 42 litres, versus 37 litres for the Vista.
Fuel tank capacity of the Bolt is 44 liters vs 37 liters of the Vista.

Last edited by S2!!! : 8th December 2014 at 13:33.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 13:25   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks S2.

Attachment 1316251

Boot space for Vista is incorrect - should be 232 litres. In the Bolt, boot size has been reduced.

Fuel tank capacity might be the same as Zest i.e. 42 litres, versus 37 litres for the Vista.
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 14:06   #1424
BHPian

While the interiors look superbly good, and the quality is way better than other Tata cars, the exteriors are still a question mark! It looks like Figo from behind, C-pillars are from Elite i20, front is from Vista! Tata and Exteriors don't gel well, I guess!
Old 8th December 2014, 15:28   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikast_ap View Post
While the interiors look superbly good, and the quality is way better than other Tata cars, the exteriors are still a question mark! It looks like Figo from behind, C-pillars are from Elite i20, front is from Vista! Tata and Exteriors don't gel well, I guess!
If i am not wrong then the bolt was showcased months before the Elite i20 introduction. So c pillar is not copied from Elite i20
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks