Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:00   #1201
BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Tata brought the Christmas Tree lights into India if I am not wrong and initially people loved the the fact because of the high visibility they offered. The Figo has the same concept and people don't complain but when it is Tata people love to complain. why this discrimination?
I'm not discriminating, in fact I personally drive a Vista and like the looks of it. After 12-14 years of the same design a new look is most welcome. Also it helps distinguish the Bolt from the Vista quite easily which is important to the new image that Tata is portraying.
SneakyFunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:28   #1202
BHPian

Looks like TATA is heading in the right direction and we can expect to see them only improve with future models
Quote:
According to Australian website Drive, Tata wants to make its cars more attractive to buyers outside of India, and to do that the company knows it must improve quality. The Indian company is being careful, though, because it doesn't want to dilute the Jaguar or Land Rover brands with cheap models. "You're going to see in the future a lot of sharing of technologies and platforms over time, but you won't see a JLR with a Tata badge on it," said Darren Bowler, managing director of Tata's Australian distributor, to Drive.

According to Bowler, these future vehicles are already on the way. Tata and JLR have a global platform in the works for 2017 that both companies could use for cars or crossovers. He also hinted that Jaguar's new Ingenium engines could be shared among the brands in the future, too.
Whiplash7 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:42   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here played the game?

This is the first time I'm playing a race game on my phone and it looks quite decent! I used to play this game called Real Racing ALOT on my iPad, so comparatively I'd say the graphics are quite nice for a 48mb game.

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-uploadfromtaptalk1406135477652.jpg

I got ~4000 points, Some people have got 16,000 points!

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-uploadfromtaptalk1406135500290.jpg

Edit : Oh I just found it on the App Store for iOS! Great! Feedback soon

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/the-...896594582?mt=8

iOS one is the same, I found it MUCH easier in my iPad.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-image.jpg

Not as good as Real Racing, but quite decent for an 80MB game.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd July 2014 at 23:08.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 10:48   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Its been more than a week now since the media drive happened in Goa. Dear MODS, is the official report ready or not?

This morning I waited a while outside Pandit Auto showroom, but did not spot anything new and exciting. Probably the car has reached the showroom, but not the display yet.

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th July 2014 at 15:15. Reason: We don't cook our reviews :)
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 12:14   #1205
BHPian

An editor had this to say on Twitter.

"An told that on a recent drive of a much awaited car (sort of) journalists were made to sign an NDA about a particular feature that failed."

Wonder which feature and if that car is the Zest?

LINK

Note from Mod: Please always provide a source link.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2014 at 16:51. Reason: Please provide a LINK to the source if its a public tweet...
IMeMyself is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 12:47   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Why this unwanted speculation? the person tweeted did not mention anything about Zest. Something can fail in Audi A3 or Mobilio too.
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 13:06   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
An editor had this to say on Twitter.

"An told that on a recent drive of a much awaited car (sort of) journalists were made to sign an NDA about a particular feature that failed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Why this unwanted speculation? the person tweeted did not mention anything about Zest. Something can fail in Audi A3 or Mobilio too.
+1.

IMeMyself, I request you don't post baseless statements on irrelevant threads. If you have any grudge against Tata brand, then make comments with facts.

Cheers!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 13:27   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Birdie, (fairly reliable), says 12th Aug launch. Trying to cross check from other sources.

It seems the positive media reviews have elicited a good response from potential buyers, with one particular dealer i spoke to in a Tier - 2 city mentioning they were holding 20 bookings - mostly diesel, as that particular market favours oil burners.
Overall feedback from various sources say dealers are looking forward to the Zest and this new found pep in the TML dealer community is being seen as a encouraging sign.

Slightly : it seems Nexon, (sub-4m SUV), will hit the showroom next year Diwali. It will have a 4x4 option too.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 13:57   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Gsmes and cotests apart, i read somewhere that the Zest AMT doesnt come with driver seat height adjustment. If true, it would be a major setback for the potential AMT buyers.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:34   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
why this discrimination?
The end user appreciates good bits and is open if he doesn't like something. Its his money afterall. I for one, liked the christmas tree tail lights setup when Tata put them on Indica, but going forward, it seemed to become a design philosophy for Tata hatchbacks when they continued it with the Vista. I even like the back of Vista. But I accept the fact that this kind of back lights setup has become monotonous now, I like them in the Punto but not in Figo, somehow Fiat has done a back with much more elegance, if Tata could have done a similar thing, probably Vista's back would have got more fans. For separating the Bolt from Vista, they have changed this design, which is a good step, IMO, as it breaks the monotonousity and perception of being a Vista underneath. The end results look pleasing to my eyes.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:01   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
. The end results look pleasing to my eyes.
Cheers to great product from TATA!

Love it and have TD coming up tomorrow.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:55   #1212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
To put any speculation to rest:

No - we did not have to sign any NDA for the Zest.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:57   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Zest AMT doesnt come with driver seat height adjustment. If true, it would be a major setback for the potential AMT buyers.
Buddy, AMT is not available with the top variant, meaning not only seat height adjust, so many other features, even airbags are not there with AMT.
Still, I am looking to go for the same, of course because no top end is there with AMT. The mid variant will come with ABS, a decent music system and of course the AMT. I am interested in this one for my parents.
Old 24th July 2014, 17:15   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Gsmes and cotests apart, i read somewhere that the Zest AMT doesnt come with driver seat height adjustment. If true, it would be a major setback for the potential AMT buyers.
We make such blanket comments here & Maruti has managed 40000 bookings of the "weak bodied, unsafe, featureless" Celerio.

Ultimately, the Indian customer is moved only by herd mentality, safety in volumes, 'kitna deti hai', pricing & perceived resale price.
gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 18:25   #1215
BHPian

Need help - old car exchange

Friends, now I have a real scenario and I need help from all of you.
My parents have a Baleno which has served them well for 7 years now. As they live in a small place near Mathura district of U.P. the maintenance of the old beauty has become a pain. I am really liking the new Zest and think that it can be the best replacement of the Baleno, having the AMT option and being a diesel, as my parents need to travel a lot since recently.
The problem is that they are reluctant to accept the age of their lovely ride and insist on keeping it and not to 'waste' money on just a mean to travel.
So, I can do a booking online from Bangalore, where I live and can go to Mathura to recieve the car on the day of delivery, get the car and take it to my parents' place and gift it to them but then what happens of the Baleno then?
So, the real question is, that my bank here can finance for upto 80-85% of the on road price of the car, I can get the amount and fly to Mathura with it, pay the rest 15-20% from my side and get the car. I really want the Baleno to be taken by the dealer in exchange. As the used car market has been very harsh on Balenos, I am not really counting on the 'best price' for this car, BTW, it is an LXi, pearl silver, done about 1L KM and we are second owners, one more glitch, it is Delhi registered and I need a dealer in UP to take it, I don't know how it would even work. Also, before proceeding to Zest's delivery, don't the dealer people like to evaluate the exchange car? I can only give them the old car when I am there, and that would be while taking delivery of the Zest.
So, please please guys, show me the way to get this done.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks